• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT4| Molested by a Burger Priest

jokkir

Welp

U52gVLT.jpg

Saturday. Goodluck.

Anth0ny

Wait the HIGH on Saturday is -18?

WTF

too late to postpone NBA All-Star?

fucking absurd

and I'm going to be downtown all day for the auto show and all star game festivities

all the celebs will have their suspicions confirmed: toronto is freezing cold 12 months a year, and should never be allowed to hold the all star game ever again

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
So I heard you like transit problems....

Big mess downtown yesterday and signal problems at Warden and Kennedy now. Dunderheads don't know if it was limited service with shuttle buses (may the gods have mercy on your soul if you took one) or no service at all with only shuttle buses.

Good job, TTC. Good fucking job.

Another reason I hate the cold and winter, it makes an already poor service even more abysmal.

yyzjohn

Banned

Big mess downtown yesterday and signal problems at Warden and Kennedy now. Dunderheads don't know if it was limited service with shuttle buses (may the gods have mercy on your soul if you took one) or no service at all with only shuttle buses.

Another reason I hate the cold and winter, it makes an already poor service even more abysmal.

Preach it brother.

Apathy

fucking absurd

and I'm going to be downtown all day for the auto show and all star game festivities

all the celebs will have their suspicions confirmed: toronto is freezing cold 12 months a year, and should never be allowed to hold the all star game ever again

Sounds like a win/win for me, I am rooting for the cold for once in my life. Let's go -20, we can get there!

The TTC is a joke of a system, and I'm sick of Andy apologizing. If we had a good service he wouldn't need to be apologizing every other week.

So how messed up will downtown be this weekend?

So bad, so so so bad. Stay in, order some food and pretend there is no downtown for the weekend

explodet

So 1/3 of the Weekend Apocalypse is cancelled. Now all we have to deal with is the brutal cold weather and the NBA All-Star game crowds.

yyzjohn

Banned

Not a shock. That guy was on BT this morning and Kevin was reading him some tweets from people talking about the upcoming protest. They all pretty much amounted to "taxi drivers are idiots and I'm switching to Uber 100% if they do this strike". The guy seemed clueless to understand that the public would turn against drivers if they went ahead with this. I guess he finally got it.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Not a shock. That guy was on BT this morning and Kevin was reading him some tweets from people talking about the upcoming protest. They all pretty much amounted to "taxi drivers are idiots and I'm switching to Uber 100% if they do this strike". The guy seemed clueless to understand that the public would turn against drivers if they went ahead with this. I guess he finally got it.

Man I need a video of this, that sounds amazing

nvm i found it http://www.bttoronto.ca/videos/4748356749001/

yyzjohn

Banned
He doesn't read any tweets out loud in that clip, although he is asking the taxi rep if there are any alternatives to that strike.

Yeah he doesn't read them he just referred to them my bad, I was actually reading the tweeted replies to Kevin's question, and he was showing the tweets to the dude as he sat there. The tweets weren't flattering at all.

dluu13

Yeah he doesn't read them he just referred to them my bad, I was actually reading the tweeted replies to Kevin's question, and he was showing the tweets to the dude as he sat there. The tweets weren't flattering at all.

Is there a link to them?

Dave Chappelle is the fucking king! I'm so happy that I finally saw him perform live! There will never be a comedian as good as him. Anyone else that is going is in for a treat!

jcutner

Dave Chappelle is the fucking king! I'm so happy that I finally saw him perform live! There will never be a comedian as good as him. Anyone else that is going is in for a treat!

How was the show? What was the setup like? Is it really standing space only? Clusterfuck to get tickets and get to coat check?

dluu13

It's like everybody saw the weather and decided to stay home today. I am sitting alone in the dark at work for over an hour now. Feels nice.

cocopuffs

Banned
Is there anything fun to do over the weekend with the NBA All-Star festivities if you barely have any money and no tickets to anything?

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Is there anything fun to do over the weekend with the NBA All-Star festivities if you barely have any money and no tickets to anything?
Freeze to death?

It is Valentine's Day weekend and it's a long weekend so it's gonna be busy.

I'm looking into trying that udon place Divvy mentioned myself.

Surrender yourself to the harsh bitter cold supported by Team Winter?

Honestly all the stuff I'm doing this long weekend is visiting friends who all live outside downtown. I finished class today and walked with a friend to Union through PATH. Allstar Games haven't even started but man oh man the queues for meet ups are really clogging up the Eaton Centre. We'll add this to the list of things people from Toronto will willingly queue up for, in addition to Japanese cheesecake and mac n cheese festivals.

How was the show? What was the setup like? Is it really standing space only? Clusterfuck to get tickets and get to coat check?

Incredible performance from Chappelle! He is still my favourite comedian of all time. The opener was Donnell Rawlings who was on the Chappelle show and he was pretty fucking funny as well!

There are some seats but it's mostly standing only. I didn't even bother checking my coat. It was no mobile phones allowed so they put your phone in this baggy thing so you can't use it. We were definitely lucky to get the tickets. I know so many people that tried but couldn't get any.

Top Bottom