• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZangBa

So, I'm stuck on the S4 Coliseum boss for now. If I start doing battles in a different round, does it reset where I was in S4? I figure I might as well use my orbs to steal items.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I just dropped 1,000 Lapis on friend slots, so I need some more friends!

Pejo

So, I'm stuck on the S4 Coliseum boss for now. If I start doing battles in a different round, does it reset where I was in S4? I figure I might as well use my orbs to steal items.

Nah, you can go back to any level you already beat and your progress stays at the boss you're currently stuck on. I've been stealing from B/C levels while i'm re-leveling my main team for the A-3 boss.

WarAdept

In regards to what WarAdept said earlier:
https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExv...why_you_shouldshould_not_grind_ifrit_2_stage/
Basically you don't go for Ifrit round 2 at this point of the game as getting the shards to level Ifrit puts you far behind in rank compared to running Granshelt Catacombs Exit over and over and over again. Looking at altema (http://altema.jp/ffbe/keikenchikourituichirann-2859) the only things better than Granshelt Catacombs Exit for rank are only about 7% better. I'm sure for anything else one can do the improvements are more so from that perspective upping rank would be the best thing to do now.

Cheers for digging up that information Starwolf. Looks like I'm forever in the Catacombs.

Had 1400 Lapis...did two pulls...now i have 400 lapis...nuff said.

I rationalize the lost Lapis from shitty pulls as the free Lapis I got from May login rewards, May daily quests, or Lapis I otherwise wouldn't have gotten if I didn't play before the game actually released. It works ;).

Currently have friend slots open.

ID: 956387298
Name: Moogles

Later tonight, once I do a couple exp runs I will have:

5* Lasswell
5* Rain
5* Vaan
4* Luna
4* Anzelm

Dandte

Sounds like they weren't very noteworthy pulls? :(

Hate that. The pulls are so expensive and the rate of getting a truly good unit is so low.

Those rate ups need to get here fast!

First was a Heal-Tank who max. at 4*, since i have Cecil i can't pull anything better in this field.

Secon was Luna, also max. at 4*, since i have no Ranger...well i have no ranger.

Both are rated with 50/100, well at least i can fill my Album.

I rationalize the lost Lapis from shitty pulls as the free Lapis I got from May login rewards, May daily quests, or Lapis I otherwise wouldn't have gotten if I didn't play before the game actually released. It works ;).

I told myself i won't pull till release..but i'm weak to gacha games. But i will stop now!

Ugh. So, what's the deal? Is this game complete and they're working on translation or is it still a work in progress? I was completely hooked, but was mainly grinding for story progression, as silly as that sounds. Kind of took the wind out of my sails when I found out that I was, essentially, only playing a sample of the game.

Vex_

Banned
Lmao! That's me. Let me add more slots and you should be good to go.

Yea, I've seen a few people with GAF in their name.

I think I wrote in my message, "Hispanicguy on GAF" lol :p

Haha! Right on, brother. I was "Vex". The guy with the EXDEATH that says "FEAR ME, WORM!" Lol. I just evolved him so he is kinda weak right now. But man oh man does he have some good single target spells!

Ugh. So, what's the deal? Is this game complete and they're working on translation or is it still a work in progress? I was completely hooked, but was mainly grinding for story progression, as silly as that sounds. Kind of took the wind out of my sails when I found out that I was, essentially, only playing a sample of the game.

We are in a beta period. This is the real deal as in there will be no wipes. We are expecting this game to launch with more new content in June. Play now to get ahead.

Haha! Right on, brother. I was "Vex". The guy with the EXDEATH that says "FEAR ME, WORM!" Lol. I just evolved him so he is kinda weak right now. But man oh man does he have some good single target spells!

We are in a beta period. This is the real deal as in there will be no wipes. We are expecting this game to launch with more new content in June. Play now to get ahead.

Got it. Thanks.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Would be cool if more people would add their ID to the Google Doc list in addition to just posting it in this thread. Also the link should be in the OP.

Rixa

Had 1400 Lapis...did two pulls...now i have 400 lapis...nuff said.

Sounds like they weren't very noteworthy pulls? :(

Hate that. The pulls are so expensive and the rate of getting a truly good unit is so low.

Those rate ups need to get here fast!

Yeah, I have used "free" (daily logins / daily quests) to "slots". I bought the Early Bird deal and I have made total of 3 pulls here. Vaan / Cyan / Shantotto. Next aim is to collect 5k Lapis and buy those 11 tix.

I consider myself somewhat lucky in those 2 pulls, Cyan is okis and Shantotto was Blue crystal that turned to be Yellow. Both max 4* tho :(. Anyways could been much worser.

I just dropped 1,000 Lapis on friend slots, so I need some more friends!

Currently have friend slots open.

ID: 956387298
Name: Moogles
Add me fools

I have like 16 slots to fill
You all 3 got fr from RixGAF.

I have some low level Vaan, wasnt sure if it was good idea to hold Vaan 4* max level.
Then decided, blah Ill Awaken him so I dont lose exp while grinding Catacomb Exit. Now he is 5* and low levels.

-> Boom, oops I have difficulties in Colosseum since I just Awakened my Rain & Lasswell to 4*. Oh well tomorrow we get Cactuar dungeons, that changes balance, I wont run exp Vortex. I need rank exp...
Screenshot_20160526-091802.png
:)
Would be cool if more people would add their ID to the Google Doc list in addition to just posting it in this thread. Also the link should be in the OP.

What post nr has the email & doc? I can add my ID to there :p

Rixa

This one
But it's easy to overlook that's why it should be in the OP as well.
BTW. Congrats on 5 star Vaan.... Full Break incoming right?
It is really easy to miss. I have now 100/110 friends but I have many players that are >2 days since last played. Not kicking them yet, going to do that after I have full friend list or days pass. I need to buy those last 10 friend slots tho.

@Visceir Can you add that email to OT?

My Vaan will hopefully be level 80 tomorrow evening when I have run enough Cactuars,

WarAdept

Oh man this Chimera boss in S-3 Rank is kicking my ass. I can get him down to ~10%, but it usually results in a wipe. Might have to change my party a bit for this for the first time in forever.

Rahvar

They changed the message, extended the maintenance by 3 hours. 6:00 a.m. PST
Oh well. Don't mind that much. If they follpw some other game examples we should at least get some freebies for the extra downtime.

Not that I expect or demand any, just looking at the hopeful, bright angle :p

Visceir

Surprised none of you have thought about giving the jp version a go. So much more content and with the daily lapis we get and the 250 lapis daily pulls it's a much more fun experience.

Could get a taste for the second island.

Speaking of jp news -- Hironobu Sakaguchi will be attending the nico stream for FFBE on the 30th january. People suspecting we'll be getting a 6* version of Garland.

Rahvar

Surprised none of you have thought about giving the jp version a go. So much more content and with the daily lapis we get and the 250 lapis daily pulls it's a much more fun experience.

Speaking of jp news -- Hironobu Sakaguchi will be attending the nico stream for FFBE on the 30th january. People suspecting we'll be getting a 6* version of Garland.

I know enough Japanese foe it to be frustrating when I don't understand large parts of the game. Once I am better at Japanese sure thing. But not there yet

Naw man naw

I can wait

I wouldnt mind finding other mobile rpgs of this qulaity. I used to be crazy about Dragon Blaze... maybe I should fire that one up again

Visceir

Naw man naw

I can wait

I wouldnt mind finding other mobile rpgs of this qulaity. I used to be crazy about Dragon Blaze... maybe I should fire that one up again

Terra Battle was my first venture into the mobile gacha genre and I still think it has the most unique and best gameplay in that field.

Rootbeer

Banned

man that sounds way nicer :( But i'll wait... sigh

Also the extended maintenance has put a big dent in my progress today since my best play time is during those hours :/

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Everyone who played GCC knows that Gumis 3h maintenance can be 4 days...
Lol are they really that bad? I dropped CC after the first 15 minutes because the ingame 3D model were such a letdown compared to the Artwork. Looks like i made the right call not to get too invested.

Terra Battle was my first venture into the mobile gacha genre and I still think it has the most unique and best gameplay in that field.

What I love about Brave Exvius is the combination of TRUE turn based battle(minus ATB.. closer to FF1) and True FF mechanics and abilities and strats.

Its tickling so many itches

It helps that it looks good and plays well too. Its still janky RPG lite but at the sprite work makes up for it.

They need to keep iterating in this space. I love the character building, full equipment, large ability pool, esper system... Its all pretty well thought out

Not a perfrect game by any margin but we give it the "well its a mobile gacha game" pass.

Rixa

Lol are they really that bad? I dropped CC after the first 15 minutes because the ingame 3D model were such a letdown compared to the Artwork. Looks like i made the right call not to get too invested.

It was exception that maintenance ended when they informed it will end. Usually maintenances lasted 1h - 6h more (or more) :).

As soon as maintenance is done, I'll make sure I have you :D

About to hit Rank 20. Afterwards, I'll farm for mats since I have a few people that need to wake up.

Addiction is a good word for how I feel about this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom