• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Moto Racer 4 for PC, PS4, XBO

mdsfx

Not sure I've every played this series. Just how 'arcade' is it? Are we talking need for speed or burnout controls?

Wow, definitely looking forward to this. The first one was absolutely amazing. I wasn't so fond of the second one and didn't try the third one, but the original was so good that I'm definitely interested in this.

ramparter

Banned
I remember this series, good old ninties,never played them but remember the print being very positive. Always like seeing good retro games revived.

prudislav

steampage online
header.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/417430
+ E3 teaser trailer

DieH@rd

Banned
I wonder if the VR will be puke-fest when bikes are twiching so much "under" the player.

Still great news, PSVR needs more unique games.

Game been delayed to November iirc.

But yeah it looks quite fun :)

Edit: yep, Nov. 3rd here end of trailer
Rofl.. 5 posts above mine link to the same trailer... going back to sleep -_-

Im so confused as to why this game is coming back. I have been following and have played every motocross game since the beginning, and the Moto Racer franchise was damn near at the bottom of them all. Its only unique gimmick was that you could race both motocross bikes and moto gp bikes. Nothing special about them for them bring back the name. Especially with a 4 attached to the end of it.

Randy

I have fond memories of Moto Racer 2 and 3. Especially the last one, with the Trial Mode. Was such fun, also in local multiplayer. The fourth one looks a bit Power Rangers on bikes, but hey, it seems at least worth a try.

VVV Mars VG

Ah, he's just talking about the cut down VR mode.

I imagine we're going to see a lot of shit awful PS VR modes tacked onto games in the next year or so.

Yes that comment was related to the vomit inducing VR experience. Never been affected negatively by VR before, took some time to recover afterwards.

I really, REALLY loved Moto Racer 2, and the first game was incredible as well. They're two of the most fun motorcycle racing games ever made for sure! MR2 is not my favorite motorcycle racing game ever, but it's high on the list, in the top two or three for sure. But after that, the series sadly fell off quickly; Moto Racer 3 just is not the same at all, and after that it mostly died, apart from the fun but simple GBA game.

So am I excited for this? Well... not really; I would like to be, but need proof that it'll actually be a good game before I'll get too excited for it. The trailer has promise, but will it play as well as it looks?

Im so confused as to why this game is coming back. I have been following and have played every motocross game since the beginning, and the Moto Racer franchise was damn near at the bottom of them all. Its only unique gimmick was that you could race both motocross bikes and moto gp bikes. Nothing special about them for them bring back the name. Especially with a 4 attached to the end of it.
The first two Moto Racer games were really fantastic at the time, and still are among the most fun games in the genre. But why bring it back now? Because the series still has some name recognition, of course. Moto Racer was made by the French studio Delphine Software, and was designed by Paul Cuisset. Delphine went out of business some time ago, but Cuisset created a new studio several years back. That studio made the modern Flashback remake... which failed badly, in both sales and critical reception. After that that studio shut down. I presume that then Cuisset decided to try to get a new game made in his other popular '90s series, Moto Racer, and (the French publisher) Microids went along with that and is making this game, though Cuisset is involved as well.

So yeah, between Cuisset's iffy recent history and that Moto Racer hasn't been fantastic since the second game back in '99, I hope very much that the game is great, but I'm not expecting too much.

I really, REALLY loved Moto Racer 2, and the first game was incredible as well. They're two of the most fun motorcycle racing games ever made for sure! MR2 is not my favorite motorcycle racing game ever, but it's high on the list, in the top two or three for sure. But after that, the series sadly fell off quickly; Moto Racer 3 just is not the same at all, and after that it mostly died, apart from the fun but simple GBA game.

So am I excited for this? Well... not really; I would like to be, but need proof that it'll actually be a good game before I'll get too excited for it. The trailer has promise, but will it play as well as it looks?

The first two Moto Racer games were really fantastic at the time, and still are among the most fun games in the genre. But why bring it back now? Because the series still has some name recognition, of course. Moto Racer was made by the French studio Delphine Software, and was designed by Paul Cuisset. Delphine went out of business some time ago, but Cuisset created a new studio several years back. That studio made the modern Flashback remake... which failed badly, in both sales and critical reception. After that that studio shut down. I presume that then Cuisset decided to try to get a new game made in his other popular '90s series, Moto Racer, and (the French publisher) Microids went along with that and is making this game, though Cuisset is involved as well.

So yeah, between Cuisset's iffy recent history and that Moto Racer hasn't been fantastic since the second game back in '99, I hope very much that the game is great, but I'm not expecting too much.

I can't believe the man responsible for Flashback was responsible for its remake. That was dreadful. :( I hope this is good though.

Chille

So I got to play this at there office recently, got to try VR mode myself and play some of the game. Will be doing an impressions piece for psu.com.

I also got a fancy hat and poster. But my big head means the hat doesn't fit ;-;

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Sooo...this game is now out on shelves. As a fan of the original and it's dev, I'm wondering about it. Played well at Gamescom but there is literally no discussion about the final game happening right now. Anyone try it?

xrnzaaas

Sorry for the bump. :) Does anyone own the PS4 version? Is it allright? There are some nice sales for this game in my local stores and I'm always interested in playing a good racer.

Sorry for the bump. :) Does anyone own the PS4 version? Is it allright? There are some nice sales for this game in my local stores and I'm always interested in playing a good racer.

I have no idea, but given Paul Cuisset's recent development history I'd probably give this one a wide berth.

Isn't this the game which was pretty much a mobile game brought to consoles and the VR a vomit inducing mess?

xrnzaaas

Yeah, I was too lazy to read some reviews and watch some gameplay clips. Gonna wait for a Ride 2 sale instead.

Tizoc

Pardon the bump but this is gbp 10 over at gamesplanet and wanted to know if it reviewed positvely.

Top Bottom