• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So I just gave a dude I don't know 140 euro's from the cash register

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmokyDave

MMaRsu said:
Money is back in the register. Dude didn't come back, I got owned. Trusted a guy and gave him money that didn't belong to me and got fucked over.. Lesson learned at least.

Omg O_O @ my new tag. lol
As long as you have learned your lesson, I guess it could have been worse. It's a shame that shit like this has to happen, the world needs more people that trust strangers and less arsehole strangers that can't be trusted.

itsinmyveins

Gets to pilot the crappy patrol labors
Try to put a more positive spin on it, man; you bought a life lesson (knowledge is invaluable) and a new neogaf tag for 140 euros.

Prine

Banned
MMaRsu said:
Money is back in the register. Dude didn't come back, I got owned. Trusted a guy and gave him money that didn't belong to me and got fucked over.. Lesson learned at least.

You still have his details right? What did he give you?

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Klyka said:
Funny story from me:

We are going to fire our female employee today because she has been sleeping with a customer for a few weeks now and in the last week let him play bets for 6400€ while trying to somehow hide the missing money in the paper work.

When we confronted her she said that she believed him when he said he would pay it all back cause he "never let her down before".

*sigh*
He never let her down before because she was always getting him up.

KAOz

Short bus special
I want to know how your mom reacted when you told her why you needed your card, or cash.
Did she scold you? :D

MMaRsu said:

And it only cost you 140! Talk about a bargain.

itsinmyveins

Gets to pilot the crappy patrol labors
KAOz said:
I want to know how your mom reacted when you told her why you needed your card, or cash.
Did she scold you? :D

Nah, he told her that he needed the money to pay a car fine or they'd take his drug filled car away, lol

shuri

Banned
Your only choice of action is now OBVIOUS.

You need to threaten him that you will report him to the police! Send him a txt!

DO IT!

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
MThanded said:
He never let her down before because she was always getting him up.
MThanded_xmas.jpg

MMaRsu

Banned
Prine said:
You still have his details right? What did he give you?

Adress, his name, details of his workplace etc. But then I crosschecked them later on, and the company he supposedly works at doesn't pick up, adress seems to point somewhere else. I asked him for more information like social security number etc, drivers license but they were all in his car he said. Then when I was about to go with him to his car to check it all out, he got a call and told me the cops told him to meet him at the police station so he should pay his fine there.

Leunam

MMaRsu said:

2a7vhi9.jpg

jump for motherfuckin joy

MMaRsu said:
Adress, his name, details of his workplace etc. But then I crosschecked them later on, and the company he supposedly works at doesn't pick up, adress seems to point somewhere else. I asked him for more information like social security number etc, drivers license but they were all in his car he said. Then when I was about to go with him to his car to check it all out, he got a call and told me the cops told him to meet him at the police station so he should pay his fine there.
Probably a buddy outside watching that called when he gave a signal.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
I am astounded that someone is this dumb, or maybe not. Please tell me you were high on something.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
MMaRsu said:
Read this out loud to yourself. You gave him the money before you got the information?

MMaRsu

Banned
alr1ghtstart said:
I am astounded that someone is this dumb, or maybe not. Please tell me you were high on something.

Well I had only slept like 3 small hours due to spending the night at a girls house. Not really an excuse but I obvously wasn't thinking clearly as I should have been.

MMaRsu said:
Dude aint picking up the phone anymore. Fuck.

My own money should be here soon though. Still, fuck this shit. I know the money wasn't mine to give and yes it was a dumb fucking mistake but I tried to do a nice thing for the guy. I'm just too goddamn gullible for this shit. I can't believe I fell for this dumbass scam. I'm such an idiot.

Please make fun of me all you want, I feel bad enough already. I hope my boss doesn't fire me even though he's getting the money back.

Unless you have the money in your pocket, you're STEALING from your business. You're not just assissting the guy (which may or not be the right thing to do, depending on your slant), but you're committing a crime to do so, one that will cost you your job.

Totally reckless behaviour, you shouldn't be working a register if the thought would even cross your mind.

MThanded said:
Read this out loud to yourself. You gave him the money before you got the information?

The guy was in a rush! So you can see why he might have made mistakes with his address, phone number, and name.

His address of course
T. Hanks
4d Monet St.
Suc. Er

Damn. :lol

Klyka

Banned
MMaRsu said:
Well I had only slept like 3 small hours due to spending the night at a girls house. Not really an excuse but I obvously wasn't thinking clearly as I should have been.

haha, nice try to quickly turn a "haha you idiot" thread into "dude slept with a girl, woaaaaah" ;)

Also,that phone call he got? That was his buddy outside who saw his signal and called him. They use that to "sell" their story.

