• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Werewolf |OT| Was it all just a Dream?

kingkitty

General Question Time:

- Why was Ultron attacked N1? I have asked this before, but nobody seemed to even give a thought to it. Why would the wolves kill Ultron N1, when he was almost lynched D1? Why do quite many people seem to think, that the wolves tried to kill Ultron? This is a worrying progress of events.
It's nonsensical to think that Ultorn was attacked by Scums N1, or otherwise we have an really stupid Scum team.

- Why is it, that after I presented my theory about what happened in N1/N2, so many people have tried their best to outright ignore it? Timeaisis completely ignored my theory of N1, when he wrote all of his different possibilities, so much so, that I had to add it in a post after his. Kingkitty too seemed to ignore it in one of his later posts. I don't like to be ignored :<.

- In general: If so many people think Zipped is most likely town, why are so many trying to turbo turbo him? Personally, I'm not sure what to think about Zipped, but I do think this is a very easy way for Scums to look contributive right now.

At the very least, think about this question during the next night, if not today.

So I meant to answer these questions that you posted in the last day phase, but then I got lazy. Here are my thoughts now though.

1. On the surface, it doesn't make a lot of sense for scum to attack Ultron. He was part of the conversation of "testing" the sleepwalkers. With the peculiar, early claim by Ultron, accompanied by the me too claim by Xam, there's enough doubt to fester in the townie brain. So why would scum try to test the sleepwalker claim themselves? Perhaps scum were very suspicious of Ultron, but still, there was a chance the town would lynch Ultron in the future. Why waste a Day 1 night kill on him?

As I mentioned in an earlier post in Day 3, it could be an SK/vig instead who felt suspicious about Ultron, for some reason or another.

2. I didn't mean to look like I was completely ignoring your thoughts. I just wanted to type my own take on the Night 2 situation. I think it's easier for me to visualize and make sense of what happened when I type it on my own.

3. The deep frying of Zipped could have easily been voted for by a few wolves, chilling within the glob of townies. Especially when there seems to be a strong majority who want Zipped's head. If there are people who thought Zipped was townie, and they still were okay with him being turboed, then I guess it's because they think it's fine for dead weight or anti-town townies to get lynched. Dead weight townies could be townies who don't bother to post much at all, and the posts they do make aren't worth a penny. Anti-town townies are townies who strongly act against the intention of the town...but still have a good chance of being a townie. For some, Zipped may have been in the latter. His threat (which was a bluff) to unveil a PR if he got 11 votes looks pretty anti-town from the surface. Another person who might fit the mold (for some people) is Xam. A person (at least I think) who is a townie who acts in an untownie fashion. I'm not absolutely opposed to taking out dead weight, or anti-town townies if there's absolutely no better alternative, and we're still in the early stage. But I think we're past (or at least nearing the end) of the early stage.

For what it's worth, my belly beliefs did not peg Zipped as most likely town. With how he decided to unveil himself, with his odd condition (that he had to roleclaim on Day 3 or lose his ability), or that his early role claim was uncalled for and it made him less useful. Admittedly some of my reasoning could overlap with people who peg Zipped as simply an anti-town townie.

Looking at his real role, you can see the bold play he was probably trying to do. He was trying to lure in a scum attack during the night. Now would that have actually happened? If Zipped barely survived his attempted lynching, would scum even bother with a night kill? Ehhh. Personally I would have only claimed if I actually got attacked and lost my bulletproof status. In fact, when Zipped died and I saw that he was a one-time bulletproof, I wondered if in fact he did get attacked during Night 2. This could have spurred him to role claim early. But then I figured Zipped would have mentioned somewhere about being attacked if that was true. Anyways, if Zipped's plan worked, it might have been a bold success. Maybe.

As I mentioned before, Zipped threatened to unleash the name of a PR if he got 11 votes. It looked pretty anti-town, although I tried to rationalize how this play could be a town move. If the PR name was scum related, then scum might try to avoid reaching 11 votes, or try to turbo. If scum knows he PR is not scum related, then they might try to reach 11 votes. Although I wouldn't have been surprised me if this play was just a last chance desperation scum move. But in the end Zipped didn't have any intention of unleashing a name, and was trying to catch some scum behavior.

brb writing another post.

Honestly bothers me how willing people are to label someone as anti-townie for having a different playstyle or acting aggressive or totally opposite from the rest of the town

Anther thing to add- whenever people say they were just following the rest of town in a lynch, it's often really not so filled with town and very little scum as people imagine. The leaders of the bandwagon are really sometimes more suspect

kingkitty

Honestly bothers me how willing people are to label someone as anti-townie for having a different playstyle or acting aggressive or totally opposite from the rest of the town

Anther thing to add- whenever people say they were just following the rest of town in a lynch, it's often really not so filled with town and very little scum as people imagine. The leaders of the bandwagon are really sometimes more suspect

I don't think the label should be easily applied to every behavior. But I don't think it's an injustice to say Zipped's bluff/threat could be viewed as anti-town from the surface. Especially if he actually did intend to unleash the name of that PR once 11 votes were reached.

Sawneeks

Banned
Hey guys I apologize for not getting back to you all earlier but I've had to deal with a sudden family emergency and because of that I won't be able to catch up today. If everything works out I should be up-to-date by tomorrow. Sorry guys. :(

batsnacks

I think it's best to have 2 lynch candidates today so we can learn more from votes.

Vote: Timeaisis

Hasn't taken many firm stances this game. His day 1 voting analysis, and critical analysis of my claim, were good and memorable but I think there should be stronger conclusions to go with the analysis posts. I feel like I am noticing a pattern where he will analyze all the possibilities but give particular emphasis to the certain things e.g. when he was analyzing my claim there was a lot of emphasis given on the possibility of me lying. It looks like there's an agenda being pushed.

Also now that I've noticed it I un-notice him saying this before I claimed the ultron save:
He's implying we could indeed have a doctor that successfully protected someone else. The wolf death is likely a town vig.

I also like the idea of voting flux. I don't understand most of his perspectives on the game so far, so it looks like he's pushing a separate agenda.

I would also probably vote Quantum. Zipped was pretty much a certain lynch yesterday so the mini-quantum wagon that briefly happened would have been a great opportunity for wolf-quantum's wolf-buddies to distance themselves from him by voting him.

If I'm being flippant about alignments, it's only because I'm being honest about the nature of this game. We're just chasing shadows until we flip a confirmed wolf with some real activity to dig into. I'll be the first to admit I've been doing a terrible job thus far, but this game has remained far murkier than my previous two and I'm having a hard time adapting.

For whatever my voice is worth:

VOTE: Timeaisis

Nothing's changed in my opinion on the Time front. The same red flags keep popping up. He perked up a bit in activity yesterday, but that was only after he had some heat on him.

CzarTim

The more I think about it, the more I think our second kill being town aligned is unlikely. Given our win condition especially. We might have a sk that wins for killing scum though.

For a game this size, I expect at least two or three neutrals.

Also wrt crimson, he's certainly back on my radar, but I personally feel like we should reexamine the issue two days before LYLO unless there is more evidence to suggest he's scum. It is weird he wasn't targeted last night, but it's not exactly a smoking gun considering we don't have the full picture (killer might have been roleblocked or something). Two days before LYLO, if he's still here, we can discuss him deputizing a more trusted townie and flipping him as a precaution.

Like I said earlier, I'm not sure if I would even sweat the double vote thing as scum. Drop being confirmed town was much more dangerous.

CzarTim

If I'm being flippant about alignments, it's only because I'm being honest about the nature of this game. We're just chasing shadows until we flip a confirmed wolf with some real activity to dig into. I'll be the first to admit I've been doing a terrible job thus far, but this game has remained far murkier than my previous two and I'm having a hard time adapting.

For whatever my voice is worth:

VOTE: Timeaisis

Nothing's changed in my opinion on the Time front. The same red flags keep popping up. He perked up a bit in activity yesterday, but that was only after he had some heat on him.
I mean I'm still on the fence slot Time, but at least he's making an effort here. Even if you are town, we won't be missing much with you gone. Can you at least give us your top town and scum outside of Time?

kingkitty

this post is sponsored by Mike's Hard Lemonade

anyways, here's a read

Flux:
Most noticeable thing about Flux is his continuous finger poking at Swamped, Burb, and batsnacks. Likes to post suggestions that Swamped and batsnacks are in cahoots. Then recently had an argument about Burb's connection with batsnacks over the timing of a similar scum trap play. Reading Day 3, Flux was a negative nancy. Scumbros might try to look like a frustrated townie by pointing out how fucked things are, how town is getting screwed, and how we gotta try harder to win etc etc. I don't believe Flux went as far as to say "town is fucked" but he didn't hide his frustration. Was it genuine frustration, or "look at how much I want town to win, how could i be scum" frustration? I dunno. That alone is not enough for me to super brand Flux as scum. I mean, wasn't that Darryl's thing? Showing frustration? And it wasn't like Day 3 didn't call for some frustration. But Flux's negative nancyness was noticeable enough that I felt it was worthwhile to point out.

batsnacks originally pointed out the negative nancy vibe in his vote against Flux. This, as well as Flux's constant finger jabs gives me the vibe that batsnacks and Flux don't share bunk beds on the scum train. Flux might not share bunk beds with Xam, Swamped, or Burb either. As I've discussed in some of my other posts about the idea of calculated scum jabs, sometimes it might be necessary to show slight friction between members in order to avoid the floating scum glitter of collusion and betrayal. But Flux has been showing some consistent finger pointing at these individuals. To the point where I think it goes beyond any tactical need for scum to do. No longer is it just a friendly scum jab, it's a "you might actually convince town to lynch me" jabbin'. And that type of jabbin' is usually found only in situations where one scumbro must sacrifice his/her life by getting thrown under a scumbus. He has also shown suspicion against Crimson and Rats, leaving a vote on the latter. Honestly, he kinda eye poked quite a few people. But anyways, if Flux did flip scum, I would feel a little better about batsnacks, Burb, Rats and probably Swamped. If any of these people flipped scum, I would feel a little better about Flux.

An odd moment from Flux was his worry about the Rats bandwagon that was slightly growing towards the end of Day 3. And then when Day 4 started, he quickly joined a Rats vote. Although he later gave a reasoning for his Rats vote. Hyper and then later Swamped (and maybe someone else that I skipped over by accident) pointed this odd moment out. Flux then replied that while he found the bandwagon "weird", he didn't think much about Rats until recently, and that "opinions can change over night".

Perhaps Flux's opinion might have changed over night. But I still found the moment to be a little weird, at least in the way Flux's vote for Rats was put down. In our current day phase, Hyper starts the vote against Rats by saying he "had a look at the records yesterday". He didn't give any more information on this, but he eventually did over 15 minutes later. Squished between Hyper's initial vote, and his later post, is Flux's vote for Rats. It comes with the ominous word "threat". Before this vote, it didn't seem like he gave off any signals that he would vote for Rats. And the last time he mentioned Rat's name was how he didn't like the Rats bandwagon on Day 3. Around 11 hours later Flux finally gave a reason post of his own for why he felt Rats was a threat. Why didn't he elaborate sooner (unless he did and I missed it, which is always possible)? Flux never discussed how his mind changed over night with his initial vote. If Flux is scum, then maybe he saw a potential bandwagon that might get juicy, and didn't care that the initial Day 4 vote had only one line of reasoning (which was later elaborated upon within 15 minutes).

To be honest, Flux is giving me very minor, very slight trouble vibes. I can't place him as a townie, yet. He's not my top suspect (that's probably Time...for now) and he's not someone I'm super interested in tunneling to death for Day 4. But I intend to keep an eye on him, for now.

I'll be back within 14 hours with some reads, and other stuff. I'll probably give reads on Rats, Swamped, Quantum and maybe Palmer. If there's anyone else you want me to give my thoughts on, feel free to ask.

TOWN

Swamped - She's made a lot of good contributions that I agree with. Has been consistently suspicious of Time, which seems pretty Town to me at this point.

kingkitty - He's made some really detailed posts with good analysis and I find myself agreeing with just about everything he says.

batsnacks - I've gone back and forth on bat, and while I don't always agree with him, I get the sense he has noble intentions.

WILDCARD TOWN

Xam - Hasn't been an enormous boon for Town (pot, meet kettle) but I agree with the assessment that scum partners would have put a leash on him a long time ago.

SCUM

Timeaisis - For reasons I've explained.

Hyperactivity - I had a very weak scum read on his predecessor, and Hyper is only making it worse for himself. Strongly trying to push narratives. Almost feels like he's cleaning up after GLT's mess instead of letting his input speak for itself.

Makai - He's playing the belligerent Townie while not contributing a whole hell of a lot. I do love the classics.

WILDCARD SCUM

ultron - I backed off ultron insofar as testing his claim is concerned, but nothing he's done has made him look very Town to me. He's had a couple "the gentlemen doth protest too much" moments that always grab my attention. Darryl warned about him using his claim to hide in plain sight, and following Darryl's lead has never steered me wrong.

I'm also a little iffy on Flux, but that could be personal bias talking. He's suddenly become extremely certain about me. Tim mentioned earlier in the game that scum are prone to hunting SKs, and that's exactly what Flux has accused me of. Perhaps he really does think I'm a threat, but that doesn't mean he's Town.

FluxWaveZ

this post is sponsored by Mike's Hard Lemonade

anyways, here's a read

Ooh, neat. Nice analysis and everything, but there's something you're missing.

I'm also a little iffy on Flux, but that could be personal bias talking. He's suddenly become extremely certain about me. Tim mentioned earlier in the game that scum are prone to hunting SKs, and that's exactly what Flux has accused me of. Perhaps he really does think I'm a threat, but that doesn't mean he's Town.

You've basically confirmed it, thanks. You're essentially saying that, "No matter what alignment I flip as—hey, maybe even Serial Killer—that still doesn't mean Flux is Town!"

Why are you specifically set on the SK point again when I'm leaning more towards you being a wolf? And what would Town ever be prone to say something like this? "Even if he thinks I'm a Wolf, that doesn't mean he's Town!" Imagine if people actually used this argument to refute someone who was hunting for wolves? Yet, that's what you're doing here.

You're trying to deflect the attention on me to take it away from you, and yet I at least think you've pretty much confirmed it by doing so.

If I do get lynched today, take a good look at Hyper or Flux after I flip Town. I'm an easy target, and wolves smell blood in the water.

It's neat how you feel the need to make your dying remark when we're not close to the deadline or to a majority.

This just popped into my head while I'm trying to get to sleep so I won't dig up the posts right now, but it just occurred to me that Makai seems to have an obsession with outing Town roles. What's up with that?

Burbeting

Banned
Here are my updated reads on living players.

01 [m] CrimsonFist – I have talked about him a lot today, huh. He had posted some good insight in Day 1, but now he has been just… there, not doing much to the game. Flying under the radar, and most of all, under everyone’s suspicion, due to obtaining the sheriff status. I have gone through today in many posts, why I think him still being alive is very suspicious, and I warrants staying wary of him. Posts wise, he has not said anything inherently suspicious, but his posts in general have been a bit on the safe-side. – SOME SCUM VIBES

02 [m] Xamtheking – I feel that I should trust him, like I said in my D2 begin reads. It’s just that he has been playing quite anti-town so far, which is no good. The point about him using directly a word that was used in the only surely flipped sleepwalker so far (Even though a scum one), makes me think, that he is telling the truth. Unless Ultron wants to tell us, that the word was not used in his role. …TOWN?

04 [m] Lollipop Dave – Dave has… disappeared from the face of the earth after the Baker business of D2. There are RL reasons for it, so it’s okay. But I still hope he begins to bring more of his insight, as the only things that are going for him right now are the weird baker business, and Makai making his soft claim D1, neither of them helping on my stance about him. – NEUTRAL, NEED MORE POSTS

05 [m] FluxWaveZ – He has been really, really arrogant in this game. Like, arrogant to the point that it makes me a bit frustrated, even though I understand that it’s his playstyle. His play reminds of how Darryl plays, just that Flux makes much longer posts, than what Darryl does. He seems to jump on people quite aggressively, and then really hold on them. So far every target he has been hunting has been either town, or most likely town (Batsnacks). I think it’s also interesting, that whenever he is accused, he somehow turns very defensive in his posts, or so I at least feel. If he is town, why the need to get so aggressive…? - NEUTRAL

06 [m] CzarTim – So far I have a good feeling about CzarTim. He seems to have been more active participant in the game after my original assessment of him I wrote during N1. He has been a much more driving force to the game, which has made me feel good about him. However, I do feel that his posts have been a bit safe, and I feel that if there is a “scum town leader”, he would be a good nominee for that. Also his jumping between votes was odd yesterday, although now we know that he was trying to save town. – TOWN, BUT RED FLAGS

08 [m] RobotNinjaHornets -> Replaced by Trigger - One of the players, who just... are there. Both RNG and Trigger have made some posts, but somehow I just can't find anything to take a firm grasp on, a problem I have with few other players. Problematic... - ...NEUTRAL/NO READ

09 [m] ultron87 – Ultron is the first sleepwalker-claimer. He was also seemingly targeted by someone during first night, if Batsnacks is telling the complete truth. But the question is… who? The Scum? Why would they try to kill Ultron, who was almost lynched D1? There is something funny going on with Ultron, but I just can’t pinpoint what it is. He has mostly disappeared from the game in general after D1, it’s almost like he trusts that people will keep trusting him. I still try to think that he is town, but I’m not really sure. One thing I do think, is that Bats should have definitely revived Drop over Ultron, that’s for sure. – TOWN…? NOT QUITE SURE

11 [f] StarSketch -> Replaced by Sawneeks – Starsketch did not talk that much, and just gave me the feeling that she was disinterested in the game. Swamped said that she looked like frustrated town, but I don’t know. She has been replaced by Sawneeks now, who said that she would return today to post. I’m waiting for it, but right now I have no good picture of Sawneeks, and I just get the feeling that she was laying low. - BLENDER

12 [m] Septimus Prime – He has been quite silent, and making safe posts all around. He certainly keeps flying under my radar, I keep forgetting that Septimus is even in this game, which is quite worrying, as he is not the lowest poster of the game by any means. Also one thing I noticed, is that brings up the idea of a Serial Killer in almost his first gamepost, and has today began to talk about the Serial Killer a lot today, suggesting the idea that Rats is one. I don’t know… somehow I get the feeling, that he might be hiding something… - BLENDER, POSSIBLE SK…?

13 [m] QuantumBro – After my N1 reads, not much has changed. Has not written much, but what he has, has been okay insight, I guess. The yesterday semi-rolefishing was something, that did caught my eye. I’m still waiting for you explanation on it. NO READ/NEUTRAL, BUT HUGE RED FLAGS

14 [m] Timeaisis – Time is one of the players who make me frustrated. He posts reasonable amounts, but at the same time, I feel that he just… is there, sometimes. It’s annoying, I just can’t get a good grasp at him, which is always a worrying sight. He has been very unmemorable in general, and he did try to start the bandwagon in D2, which he then denied to “not remember”, other people called him out of it. I’m also worried that he kept “forgetting” the existence of a Strongman, even after I directly reminded him. Something bothers me, but I’m not sure what. – SLIGHT SCUM ALIGNMENT

15 [m] GreatLord Tiger -> Replaced by Hyperactivity – I have detailed about my suspicions on GLT so far. I’m not sure if those point out to a frustrated townie like Hyper says. However, Hyper’s entrance to the game has not exactly made me confident so far. His first reaction was to both only look at the end vote results of every day, and mostly ignore the context of the end of days, which I think is very dangerous mindset. He also seems to be fixated somehow in telling us, that our suspicions of GLT were stupid, and that everyone who voted on him D3 were suspicious. I don’t know if he has a bad case of confirmation bias, but his first posts in this game have not made me feel better about him. However, he did just only now really enter the game well, so I want to give him a benefit of doubt. What is odd too though, it hat he has posted after I claimed, but didn’t mention the claim at all, even though he had told me before the claim that he thinks I’m suspicious. – NEUTRAL…? SLIGHT SCUM ALIGMENT?

17 [m] El Topo -> Replaced by Burbeting – That’s me.

19 [m] Makai – Oh Makai, Makai. During the first day he was really silent and blending, bar from his soft claim on Lollipop Dave, which I’m pretty sure I’m not the only one who thought that meant Lovers or Masons, at least. But when I voyeured Makai first night, no one visited him, not even though Scums would definitely benefit from getting a lovers kill during the first night. When I and few others pressed Makai and Dave on the issue, Makai got quite angry and aggressive, which could be because he thought we were role fishing for Baker, but did he really believe, that Baker exists? It felt quite unbelievable for Palmer to add role like that then, and it feels like that now.
From there, Makai has not made me feel much better. Like Rats pointed out, he has been doing some rolefishing, especially that ask for Vigilante to claim was just down-right odd. Contrasting this is the fact that he was on Cabot’s, mine and Zippedpinheads throats.
Makai also gets me nervous for the fact that in D3, the scums would have benefitted from the narrative that Cabot protected someone N1. This would have possibly given Makai and Dave an alibi, if the narrative would have sticked that Cabot protected them.
Finally, Makai’s reaction today to my claim. His first reaction was just “Great, I believe you and Batsnacks!”, it came immediately, and so fast, it makes me a bit nervous, especially because I have done the exactly same thing as a scum player in the past. The Scum would easily write a post like that instantly after seeing a claim, in hopes to getting to the good sides of confirmed town. At least the reactions of others were bit more varied, and not as 100% trusting as Makai was. Part of good town is healthy suspicion to everything.
So yeah. Multiple things bother me in Makai at the moment. - …SCUM…?

20 [m] batsnacks – Most likely Witch, just like he claims. His claim fits with my N2 results of voyeuring Cabot, and I don’t understand why he would have told out loud that he killed Cabot N2, if he was Scum. However, I do think that his Ultron-save over Drop was just really dumb move, and I think it’s bit odd, that he ignored my claim in his newest posts. Still, I have no reason to doubt him. - TOWN

23 [m] Rats Off To Ya – A low poster, although not the lowest. Tim and Fluxwave have made points about him, and I mostly agree with them. He has been blending lots, and has not seemed to really care who we lynch, just that someone flips. This was pretty close to how Terrabyte acted at the end of D1, and behold, he was a scum. Rats also seems to like make comments about vig and sk, and something in those comments bother, but I really can’t say what. However, at the same time, I’m not sure, if he is my major scum target, but I wouldn’t mind lynching him today. – ALIGNS TO SCUM, POSSIBLE SK CANDIDATE..?

25 [f] Swamped – Swamped bothers me, and what is infuriating, is that I can’t pinpoint what it is. She makes posts, they have insight in them… yet even then I really can’t form any sort of solid read about her. It’s like she just is there. At one hand, my head tells me, that she should be town, but my gut tells me that there is something really wrong with her. I know this read is annoying, and Swamped can’t really answer to it, but right now I have to say that she is at least Neutral, might bump into slight scum status. – NEUTRAL, RED FLAGS

26 [m] kingkitty – My stance on Kingkitty has been shifting throughout the game. At first assessment, I had scum-vibes from him, but then he began to contribute by making some good reads, which made me feel much better about him. But now… it’s D4, and all he has been doing for quite a long time is drop in, write few reads, and then disappear off the face of earth again. I mean, reads are good, as I have said, but they do also give Scum a good smokescreen to look contributive, like Timeaisis pointed out way back in Day 2. He has made few other posts too, but in general he has been a very passive participant in the game, and by just writing reads, and nothing else, there is not much to really take grasp on him. Also, his reads seem very… safe. That’s just my gut feeling though, but I have started to feel badly about Kingkitty again. - ….SCUM?

28 [m] Boo Boo 'n – Most of Boo Boo’s posts are one liners, or very short. He did post a list of players, and his thoughts on them… but left half of the players uncommented, and stated “there must be wolves in half of these players.” Well no surprise there, Sherlock. I just don’t get the feeling that Boo Boo has done anything awfully contributive so far, although he did post his Top Scum today, which was good at least. But other than that, he blends a lot, and flies under my radar, which is always very worrying. - BLENDER

29 [m] Fireblend – I’m sorry Fire! I know you have given quite a lot insight in your posts, which you even pointed out yesterday. It’s just that even those posts feel somehow really bland and neutral, I always feel that you are trying to play it safe. There was also the fact that you instantly lined on the narrative that Cabot had protected someone during N1, and you seemed to ignore the possibility of a Strongman even after I pointed it out. Also the fact that you seemed to take it a bit too well that I think bit qarily of you is odd, like Boo Boo pointed out. Something about Fireblend bothers me. – NEUTRAL/SLIGHT SCUM LINING

TL;DR

Town Vibes: Batsnacks, Xamtheking
Slight Town Vibes: CzarTim, Ultron,

Neutral: FluxWave, QuantumBro, Lollipop Dave, Swamped, Trigger
Blender: Sawneeks, Boo Boo, Septimus Prime (possible SK?),

Slight Scum Vibes: CrimsonFist, Fireblend, Hyperactivity, Rats (possible sk?), Timeaisis
Scum Vibes: Makai, Kingkitty,

With so many players still left, there is still too much players in Neurtal, Blender and Slight Scum Vibe-groups. At this point I have worst feeling about Makai and Kingkitty. Out of the Slight Scum ones, I feel worst about Crimson, but the others are not far behind.

Will post more later, but this how I feel right now.

FluxWaveZ

05 [m] FluxWaveZ – He has been really, really arrogant in this game. Like, arrogant to the point that it makes me a bit frustrated, even though I understand that it’s his playstyle. His play reminds of how Darryl plays, just that Flux makes much longer posts, than what Darryl does. He seems to jump on people quite aggressively, and then really hold on them. So far every target he has been hunting has been either town, or most likely town (Batsnacks). I think it’s also interesting, that whenever he is accused, he somehow turns very defensive in his posts, or so I at least feel. If he is town, why the need to get so aggressive…? - NEUTRAL

Heh, "that's his playstyle," huh.

All I'll say is that I learned from the "best."

Burbeting

Banned
Heh, "that's his playstyle," huh.

All I'll say is that I learned from the "best."

It's my assumption based on that you were quite aggressive in Werewolf One too, and then tried to restrain yourself in D1 of this game, but then decided to revert back to how you played in the first game.

FluxWaveZ

It's my assumption based on that you were quite aggressive in Werewolf One too, and then tried to restrain yourself in D1 of this game, but then decided to revert back to how you played in the first game.

Kinda, but not quite.

In Game 1, it was more about being assertive, defensive, and reasonable, while always stating exactly what I thought. That didn't really work out, obviously, since on N1 I was literally about to be killed by the serial killer and the wolves at the same time. On D2, I would probably have been lynched, or one of the top targets.

In Game 2 D1, I decided to step back and think about how I wanted to change my approach. I tried to make it more about responding when addressed, with the occasional sarcastic remark.

Around the mid-point of Game 2 D2 and in D3 is when I made it mostly about assuming everyone around me is an enemy, full-blown sarcasm, unreasonable arguments, relentless and unreasonable doubt, and mocking other people at any chance I could. It became more about me saying things I actually don't think, or making arguments that are the opposite of what I believe.

"Playstyle" is a funny thing.

CzarTim

yo Flux, if you were targeted by sk and scum on the same night, that means you were doing something right. Why do you keep acting like that was a bad thing?

23 [m] Rats Off To Ya – A low poster, although not the lowest. Tim and Fluxwave have made points about him, and I mostly agree with them. He has been blending lots, and has not seemed to really care who we lynch, just that someone flips. This was pretty close to how Terrabyte acted at the end of D1, and behold, he was a scum. Rats also seems to like make comments about vig and sk, and something in those comments bother, but I really can’t say what. However, at the same time, I’m not sure, if he is my major scum target, but I wouldn’t mind lynching him today. – ALIGNS TO SCUM, POSSIBLE SK CANDIDATE..?

Not sure I agree with the assessment that I "like to make comments about vig and sk." I've mentioned a SK exactly twice in this game. The first time was immediately after a scum night kill. The second was in direct response to an accusation about me.

One-shot vigilante helps us by claiming.

I meant a one-shot vigilante who has already used their power. Would help us piece together the puzzle.

Not as much as it helps scum. Knowing who a Vig targeted doesn't tell us who is scum. Meanwhile, a claim like that gives the wolves a more complete picture of the game than we have, and it also informs them that they no longer have a Vig to worry about.

Another post of Makai's that bothered me at the time:

No last-minute bullshit. If there's going to be a third role reveal, you better do it now.

Egging on another role claim, just 'cuz.

Then there was the whole Dave ordeal. I wonder if Makai ever actually believed that Baker stuff, or if he was just trying to get a reaction (and some kind of claim) out of Dave.

If you NK a killing role, does the role targeted successfully kill his own target? E.x. if person x targets person y and person y targets person z, do both person y and z die?

If you NK a killing role, does the role targeted successfully kill his own target? E.x. if person x targets person y and person y targets person z, do both person y and z die?

Yes

Hey, I'll try to be active today, but I can't promise. I'll be checking up the thread for sure though

err an x-shot vig should absolutely claim if they are out of bullets. We'd absolutely need that info.

I don't agree with that. As I've said, I think claims of any kind should only happen if they help us find scum.

Depends on the moderator. Kills often resolve simultaneously, but sometimes one killing action will have priority over another.

Burbeting

Banned
err an x-shot vig should absolutely claim if they are out of bullets. We'd absolutely need that info.

Makai's claim didn't explicitly say about the X-shots, which is why it struck odd to me. Obviously if vig is out of bullets, then they are fine to claim, so we get more viable info.

Makai

Not as much as it helps scum. Knowing who a Vig targeted doesn't tell us who is scum. Meanwhile, a claim like that gives the wolves a more complete picture of the game than we have, and it also informs them that they no longer have a Vig to worry about.
So was Burb wrong in claiming? We are now able to put some of the pieces together and a one-shot vigilante has all the reason in the world to claim.

Egging on another role claim, just 'cuz.
My experience with Mafia is lynch targets wait until the last minute and claim, then Town scrambles to find a new target and they lynch some random guy over some bullshit. Zipped's claim sounded like complete bullshit and I was ready to lynch him well in advance. I gave him an oppotunity to cut the crap and give us his real role. I would have forgiven him if he said he was bulletproof and explained the gambit he was going for. But no, he literally waited until the last second and hammered himself. Complete waste of a power role.

CzarTim

Town:

Batsnacks & Burb - I trust their claims and was leaning town on them anyway.
Xamtheking - I believe his claim and TB's vote makes me think not scum.
Swamped - I am confident this is town Swamped. She hasn't been as active as I'd like, but I trust her.

Slight Town:
Ultron - I agree with Burb's assessment here.

Neutral:
QuantumBro, Boo Boo, Trigger, Saw, & Lollipop Dave - Far too many ghosts for this point in the game.
CrimsonFist - Not ready to call him scum, but I do agree with Burb that he has been floating by since day one.
Hyperactivity - I pretty much disagree with everything Hyper has said thus far and I think the logic behind his analysis is faulty. Voting is a useful additive to put on a case, not a code needing to be cracked.
Makai - I said earlier that I find Mak impossible to read, and I do, but something in my gut says he is town this game. I am not confident in this read, hence why he's in this section, but there are people I'd much rather see flip.
Kitty - I don't think he's been overly scummy, but as I said yesterday, scum could just as easily make the posts he has. Like Mak though, there are others I'd rather see flip.

Slight Scum:
Fireblend - For blending.
Timeaisis - I don't have the strongest vibes on him, but I could see him flipping scum.
FluxWave - I could see his attitude being scum guilt.

Scum:
Rats - For reasons stated
Septimus - He wasn't even on my radar before today, but reading through his posts gave bad vibes.

Timeaisis

Burb, I know you are really concerned about my lack of acknowledgement of your strongman argument and how it's suspect, but...

You seen to be the only one to ever mentioned it before your role reveal, as far as I can tell. I remember seeing your mention of it and honestly thought nothing of it as a possibility. It's my mistake, clearly, but you are interpreting it as something I did for nefarious reasons when in reality I just didn't put any stock in the idea before. And I was wrong about it.

Regarding today, I'm willing to vote Rats, Crimson and Makai. I think a decent case has been made for Rats, but it's not great. Crimson is the big what if for me. I don't think he's scum, but if he is its quite the game changer.

There are enough weird things around Crimson that makes me suspect him, but not a lot that he's done. Mostly just the circumstances: that he's still alive, that he wasn't even targeted last night, that the deputy (Cabot) was killed off before he was.

Top Bottom