• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Syfy picks up "Three Inches"... a show about people with shitty superpowers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Costanza

Banned
The network has ordered a 90-minute pilot, "Three Inches," from Fox Television Studios, writer Harley Peyton ("Twin Peaks") and executive producer Bob Cooper. It centers on an underachiever who gains the power to move any object using his mind, but only for a distance of three inches. He recruits a team of fellow heroes, each with their own less-than-spectacular abilities.

" 'Three Inches' is a fun, smart, offbeat spin on the superhero genre," Syfy executive vp development Mark Stern said. "It's a very postmodern approach, with a really wonderful, tongue-in-cheek script."

Added David Madden, executive vp at Fox TV Studios, "We felt there was something special and particularly twisted about this script, both in tone and in its sense of imagination."
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr...sion/news/e3ic04432c02b7897442b9ea5baca1a176a

The name seems more suited to a show about someone with a small dick, but I guess it has potential. Kind of a tongue-in-cheek less serious take on Heroes which I'm fine with. That show takes itself way too fucking seriously most of the time.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Ninja Scooter said:
i thought it was a show about PhoenixDark's dick

mQ7Si.png

Chairman Yang

if he talks about books, you better damn well listen
There's some British show with a similar concept, right?

Anyways, I'm starting to get bored of superhero stuff. It's getting as overdone as zombie media.

Veritas_

Sounds kind of like Mystery Men.
"We're not your classic heros. We're the other guys." -The Shoveller

Edit - :lol @ Cold Blooded.

Alfarif

This picture? uhh I can explain really!
Ninja Scooter said:

How are you going to come in and basically fire shots and destroy a thread in one single post? Anything after your post, including mine, is completely irrelevant.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Ninja Scooter said:
Lot of different ways to go with this one, but I'll provide PhoenixDark with a reply clipped from a Penny Arcade strip this time -

ubshy.jpg

:lol

C.Dark.DN

Banned
wait.

that article also says

The network also is looking to order another "Battlestar"-related project. Details were slim, but Stern said the title would mark a return to the franchise's space-opera roots.

"We're looking for other ways to spin off 'Battlestar' beyond 'Caprica,' " he said. "That world is so rich. We're sitting down with (executive producer) Ron Moore and his team. It would not necessarily be a traditional series."
another battlestar spinoff?

krypt0nian said:
But they were terrible with them. Pretty much the same show.

Not from what I'm seeing. The one in the UK is about people are bad at handling their powers, but this new one is about people with powers but that are inherently bad.

Like the OP says, main character can move objects but only up to three inches. So, say someone can read minds but only when those people are thinking about hotdogs.

It has a lot of potential if pulled off right.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Annihilator said:
What is this the garbage trash league?
mystery men

"Kel Mitchell as Invisible Boy. Invisible Boy claims he can become invisible, but only when no one (including himself) is looking. This later proves to be true, as gun turrets with motion sensors do not count as someone looking."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom