• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Talos Principle PS4 Review thread (releases Oct. 13)

Yeah the only question now is do I pick up a physical version or buy it on the PS Store towards their "spend $100 get $15" promotion.. ? Probably physical since I like loaning games to friends and this looks like something they might enjoy as well.

Kuraudo

Banned
Eh, I was interested until I found out it was GAME exclusive. Not supporting the retailer or shitty monopolising practices. Will wait until the digital version drops in price.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Very much looking forward to this. Didn't know it was getting a physical release. Need to snag that. Love the cover. Please tell me it's not EU only.

wouwie

Man I've been waiting for this since it came out on PC. So hyped.

Same here.

I wonder how big the filesize would be on PSN. I assume it's going to be pretty huge? That and the great cover means i'll probably buy the disc version next week. It's one of my last game purchases for this year (unless something interesting pops up between now and christmas) and it will probably keep me busy for quite some time.

Aaron D.

Such an awesome game.

If I remember correctly, it released on PC in the 2nd week of Dec. last year. Well after I'd completed my GOTY Top 10 list.

I wound up enjoying it so much that I went back and edited the game into my #2 spot for the year.

Don't sleep on this game!

Hugstable

Banned
Game seemed really neat on Steam, might think about picking it up on PS4 also. I've been playing so much action games that maybe it's time for a good ole puzzle game

Blizzard

Banned
I enjoyed the game on Steam. It's probably my favorite first-person puzzle game since Portal 1 and 2, even though the very end of The Talos Principle disappointed me a little bit.

With GCU it's only $39.99 at Best Buy + they had a deal for a while where you got a $10 gift card with it (not the rewards points version). Sadly it looks like the gift card bonus is gone now.

This is why I'm kicking myself. I seen the deal, said to myself, I'll wait until it's closer to release. Looked 3 weeks ago and the deal is gone. Love the Portal series but I'll prolly pick this up Black Friday. Got too many games to play right now

Freeman76

I'm really looking forward to this game, does anyone know if it will come out on PSN on 13th in the UK? I don't want to buy it through GAME, I don't trust them and on their website it says release TBC.

For such a critically acclaimed game it is very difficult to get information on it, more puzzling than the game itself!

Darkroronoa

I was wondering when the time would come that I'd see our taste in games differ. So people who have played the game, are the puzzles good or does it have an interesting narrative or what?

The puzzle are really good, but the best thing is the narrative and the story which is amazing.
You have a really good puzzle game as a core, a game that would be great on its own, and then you add the story and you have the amazing game that is the talos principle.
The story and the puzzles take turns in a great order so you wont get bored of either, and then you can also explore, the game has loads of easter eggs and stars to collect.
In my opinion its the perfect game for someone to get into puzzle games because its more than a simple puzzle game, although the end puzzles might be a bit too challenging, you can get some help through in game i think, but limited (did not use them).

CHC

It's a really great game. Anyone who enjoys engaging puzzles like Portal should get this. Anyone who enjoys interesting philosophical discussions in a game like Planescape: Torment should pick this up.

Really, get this game. It's much more than the sum of its parts.

Calabi

I was surprised how good this was. I didn't think much of it from the visuals, bought it on a whim when it was cheap and left it in my steam library for ages. Then some article reminded me and I thought I might as well try it for a bit and then I was hooked in and couldn't escape till I completed it.

It's just all round really good. Even with just the puzzles it would be good enough, some of them were difficult and annoying but that's just my impatience and that's part of the fun, I eventually did them. The story and all the filler just adds so much more and the atmosphere is so bittersweet.

eshwaaz

I feel like I have been waiting forever for this. Info on the PS4 version has been practically nonexistent, so I half assumed that it would just be quietly canceled. Thrilled that it's finally coming out!

Kalamoj

This is the final game on my 2015 buying list.
Watched the GT review, love on the first sight.
Cannot wait to play it.
Edit: uhhh, 65 bucks in my local shop

Really enjoyed the PC demo and been meaning to get it for a while. I've got a couple of friends who especially enjoy puzzle games and woild enjoy the philosophical aspect, and playing this with them on the couch would be a blast.

Freeman76

Is there anywhere to see a release schedule for PSN? If this isn't coming to the store I will preorder from GAME, but that is a last resort as I really dislike using that company for anything.

Freeman76

For anyone interested I spoke to someone at GAME and these are in stock now to be shipped for the 13th. Ordered and awaiting :)

Feep

Banned
GotY 2014 for me. I hope Road of Gehenna is included, because those puzzles were awesome and challenging.

Tagyhag

This game is so good, SO GOOD, as someone who's not a huge fan of puzzle games, I thoroughly enjoyed this one.

That’s not to say the performance is horrible, but when the game isn’t running at 60fps, it’s stuttering, or when taking turns random slowdown can happen.

This is really weird though, you could get 60 locked on a toaster, I wonder what happened.

Fortunately, you don't need 60fps for this game but hopefully the stuttering isn't annoying.

Top Bottom