• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So I just gave a dude I don't know 140 euro's from the cash register

Status
Not open for further replies.
MMaRsu said:
What the fuck am I doing.. I don't know. This guy walks in, seems very trustworthy. He's a muslim and I know you can trust muslims.. they don't lie often and all that. So the guy owns a coffee shop in Utrecht, and the cops just stopped him for unpaid tickets up to 1200 euro's. He took all the money he had from his own ATM machine.. but he didn't have enough. If they are going to impound his car, they will find the couple of kilo's of weed he has in his car.. So he begs me to give him the money, tells me I will get it all back within an hour or so.. because his brother is already on the way.

So he gave me his personal information and all that, and I gave him the cash. I told him I really need the cash back, cause I dont give a fuck about the money but if my boss finds out about this shit I'm royally FUCKED. On one hand I'm stressing the fuck out cause I don't know if he'll be back even though he seems trustworthy and he swore on his little baby kid that he'd bring the money back + some profit for myself.

How fucked am i.

Read your PM

MMaRsu said:
Well he probably wasn't even a drug dealer to begin with now was he?
no you're right... he probably said the couple kilos of weed in his car was for personal use...

and you believed him... because he's muslim

just like you believed his address and work was real... and you believed that he'd come back with money

no yeah... and this is probably the first time he's done anything like this

Binabik15

Jibril said:
This is it guys.

If the muslim drug dealer comes back with money. You guys have to take back all the bad things the media said about Muslims. Blame terrorism on the Canadians or something. But this clears us of EVERYTHING.

SmokyDave said:
So if he doesn't come back is it all your fault?

Jibril said:
YES. And you can even blame us for Reality Tv shows.

Soooo, Jibril did 9/11, A Shot at Love AND clubbed seals.

hulot

thetrin said:
If he had given his own money, I would have been more sympathetic.

Nothing about what he did was right.
And he lent it out expecting it to be returned. In the end, OP didn't even have the money himself and had to have his mommy bail him out.

MMaRsu

Banned
hulot said:
And he lent it out expecting it to be returned. In the end, OP didn't even have the money himself and had to have his mommy bail him out.

My mommy didn't actually bring me the money, my Uncle brought MY OWN money. I don't take my wallet to work every day, there's nothing here I need to buy.

Cyan

Banned
jett said:
Legendary scammer. I bet he couldn't believe it worked.
I'm sure it works all the time. But I bet he couldn't believe someone would actually steal from the till and give it to him.

MMaRsu

Banned
shagg_187 said:
Damn, MMaRsu. Damn...

That said, any surveillance camera tapes that can be reviewed?

Yeah ofcourse. But I don't think they check it unless there's a real difference in the register. And if so I'm also on camera putting the money back into the register. Either way if they check it I'm fucked.

ArjanN

out0v0rder said:
while this may end up an being an inconvenience in this life, you will be rewarded in the next life.

I'm not sure giving money to a drug dealer counts as a good deed.

Hopefully karma will overlook your gullible-ness and reward you with something positive. I'm sure you've learned your lesson for the month.

MMaRsu said:
Adress, his name, details of his workplace etc. But then I crosschecked them later on, and the company he supposedly works at doesn't pick up, adress seems to point somewhere else. I asked him for more information like social security number etc, drivers license but they were all in his car he said. Then when I was about to go with him to his car to check it all out, he got a call and told me the cops told him to meet him at the police station so he should pay his fine there.
!!!!!!!!!!

As if everything that happened in the beginning wasn't enough, none of this worried you???

He couldn't REMEMBER his social??

feel

Something similar happened to me years ago, but for much less money. Some guy just walked in, told me his sob story, and then I gave him the money. After he left I was like.. WTF just happened?????? I never give anyone money for any reason (except for the occasional coin to a homeless guy), much less from the cash register of the place I work. Later that night I checked the security cameras and turns out the guy flinged some kind of powder at me while I wasn't looking, basically drugged me. Motherfucker, couldn't you just point a gun at me?

Xrenity

danielijohnson said:
!!!!!!!!!!

As if everything that happened in the beginning wasn't enough, none of this worried you???

:lol

I don't know about other countries, but here barely anyone knows his social sec. number.

Veidt

Blasphemer who refuses to accept bagged milk as his personal savior
Binabik15 said:
Soooo, Jibril did 9/11, A Shot at Love AND clubbed seals.
SmokyDave said:
And ripped off MMaRsu. What a shit.

Hey mang. He probably wasn't even a drug dealer! Weed is legal in Holland. He might have even been Canadian. That explains the fraudster mindset.
Now. Had I said " An alleged Muslim coffee shop owner" Then we'd have a whole different case on our hands.

Plus. Everyone knows Canadians are the real terrorists.

Woodsy

Banned
Letters said:
Something similar happened to me years ago, but for much less money. Some guy just walked in, told me his sob story, and then I gave him the money. After he left I was like.. WTF just happened?????? I never give anyone money for any reason (except for the occasional coin to a homeless guy), much less from the cash register of the place I work. Later that night I checked the security cameras and turns out the guy flinged some kind of powder at me while I wasn't looking, basically drugged me. Motherfucker, couldn't you just point a gun at me?

There used to be a "homeless" who would work near one of the on ramps by my old college and he would visibly limp up and down the rows of cars as peopl gave him a couple bucks - I never give these dudes money. Then one day I see the guy walking near campus completely fucking normal. Next time through the intersection I just gave him the finger.

MMaRsu

Banned
Problem is I'm kind of fearing for losing this job now, even though I wanted to quit as soon as my conract would let me.

taylor910

This guy I work with fell for a scam like this. Someone came in and said an employee was arrested and needed bail money. He gave it to them, like an idiot.

After he found out it was a scam he went on the local news and told his story. I was thinking "if I did something that fucking stupid I would never go on the news and tell everyone about it!"

Guess thats why he gave the person money in the first place though.

madmook said:
Goddamn it I first read it as Tom Hanks instead of thanks.

LOL I saw Tom Hanks as well and still laughed.

OP you are a good egg hopefully karma will pay you back tenfold and let you keep your job.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Xrenity said:

I don't know about other countries, but here barely anyone knows his social sec. number.

I don't know why the US (and probably other countries) uses such a cumbersome system for identifying people. Here in Sweden the identification number ("personnummer" - "personal number"), which is given to everyone when they're born, is on the form YYMMDD-NNGC. The first six digits are self-explanatory (the date of your birth); the next two are just for uniqueness; the G is odd for men and even for women; and the C is a control number. Remembering all of it is just a matter of learning the last four digits (since most people know when they were born).

Anyway, awesome thread, awesome story! Hopefully you won't get fired, though I kind of agree with those who think that you deserve to be.

Arjen

danielijohnson said:
!!!!!!!!!!

That's not so weird.
I have no idea what my social sec. number is.

Dynamic3

RoadHazard said:
I don't know why the US (and probably other countries) uses such a cumbersome system for identifying people. Here in Sweden the identification number ("personnummer" - "personal number"), which is given to everyone when they're born, is on the form YYMMDD-NNGC. The first six digits are self-explanatory (the date of your birth); the next two are just for uniqueness; the G is odd for men and even for women; and the C is a control number. Remembering all of it is just a matter of learning the last four digits (since most people know when they were born).

Anyway, awesome thread, awesome story! Hopefully you won't get fired, though I kind of agree with those who think that you deserve to be.

What happens if there are more than 100 males born on the same day?

Klyka

Banned
Btw,this could have been worse for you.

When I first saw this thread I only read "So I just gave a dude I don't know..." and immediately thought "a blowjob".

So, you actually came out of it unscathed.

Al-ibn Kermit

How. The. Fuck?

A guy that tells you he's trustworthy because he's a muslim and asks you for money to prevent him from losing his car because it was being used to mule drugs and so you throw him some cash from the fucking register right then and there?

Obviously you were being scammed but least you probably learned your 140 euro lesson. But seriously, you could have been fucked on a titanic level if something like this happened and the police find out that you were actually helping a drug dealer not get caught. Like fucked in the sense of prison-rape.

Binabik15

Jibril said:
Hey mang. He probably wasn't even a drug dealer! Weed is legal in Holland. He might have even been Canadian. That explains the fraudster mindset.
Now. Had I said " An alleged Muslim coffee shop owner" Then we'd have a whole different case on our hands.

Plus. Everyone knows Canadians are the real terrorists.

Stop lying, you even burned down Hometree! They have feelings, you know, and you destroyed their home D: Noooooooooooo.

MMaRsu said:
Problem is I'm kind of fearing for losing this job now, even though I wanted to quit as soon as my conract would let me.
Depending on how big of a dick your boss is; you may also want to fear losing your freedom. What you did was illegal.

Just something else to think about.

MMaRsu said:
Adress, his name, details of his workplace etc. But then I crosschecked them later on, and the company he supposedly works at doesn't pick up, adress seems to point somewhere else. I asked him for more information like social security number etc, drivers license but they were all in his car he said. Then when I was about to go with him to his car to check it all out, he got a call and told me the cops told him to meet him at the police station so he should pay his fine there.

6nuhqs.gif

Roughmar

Dynamic3 said:

On average 250 children are born in Sweden (~92000 each year).

That, and the fact that Y2K is not working in that system.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Dynamic3 said:

The gender digit can be any odd number, so the actual number of unique male numbers for each date is 500. Only about 110,000 people are born every year in Sweden, so that's only about 300 people every day. No risk of running out of numbers there.

However, this is actually becoming a problem anyway, because of immigration. The people who move here and become Swedish citizens also need personal numbers, so a few dates are in fact running out of available numbers. The suggested solution is to let the fifth and sixth digits not denote the day of the month anymore, but be used for uniqueness. I don't know if this has been set in action yet, but when it is we'll no longer be able to see on what day someone was born by looking at their personal number, just the year and month. Those of us who already have YYMMDD-numbers will keep them, of course.

Additional info: When someone becomes 100 years old, the '-' sign is switched to a '+' sign. So "950101-XXXX" would mean the person was born in 1995, while "950101+XXXX" would mean he/she was born in 1895.

Tenks

WTF I've had my SSN memorized since I was 15. Granted I had to for my job because they used our SSN + PIN# to log into our registers at the place I worked but come on it's kind of important information to know.

Blackface

Banned
If he uses that money to buy a knife, then stabs and kills someone, you automatically become an accessory to murder.

Good luck, your life is over Euro boy.

ArjanN said:
I'm not sure giving money to a drug dealer counts as a good deed.

I'm not sure if it matters that the person he did something nice for was a less then honest person themselves. He helped someone when they needed him. That's it. Well ... at least he though he was helping someone when they needed him. Heh.

He may have been gullible. He may have been stupid for taking the money out of the register. I don't think that should take away from his kindness though. If any of you were stuck in a situation in which you needed money, you should consider yourselves lucky to find someone willing to help in such a manner.

Dynamic3 said:

Actually, I think it has to be more than 500 for it to break down. Since the G-number is a factor as well.

00-99 for the NN, then 1, 3, 5, 7, 9 for G.

I guess if the numbers started being insufficient adding a fifth digit would allow ten times as many births.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom