• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015-16 TV Cancellations: The Beast, having been fed, asks waiter for his bill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Blindspot held up very well. Shame about Supergirl, it was one of the better reviewed episodes the show has had all season.

Penguin

I feel like Supergirl is just a victim of spring-scheduling

The past month

One ep
A break
One ep
A break
Think next few weeks are straight
until 2nd week of April

maxcriden

It'll be interesting to see if the CW shows returning next week fall victim to this.

I don't expect they will, except from perhaps the DST drop everything usually sees. My impression is the CW shows have pretty devout core fanbases who usually make it a point to tune in to the next ep. I think CW might have a more impressive group of viewers willing to watch a serialized show than any other network, and that would have sounded less impressive until they started beating the major networks in some timeslots.

Penguin

I don't expect they will, except from perhaps the DST drop everything usually sees. My impression is the CW shows have pretty devout core fanbases who usually make it a point to tune in to the next ep. I think CW might have a more impressive group of viewers willing to watch a serialized show than any other network, and that would have sounded less impressive until they started beating the major networks in some timeslots.

Ha!

i forgot about the DST drop!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...g-time-is-terrible-for-your-favorite-tv-show/

Pachimari

I watch more than half a dozen hours of comic book TV shows a week...

And Quantico is somehow the most fantastical thing I watch

Truly the golden age of comic book movies / series. I haven't even really gotten into Lucifer, iZombie, Walking Dead and barely into Supergirl but it seems super boring.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Better Call Saul renewed for a third season~

Glad to hear, certainly the best show on AMC now that Mad Men is done. Exceeded my expectations of a Breaking Bad spin-off, I honestly just think of it as its own thing now.

Guys, I think I have a great idea for a new crossover that everyone will like:

The Blacklist
X
Blindspot

Or

The Blindlist

Or

The Blackspot

I should work for NBC.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!

The Blacklist
X
Blindspot

Or

The Blindlist

Or

The Blackspot

I should work for NBC.

Is it even possible to tell that you've crossed over two nearly identical shows?

Just kidding, Blacklist is so much better.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus

I should work for NBC.

Better yet - a four hour Chicago Event, crossing over Fire, P.D., Med, and Law. It could also act as a backdoor pilot for Chicago Fables, the supernatural themed detective show, which we all know is coming sooner or later.

Better yet - a four hour Chicago Event, crossing over Fire, P.D., Med, and Law. It could also act as a backdoor pilot for Chicago Fables, the supernatural themed detective show, which we all know is coming sooner or later.
Chicago Streets:
Where we follow the lives of ordinary people living in Chicago.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Ick. I just heard the ABC announcer ask the viewer if they have a bad case of FOMO.

Penguin

Tues Numbers

Fasts-Demo-2016-Mar-TUE.15.png

Of King and Prophets... much like GoT characters is dead

Tuesdays are so weird for abc. AoS could use a legitimate lead in that's not a comedy and I can't think of the last 10/9c show that did anything for them.

Grizzlyjin

Someone remind me why they're going forward with a SHIELD spin-off with those numbers, and knowing full well how Agent Carter performed?

Someone remind me why they're going forward with a SHIELD spin-off with those numbers, and knowing full well how Agent Carter performed?
Unless it isn't on Tuesday, they clearly don't care about traditional ratings as much for the marvel stuff. It's the only explanation that makes sense.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.

When the movie they're trying to setup comes out in 5 years, it'll all be worth it.

Penguin

Tuesdays are so weird for abc. AoS could use a legitimate lead in that's not a comedy and I can't think of the last 10/9c show that did anything for them.
At some point, you got to realize the underpinning issue is AoS

It was the lead-in it's initial year didn't do so well
Moved it to 9, and it has done progressively worse over the past season and a half.
Almost EVERYTHING they've bundled with it at 10pm has fizzedl.
I really hope they move it next year

Synergy!

Busty

Banned
Of King and Prophets... much like GoT characters is dead

I think that ABC should sack their fucking prophet for not seeing a ratings debut like that. But then again if the prophet had seen a 0.5 debut and told the network the show wouldn't have been greenlit in the first place thus the prophet wouldn't have gotten his/her show.

What's a prophet to do?

#prophetPROBLEMS

These numbers for SHIELD are made all the more pitiful when you think that they are in the same ballpark as original episodes of Arrow on the CW.

At this point it's only Marvel/Disney's need to 'keep up with the Joneses' in DC's TV output that's keeping shows like this on broadcast TV. Also I imagine that the Int. TV sales are probably pretty strong.

dLMN8R

Kind of amazing that between ABC and FOX, the highest-rated show is a diverse sitcom starring Asian people.

Heartening, since it's a really funny show.

- Adalian for NY Mag: The 2015–16 TV Season in One Really Depressing Chart
To illustrate the exodus from linear broadcasts of network series, Vulture has gathered the prime-time averages for the dozens of returning shows from the Big Four and the CW, and then processed how much each program’s audience of adult viewers under 50 either increased, decreased, or, in a handful of cases, remained unchanged versus the same point in the season last year. As the chart below demonstrates, roughly 85 percent of the 80 non-sports programs returning this season have been hit with viewership declines among the younger audiences advertisers target. Worse, these aren’t small declines: About 70 percent of veteran shows are down by double digits, while a full third have dropped by more than 20 percent. When Vulture first began charting the performance of returning network shows back in 2013, the majority of shows on the air were either up, flat, or down less than 10 percent year-to-year. Today only 30 percent of non-freshman series can make that claim.

What’s perhaps most depressing about these declines is the age of so many of this season’s biggest losers. Networks have always had to deal with shows shedding viewers as they grew older, but, until relatively recently, big ratings drops tended to come after shows had been on the air for several years and audiences simply moved on to shiny new objects. Now, in the era of viewing on demand, it seems audiences are increasingly having sordid affairs with new shows and then quickly moving on: More than a dozen sophomore shows are down by 15 percent or more, including buzz magnets such as How to Get Away With Murder (-27 percent) and Last Man on Earth (-25 percent). Even Empire, which is currently tracking up compared to its performance last year, saw substantial audience erosion over the course of its nine-episode run last fall, and it may yet end up down year-to-year when the season wraps in May. By contrast, three of the five non-sports series actually up versus last season — 60 Minutes, Law & Order: SVU, and The Bachelor — have all been on the air for more than a decade.
Full chart is via the link.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
the 100 -> gay pairing -> ratings up -> end gay pairing -> ratings gonna freefall

i feel confident that the gay pairing is driving ratings since it sure isn't the plotting or writing, which have been garbage since day 1~

firehawk12

Subete no aware
the 100 -> gay pairing -> ratings up -> end gay pairing -> ratings gonna freefall

i feel confident that the gay pairing is driving ratings since it sure isn't the plotting or writing, which have been garbage since day 1~

I thought people thought that The 100 was a good show. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom