• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So I just gave a dude I don't know 140 euro's from the cash register

Status
Not open for further replies.
shuri said:
040723_MNightShyamalan_bcol_2p.widec.jpg

The guy is actually a friend of the owner, who was testing the OP
Oh, dick move, boss. Dick move.

Haunted

Mmarsu is seriously lacking life experience.

Even if they guy comes back and returns the money, it was still the wrong thing to do.

PantherLotus said:
Then why is the subject in the OP afraid of the cops finding it?

It's decriminalised or something. So getting caught with a few joints isn't a big deal. Caught with enough you can get done for intent to supply. They can sell a joint or two in a cafe but i think that's about it. I'm no expert all the same.

itxaka

Defeatist
Hey guys mmarsu is from Holland and selling weed is legal there so stop with the "drug dealer" thing.

For one, I think you did ok. Seeing someone trust a stranger nowadays is kind of refresing and shows that there is still good people around this world. BUT you got the money from your shop :/ that is plain stealing man, and that is were you did wrong. Put your money back there ASAP.

Rubashov

kaizoku said:
I've actually been the victim of a cash register scam. some dick comes in with some rehearsed routine where he does all kind of shit to confuse you. can't remember exactly but it was something like, gets you to exchange some change for him, then he buys an item, pays for it with a small note, gets change, claims that he paid with a really big note. whatever he did, it was like a magicians trick and having been stuck there for hours I wans't on the ball and I was unnerved enough to not be 100% sure, I had my doubts but customers always right so I forked over the cash and made a mental note.

like a year later he comes back, probably mistakes me for someone else, but he tries a similar routine. I play along, keeping a close eye on everything to make sure it was definitely him and he was definitely pulling a scam. when I confirm it I wait for him to hand over some money and then say thanks and pocket the money.

when he asks where his item and change is I say "what? I just gave it to you".

after a long debate back and forth where I act like I am convinced I gave it to him, I eventually get tired and tell him I know all about his little scam and he should get the fuck out before I kick him out. felt so damn good!!!!!
The people who think the guy in the OP wouldn't bother with this small amount of money haven't seen this kind of scam. These guys will go around town trying this trick for 20 or 50 bucks here and there. Wouldn't be surprised if this guy hit up some neighbors too.

MMaRsu

Banned
Dude aint picking up the phone anymore. Fuck.

My own money should be here soon though. Still, fuck this shit. I know the money wasn't mine to give and yes it was a dumb fucking mistake but I tried to do a nice thing for the guy. I'm just too goddamn gullible for this shit. I can't believe I fell for this dumbass scam. I'm such an idiot.

Please make fun of me all you want, I feel bad enough already. I hope my boss doesn't fire me even though he's getting the money back.

Nyx

Kylehimself said:
It's decriminalised or something. So getting caught with a few joints isn't a big deal. Caught with enough you can get done for intent to supply. They can sell a joint or two in a cafe but i think that's about it. I'm no expert all the same.

IIRC our awesome law says it's fine to sell weed in a coffeeshop, but the shop-owners can only buy big piles of weed from certain suppliers.

Ofcourse most coffeeshops have a lot more suppliers than just the ones that are allowed to grow weed for them, so probably the guy was an illegal supplier, and therefore was afraid to get caught.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
What the fuck am I doing.. I don't know. This guy walks in, seems very trustworthy. He's a muslim and I know you can trust muslims.

I dunno man, I scored coke off a couple moroccan dudes a few times. They were friendly and stuff but.... I dunno if I would give em 140 from a till at my JOB.

I know the money wasn't mine to give and yes it was a dumb fucking mistake but I tried to do a nice thing for the guy.

You should never trust people like this. He targeted you.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
don't tell your boss if you want to keep your job

KAOz

Short bus special
MMaRsu said:

My own money should be here soon though. Still, fuck this shit. I know the money wasn't mine to give and yes it was a dumb fucking mistake but I tried to do a nice thing for the guy. I'm just too goddamn gullible for this shit. I can't believe I fell for this dumbass scam. I'm such an idiot.

Please make fun of me all you want, I feel bad enough already. I hope my boss doesn't fire me even though he's getting the money back.

Hopefully you will LEARN SOMETHING FROM THIS.

Seriously, if I was your boss, I would fire you in an instant, even if you wanted to pay it all back. =/ Incredibly stupid thing to do straight from the beginning.

Still, for your sake, I hope it works out.

I've had people pull sob stories like this on me a million times. Never one about cops being in danger of finding drugs, usually they've ran out of fuel or they've been clamped, or they're short of some money for the hotel, or whatever. Professional beggars and con artists.

MMaRsu said:

I don't actually believe you that any of this happened at all, but I want to.

Lets suppose it did happen... If someone is bringing you the money, does your boss ever have to find out? Why would he? Is it like - part of the idiots code to be 'honest'?

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
All this thread does is support my theory that Mmarsu is a moron.

shuri

Banned
040723_MNightShyamalan_bcol_2p.widec.jpg

This is early viral marketing for an eventual comedy featuring Seth Rogen and Micheal Cera set in Amsterdam.. SHOT IN 3D

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
He's a pot dealer? He'll be back with your money.

But it's not about what he does for a living, or what his background is, or his race, you don't loan money to anybody, friends, family, or strangers. Ever.

Tenks

Is this site legit? I mean it's full of Arabs so it's got to be trustworthy. I want to meet a nice single Muslim/Arab girl because I know she'll be faithful because she's Muslim. I'd also like to meet more Muslim friends who I know will always have my back and never turn on me, because they're Muslim and all.

2057329.jpg

methane47

MMaRsu said:

MMaRsu
I need some paprika
Official moneylender of the Coalition of Muslim Drug Dealers
(Today, 12:07 PM)
Reply | Quote

simpsons_nelson_haha2.gif

MDSLKTR

MMaRsu said:

Live and learn. At least look at the bright side: you got one of the best tags on gaf now.

MNC

Has he been avatar quoted yet? This sounds almost like a shameless plug to get avatar quoeted. It fits too well.

Veidt

Blasphemer who refuses to accept bagged milk as his personal savior
MMaRsu said:

MMaRsu
I need some paprika___________Official moneylender of the Coalition of Muslim Drug Dealers
(Today, 04:07 PM)
Reply | Quote

Earned yourself a new tag. However small, at least something good came out of this whole ordeal for you :lol

I... I... I... I can't come up with anything to say, I even if I said something stupid I would still be smarted guy in the world compared to you :lol

No, seriously, that was awesome

Kaako

Felium Defensor
O MMaRsu...what have you done?! :lol
The guy might show up with the cash though so just sit tight and wait patiently. Also, learn from this.

Soybean

I don't believe a word of this thread. It's impossible for a human being to be so foolish.

You could take a newborn child, raise it in a controlled environment and brainwash it for 20 years to believe this is reasonable to do, and upon testing it in the real world the person still wouldn't be stupid enough to fall for it. So yeah, thread fakeness.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
MMaRsu said:

I hate to say this, dude, but if I were your boss, I would fire you. Lending company money to people off the street is beyond a breach of trust.

To be completely honest, you deserve to be fired. I don't wish unemployment on people just to be malicious. You obviously don't understand that that was not your money to give, and being nice has nothing to do with it.

Even if the guy came right back and gave you the money, you should STILL be fired. This is like stealing your mother's credit card, withdrawing $500 and giving it to people stalled out on the side of the road.

I'm sorry but this was dumb. The guy took advantage of you but you shouldn't be lending anyone that kind of money ESPECIALLY a stranger if its not yours and you can't afford to lose it. Live and learn but its a harsh reality and you gotta realise most people are opportunist twats.

bengraven

shuri said:
yep.

Thats how well adjusted persons think

"well adjusted" people? I'm not saying drugs are a good thing and I don't personally do them, but many well-adjusted people in our age group (assuming you're 18-35) smoke cannibis. They have to get it from someone.

pslong009

Neo Member
thetrin said:
I hate to say this, dude, but if I were your boss, I would fire you. Lending company money to people off the street is beyond a breach of trust.

To be completely honest, you deserve to be fired. I don't wish unemployment on people just to be malicious. You obviously don't understand that that was not your money to give, and being nice has nothing to do with it.

Even if the guy came right back and gave you the money, you should STILL be fired. This is like stealing your mother's credit card, withdrawing $500 and giving it to people stalled out on the side of the road.

Not only that, but would it be possible for his boss to press charges against him? It's basically theft. Although if you do return the money out of pocket, I guess it's much less likely that charges would be pressed - but you should still be fired.

And good luck getting a job later on - hope your user name isn't connected to your real life name in any way.

I can't believe I payed attention to this story for 4 pages, it really got me interested. :D

I'll be just another person to say that you got scammed, and I hope you learned from it.

GodofWine

This is possibly the most naive / dumbest thing I have read yet on GAF.

Why would you give money out of a register to a man you do not know...you basically were pyscholgically 'robbed at gun point'.

Im hungry and left my wallet home, wire me some funds...better yet, wire me a sandwhich and your credit card info so I can pick out a drink at my leisure.

MMaRsu

Banned
Money is back in the register. Dude didn't come back, I got owned. Trusted a guy and gave him money that didn't belong to me and got fucked over.. Lesson learned at least.

Omg O_O @ my new tag. lol

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
MMaRsu said:
let me tell you, fuck my employer. That bastard still hasn't payed me for my fulltime month in December. that's 13 days into the new month and I still haven't gotten paid.

Anyway, if the dude doesn't come back I'm putting my own money into the register. So no money missing.
Why did you not just give him your own money initially?

MMaRsu said:
Money is back in the register. Dude didn't come back, I got owned. Trusted a guy and gave him money that didn't belong to me and got fucked over.. Lesson learned at least.

..... seee

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
MMaRsu said:

And you got a new tag.

MMaRsu

Banned
MThanded said:
Why did you not just give him your own money initially?

Cause I didn't have my cards or money with me. I would have given him my own money if I had..

Anyway, I know that it was really dumb and wrong of me to give a stranger money from my job's register. I mean I wasn't thinking clearly about it at the time, which was dumb. Like I said, lesson learned.

Klyka

Banned
Funny story from me:

We are going to fire our female employee today because she has been sleeping with a customer for a few weeks now and in the last week let him play bets for 6400€ while trying to somehow hide the missing money in the paper work.

When we confronted her she said that she believed him when he said he would pay it all back cause he "never let her down before".

*sigh*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom