• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bar MAFIA |OT| There's Gonna Be Shots

nin1000

Banned
Nah, nin you could explain why you voted me on D7 and were willing to lose the game. Why would TTK not have ended it there?

Why do you came into contact with the confirmed scum so rarely?

At 66% of the thread, Day 2 was pretty long, not much left to reread

I was annoyed with you and at that moment thought you were scum. At this stage I will have to give you my trust and vote out ttk.

Why he did not vote you out that day? He was at work.

I never came into contact with scum since I am town.

Gorlak

Banned
I was annoyed with you and at that moment thought you were scum. At this stage I will have to give you my trust and vote out ttk.

Why he did not vote you out that day? He was at work.

I never came into contact with scum since I am town.

You thought I was scum? The day before you had TTK as more suspicious than LP and me. You forgot your thoughts about NF and Matty once LP flipped as well?

Gorlak

Banned
Sorry Nin, scum let me live and tried to play my bulletproof supporter bullshit addition as the suspicious "scum" move to win the game.

Also do you remember what exactly you tried to fake claim throughout the game? Just one more time what were you trying to do?

nin1000

Banned
Gorlak. Which side are you on?

I told you I am town. I gave you all the reasons why I acted the way I did.
If you are town aswell and vote me outypu will shit your pants the moment you see me flip.
On the other hand if you are scum.

Well played my friend well played.

Gorlak

Banned
Gorlak. Which side are you on?

I told you I am town. I gave you all the reasons why I acted the way I did.
If you are town aswell and vote me outypu will shit your pants the moment you see me flip.
On the other hand if you are scum.

Well played my friend well played.

Answer my questions!

Just once in this game, try to give a meaningful answer! If you're town you are losing us this game here.

nin1000

Banned
Sorry Nin, scum let me live and tried to play my bulletproof supporter bullshit addition as the suspicious "scum" move to win the game.

Also do you remember what exactly you tried to fake claim throughout the game? Just one more time what were you trying to do?

Survive. I mean that's the whole point of the game isn't it? To hunt scum and survive whole doing so.

Gorlak

Banned
Survive. I mean that's the whole point of the game isn't it? To hunt scum and survive whole doing so.

You fake-claimed night kill immunity for 5 nights up to the point where Mazre contradicted you and you gave in and admitted to be ordinary.

Now you talk about how you fake claimed strongman, when you've never before talked about this role.

Both roles were scum aligned.

nin1000

Banned
You fake-claimed night kill immunity for 5 nights up to the point where Mazre contradicted you and you gave in and admitted to be ordinary.

Now you talk about how you fake claimed strongman, when you've never before talked about this role.

Both roles were scum aligned.

Strong man aka being kill immune yes. That's what I fake claimed. Dude I was and am still sincere with you. I am town. Vanilla town.

Gorlak

Banned
Whatever happens next, I made it very clear I was struggling and wanted to wait until ttk returned. Couldn't expect that nin does something stupid like suicide...

I spent the last 3 hours rereading everything, I've got three pages of notes I wanted to share with you...

cabot

timetokill smiled. With a snap of his fingers, he triggered two trap doors for the remaining patrons, dropping them into a tunnel in which they were dressed in sexy tight materials, and forced to do The Running Man. No one survived. It was, however, a fantastic spectacle.

nin1000 has been killed!

Greetings nin1000! Kingsley welcomes you to the Bar!

You heard that there was gonna be shots and you came a running.

So what if you drink every Thursday, and every Friday, and somemost Saturdays. And occasionally, Tuesdays if you have an event, or Sunday if it’s a bank holiday.

That’s your god given right and no one is going to take it from you.

You are the Ordinary Drunk and you are aligned with TOWN.

At the end of the night phase, you swap your card with one of the middle cards without loo….
I mean you are an ordinary villager. You wield the most deadly of powers, those of discussion and voting.

The game thread is: HERE

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM Cabot or Kawl_USC.

You win when all threats to TOWN are eliminated.

Gorlak has been killed!

Greetings Gorlak! Kingsley welcomes you to the Bar!

Another bar grand opening, another event at which to shill your ass off. The slightly degrading tank top you are required to wear is chafing a little bit and the constant aroma of the shots of Captain Morgan’s Cannonball is already giving you a headache. But you’ve got bills to pay and your own nights out to pay for, so get out there and force those shots onto patrons. You especially don’t want to displease the weirdo of an owner after seeing him fry that chap…

You are The Captain Morgan Rep and you are aligned with TOWN.

That means you are a Fruit Vendor.
Each night, you can choose a target to visit, and will give them a shot which they are forced to consume. The shot does not have any negative or positive effects. Your command is GIVE DRINK: <name>.

Beyond this, you have the power to vote and discuss every day.

You win when all threats to TOWN are eliminated.

Two years later, The Bar was very much alive. Owned by timetokill, it was renamed The SCUMM Bar, and was a regular haunt for cool pirates everywhere. Grog was the special home brew, and meticulous pirate tests were the activity of the regular night. Dedicated to Never Forever, who he almost forsaken two days ago, a playlist was created, making sure the energy was tight with Girls Aloud, Annie, Carly Rae Jepsen, Jessy Lanza and Beyonce. Bitch knew a good tune or six. It was a fine time to be alive then, and the horrors that existed in the past were nothing but a distant memory for the two men remaining.

tumblr_o8h3rxsVtG1rh6vado1_500.gif

A plaque on the door reads &#8216;In loving memory of our fallen comrades: batsnacks, Never Forever, WhereAreMahDragonz and Kyanrute&#8217;. A heartening tribute to those that were lost to the Kingsley Wars.

timetokill, Never Forever, Kyanrute, batsnacks and WhereAreMahDragonz have won the game along with CornBurrito, heroic Arsonist!

Greetings timetokill! Kingsley welcomes you to the Bar!

You&#8217;ve done this for years. Your negging game is off the charts. You have slept with dozens of women. You wear a stupid fedora with a feather in it as a good luck charm. You prey on girls with low self esteem, and you care not for their troubles, they&#8217;re just a means to an end. You might be a cretin.

You are The PUA Creep and you are aligned with SCUM.

Oh, you are also a Tracker.

Each night, you can choose a target to see who they have visited. The command is TRACK: <name>

You have a night kill. The command is KILL: <name>. You will not be able to perform any other commands with your night kill unless you are the last man standing.

You win when your team equal or outnumber all other players and you eliminate all threats.

Your scum chat is no longer here cause everyone's dead, Dave.

Be cautious, there is a SCUM-aligned Spy in this game, who is not recruitable and can be night killed by your team. They know your identities.

Bar MAFIA has ended! Awwww!

CREDITS:

Ed Miliband - Husk
giphy.gif

Boris Johnson - Compares badly to a brick
NHnWXO.gif

Michael Gove - Chameleonic Clapper Lifeform
giphy.gif

Jeremy Corbyn - Grumpy Old Man
giphy.gif

David Cameron - Pig Fucker that caused a lot of problems
giphy.gif

Cocaine Fiend - George Osborne Impersonator
giphy.gif

Nigel Farage - Well Loved Hero
dfVz6hQ.gif

Kawl_USC - Honourary American Moderator
giphy.gif

cabot - Drunk Person
giphy.gif

Thanks for your time, let&#8217;s do this again.

I&#8217;ll totally call you.

Honest.

We connected on such a deep level.

cabot

The game design sheet is HERE

I'll read your feedback and instantly throw it out because who cares what y'all think, first and last time moderating bitches.

Gorlak

Banned
This is what I wrote this morning...

This is what I wrote after NF's flip:

I went back and forth in my mind. The lack of any results from the tracker was a huge red flag, but not having lost D7 was as well... What happened, busy in real life or afraid of voting early?

After reading everything Nin was so distant from scum team in the game and there were parts where Kyan, Dragonz and ttk shitposted together that look scummy. Was still not sure about who to vote though.

I picked up on quite a few posts from bats, where he signaled to be lost scum.

Ah... some tracking decision made no sense. Yet, Nin made no sense the whole game.

Please someone tell me that I didn't overlook THE obvious hint. I tried hard to figure it out.

Kawl_USC

Awards(?) may or may not be forthcoming.
It's hard to tell if that's even an accurate name for them at this point. Up is down. Black is white. Nin is scum.

Kawl_USC

Ttk was busy for the last few hours. Simple as that. You only get credit for not hammering when you otherwise make a post. Which is why you were cleared yesterday but ttk should not have been cleared from day 7 (or was it 6? Who knows anymore).

Bats biggest hint was that he never scum read any of the scum.

Ttk would have been worlds worst tracker had he been town.

Your role literally existed to hamper his ability. On what earth does your role being on the same team as his make sense?

Mafia goon was considered a non vanilla role btw not that it mattered since a two goon team versus a cop, day cop, tracker, doctor would have been hilariously weak.

cabot

Gorlak, your most obvious hint was your own power role, you were town aligned yet a counter to the tracker, should have rang alarm bells.

That and a tracker that claimed Day 2 being alive on Day 9 is pretty suspicious.

kudos to every player and bartenders! grats for completing BAR mafia!

gg scums

*still reeling*

oh and i will be sending BAR participants the questionnaire to fill out since now you've survived BAR MAFIA

Catvoca

Banned
Gorlak, your most obvious hint was your own power role, you were town aligned yet a counter to the tracker, should have rang alarm bells.

That and a tracker that claimed Day 2 being alive on Day 9 is pretty suspicious.

And that a cop had already cleared Nin as Vanilla town

Gorlak

Banned
So meta reasons... yay. It was designed by you guys.

I thought you maybe found it hilarious to have a vanilla cop only able to find 2 of 5 scum and a tracker only able to find the scum doing the kill ... you know both of them revealing every town pr, me still weakening the tracker.

Yeah, no info role for scum was a big argument, but I wanted to look at game behaviour as well.

Kawl_USC

Ttk ain't even awake to bask in his glory yet lol.

Also, nin for someone who said they were gonna tone down the abrasive style after Gafia 2 fallout, you sure managed to be a dick to people quite a few times. After this lylo performance don't really think you have a leg to stand on in admonishing others.

cabot

So meta reasons... yay. It was designed by you guys.

I thought you maybe found it hilarious to have a vanilla cop only able to find 2 of 5 scum and a tracker only able to find the scum doing the kill ... you know both of them revealing every town pr, me still weakening the tracker.

Yeah, no info role for scum was a big argument, but I wanted to look at game behaviour as well.

I dont like cops that give clear results, it was just luck that it happened to be so powerful in this game, if cat/mazre hit anyone but a vanilla, it was pretty useless.

Except one case: kyan claimed ordinary on day 2, and the result would have been an active contradiction.

You seemed to have applied too much personality to the game design, I like games to be a fair balance. This game was about a reasonably powerful scum team, powerful neutrals (one was killed early, the other was almost killed before he could do damage) and a relatively light Town with a lot of numbers and ordinaries.

In the end, The cop was a lot more powerful than I expected, though I should've adjusted the PM fluff to imply it would only clear vanilla town and no one else. One regret I have, that was only cleared through questions by cat and Mazre.

Top Bottom