MMaRsu

Banned
Klyka said:
haha, nice try to quickly turn a "haha you idiot" thread into "dude slept with a girl, woaaaaah" ;)

Also,that phone call he got? That was his buddy outside who saw his signal and called him. They use that to "sell" their story.

Hey I'm not trying to brag here dude, that's over in the girl thread. I'm just stating what happened.

I understand it's stealing, but if the register evens out at the end of the day, what's the problem? I never steal anything. It was a really really stupid thing to do, I've learned my lesson. Just because I made a mistake I should lose my job, and never be able to work at a register again? I personally think that's a little harsh, I put my own money back in the register so it would even out at the end of the day. Some of you guys are acting like I'm the worst person in the world or something damn.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Hahaha, yeah i think you may well be losing your job. Don't they cash in at the end of the day?
Also, i reckon the tag would sound better if it were "for" or "to" the coalition...

Prine

Banned
MMaRsu said:

sucks man, unlucky. Hope the guy gets a beat down.

Nameless

You should've held on to something of his(ID card...Drivers license...Bag of weed) as collateral.

I'm curious to ask, would you have given him anything had he been an atheist?

MMaRsu

Banned
Cindres said:
Hahaha, yeah i think you may well be losing your job. Don't they cash in at the end of the day?
Also, i reckon the tag would sound better if it were "for" or "to" the coalition...

Well I do all the administration by myself every night 5 days in a row, my boss collects it in the morning. As long as the cash evens out I don't think they would even check security footage or anything.

Nameless said:
You should've held on to something of his(ID card...Drivers license...Bag of weed) as collateral.

I'm curious to ask, would you have given him anything had he been an atheist?

Still probably. I just don't know what I was thinking.

MMaRsu said:

It's fine, everyone makes a big ass mistake sometime in their lives. I still love you <3

MMaRsu said:
Some of you guys are acting like I'm the worst person in the world or something damn.
I don't think they're calling you a terrible person, rather an employee that has shown a tendency to be foolish with a businesses' money that has been left in his care. That is not a reputation you want to have.

But you know that, and I sincerely hope you still have your job next week.

Cyan

Banned
MMaRsu said:
Dude aint picking up the phone anymore. Fuck.

My own money should be here soon though. Still, fuck this shit. I know the money wasn't mine to give and yes it was a dumb fucking mistake but I tried to do a nice thing for the guy. I'm just too goddamn gullible for this shit. I can't believe I fell for this dumbass scam. I'm such an idiot.

Please make fun of me all you want, I feel bad enough already. I hope my boss doesn't fire me even though he's getting the money back.
On the plus side, you'll never ever fall for a con like this again, right?

Or take money from the cash register?

MMaRsu

Banned
J. M. Romeo said:
It's fine, everyone makes a big ass mistake sometime in their lives. I still love you <3

<3! Thanks man.. Yeah it's a mistake I won't ever make again.

crowphoenix said:
I don't think they're calling you a terrible person, rather an employee that has shown a tendency to be foolish with a businesses' money that has been left in his care. That is not a reputation you want to have.

But you know that, and I sincerely hope you still have your job next week.

I hope so too man.. thanks.

MMaRsu said:
Hey I'm not trying to brag here dude, that's over in the girl thread. I'm just stating what happened.

I understand it's stealing, but if the register evens out at the end of the day, what's the problem? I never steal anything. It was a really really stupid thing to do, I've learned my lesson. Just because I made a mistake I should lose my job, and never be able to work at a register again? I personally think that's a little harsh, I put my own money back in the register so it would even out at the end of the day. Some of you guys are acting like I'm the worst person in the world or something damn.
because you supported a drug dealer... who fucking scammed you for 140 euros!

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Hahaha, you idiot. I can't believe you fell for that.

We have door to door scammers occasionally: "oh, my wife is in labor and I don't have any money to get to the hospital". 911 is free, asshole. :lol

MMaRsu said:

You never short the register. If you let someone slide for a buck or two, it has to come out of your pocket immediately.

If you can't understand that you shouldn't be working retail, it's not your money to lend.

Klyka

Banned
You know what the real problem is now?

You're not gonna trust ANYBODY in your store anymore. Even if someone comes in who really needs your help,even if it's not even about money, you will ALWAYS remember this dude conning you and be suspicious/won't help.

I know that from my own experience.

Rorschach

MMaRsu said:
:lol

Unless your boss checks security everyday, which I know 99.9% of people don't do unless there was a robbery, or something huge went down with no excuse. In this case you replaced 100% of the money so you should be fine. Unless it was a sting set up by your boss, which could be a possibility.

eznark

Banned
MMaRsu said:
wow.....

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
SmokyDave said:
As long as you have learned your lesson, I guess it could have been worse. It's a shame that shit like this has to happen, the world needs more people that trust strangers and less arsehole strangers that can't be trusted.
If he had given his own money, I would have been more sympathetic.

Nothing about what he did was right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom