• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Talos Principle PS4 Review thread (releases Oct. 13)

Tizoc

ZTGD Review is up.
Glad to see positive reviews for it, don't shy away from this game PS4GAF, it's a great and interesting puzzle game with first and third person view option modes

Plus it has a slick cover that just begs people to know what the game is about
1Kt3LL2.jpg

(Image courtesy of member Ryo Hazuki)

Mock and Lock if old :X

5amshift

Banned
Been playing this on PS4 for the past week and have been liking it. The puzzles are getting insanely challenging. Pretty sure I had to look up more than what I've actually done myself.

nib95

Banned
I'd never even heard of this before. Awesome cover art and very good reviews. Will keep my eyes peeled on this one.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Not surprising. Was a critical darling on PC as well, and know that some people in the SteamGAF thread have a lot of praise for the game.

NIN90

You PS4 guys really have something special coming your way here. One of my favorite games of the last few years.

Aces&Eights

Dang, first time a LetsPlay screws me. I watched a full walkthough months ago thinking I'd never get to play it.

Damn my impatience.

KodaRuss

Boxart looks cool, dont know much about the game. I have a hell of a backlog right now so I will have to keep my eye on it.

Reviews look good!

Shredderi

Game looks interesting and gorgeous visually but I can't stand puzzle games :-/

I was wondering when the time would come that I'd see our taste in games differ. So people who have played the game, are the puzzles good or does it have an interesting narrative or what?

Tizoc

Game looks interesting and gorgeous visually but I can't stand puzzle games :-/

Here's the thing about puzzles: When you solve them you feel like a badass, moreso if you figure it out yourself. Apply that to this game and you'll have a blast.

Extremely happy seeing high reviews for this game. With sooo many games coming out, I have narrowed down my list of games for christmas gifts and this is one of them.

I can't wait! Will be picking up The Uncharted Collection and Tales of Zesteria. I'm eyeing that Hero Dragon Quest game as well. My wallet is really tearing up about now.

Begaria

I was wondering when the time would come that I'd see our taste in games differ. So people who have played the game, are the puzzles good or does it have an interesting narrative or what?

I've completed the game 100% on PC (minus the expansion). It's both. The puzzles are damn good, and can get pretty damn hard. The narrative is pretty good and challenges thoughts on what it means to exist and what defines humanity.

I didn't know it was getting a physical release. That's pretty cool.

Fermbiz

Gold Member
I played it on Pc, put in 30+ hours and was about 65% done... Never finished though. I've been waiting months for the PS4 version, can't wait!

Begaria

It took me about 30 hours to beat the game with a little bit of help from youtube walkthroughs for some of the puzzles. This game has a good length to it, and that time I posted doesn't include whatever the expansion adds on.

Tizoc

Looks great, but I'm not paying more than $20 for a puzzle game.

Are you gonna buy Last Guardian for $20 too? :p
This game's graphics make it well worth the price, plus it comes with its expansion, and the game has multiple endings, there are over 20 puzzle rooms and a few interesting collectables to find.

... and can get pretty damn hard.

Yup. I'm totally stuck right now. Cant remember the name of the level. I got stuck at the end of a long play session and thought 'come back tomorrow and figure it out, your mind is just tired', NOPE, been back twice and cannot figure the fucker out. Love it.

Hoje0308

Banned
Are you gonna buy Last Guardian for $20 too? :p
This game's graphics make it well worth the price, plus it comes with its expansion, and the game has multiple endings, there are over 20 puzzle rooms and a few interesting collectables to find.

Puzzle games always wear thin on me. Pretty graphics won't change that and multiple endings aren't exactly a carrot on a stick for a guy that will most likely lose interest before he's ever finished.

And Ueda can put as many puzzles as he wants into TLG, as his games are uniquely interesting and full of feels.

Odrion

Banned
Puzzle games always wear thin on me. Pretty graphics won't change that and multiple endings aren't exactly a carrot on a stick for a guy that will most likely lose interest before he's ever finished.

And Ueda can put as many puzzles as he wants into TLG, as his games are uniquely interesting and full of feels.

I feel the same way as you do about the puzzle genre.

Talos Principle is worth $60. Trust me.

Shredderi

I've completed the game 100% on PC (minus the expansion). It's both. The puzzles are damn good, and can get pretty damn hard. The narrative is pretty good and challenges thoughts on what it means to exist and what defines humanity.

I didn't know it was getting a physical release. That's pretty cool.

Nice. Have this on my steam wishlist and will bite for sure when I can afford it (I want a job so I can buy more stuff ;__;)

Top Bottom