• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK Metroid Samus Returns Special Edition CD, Artbook, Keyring, Metroid 2 VC code +

Shiggy

I don't think EU retailers have been given all the information to start selling it yet. Amazon UK has a £69.99 placeholder.

The new game in the Metro series:
screenshot2017-06-16a0yu9c.png

Well, I pre-ordered this.
Thanks for the heads up!

Yep ordered this. Bring on the amiibos. Thanks!

That's the normal edition, not the limited edition.

ZombAid82

The new game in the Metro series:

That's the normal edition, not the limited edition.

The price seems to be for the collector's edtioin.
Mostly they don't have a placeholder from 69,99 £ for a 3DS title, right?
Either way, they don't charge before and I can always cancel.

Shiggy

The price seems to be for the collector's edtioin.
Mostly they don't have a placeholder from 69,99 £ for a 3DS title, right?
Either way, they don't charge before and I can always cancel.

It's a placeholder price as Nintendo hasn't given details to retailers. I mean, even for the LE that price would be pretty high.

ktroopa

Steep at £69.99 but think that's a placeholder price as others have said. The listing should update shortly. StilI I made sure to assimilate the order before any metroid possibly could..

Dambrosi

Banned
This is now £39.99 so might not be the Special Edition

VT00Feg.png
Almost certainly isn't, but pre-ordered it anyway. I can just switch it out later for the LE when it becomes available, no sweat. What's important is getting your foot in the door.

Damn though, that's a nice LE we're getting. Now we just have to hope the Tories don't Hard Brexit us out of the EU out of sheer spite before it releases.

Shibata is the best damn president NoE has had, thats for sure.
Since the man entered they have been treating EU first rate 90% of the time.
Its also true we pay a little more for each game thanks to shitty money conversions though.

canocha

In Portugal Fates was Impossible to get, Echoes got a reprint or it didn't sell that much.

Wii U limited editions.. were limited indeed!

Tsunamo

Any UK/EU import friendly retailers that are stocking this that would ship to Australia? So sad that Nintendo Australia aren't doing either of the LE's.

From all these pre-order prices, i assume that the actual price of the LE will be about £64.99/€69.99

Much more expensive than i would have though (the Marjoras mask was only £44.99, whilst the fire emblems had a lot more expensive stuff included.)

Shiggy

Pre-Order for the Normal Editio´n in Germany is up, but again, with a very strange MSRP for a 3DS Game...

https://www.amazon.de/dp/B071X8YXVS/

They always have placeholder prices this high when they haven't received pricing information from the distributor/producer.

From all these pre-order prices, i assume that the actual price of the LE will be about £64.99/€69.99

Much more expensive than i would have though (the Marjoras mask was only £44.99, whilst the fire emblems had a lot more expensive stuff included.)

The game itself is EUR 44.99, the LE is probably EUR 59.99. FE Echoes was EUR 79.99 and had two Amiibo, which equal about EUR 30.
There aren't any preorder/placeholder prices for the LE yet.

-shadow-

I doubt it, I wouldn't be surprised if it Fire Emblem Fates size. Echoes was ridiculous, but in Europe it also contained both amiibo, which are missing here.

budpikmin

I doubt it, I wouldn't be surprised if it Fire Emblem Fates size. Echoes was ridiculous, but in Europe it also contained both amiibo, which are missing here.

The Europe box is the one I'm referring to. I suppose with the amiibo there's no way it would be that size

ZombAid82

It won't. It's the normal edition; if you want to order the SE, you need to order that one once it goes up.

I'm pretty sure, that you're right, but I pre-ordered nonetheless...
Now I've three pending orders, Spain, UK and Germany, all with the atrociously high MSRP^^

ZombAid82

None of them are the limited edition, that's not how it works ^^

Here's the cover for the normal edition already:

Way to go, destroying all my hope.
Nice move, Shiggy!
You definitely are the WiiMusic-Shiggy, destroyer of Dreams and Concepts! ;-)

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
This is now £39.99 so might not be the Special Edition

VT00Feg.png

Just a heads-up for people, myself included, that pre-ordered this temp listing that was listed as "Metro: Samus Returns"

Amazon UK has added a new listing which includes actual box art and release date. Don't know if it makes any real difference but you may want to update your orders as the placeholder one doesn't actually specify its from Nintendo.

vFS75rs.png

OLD: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B071G84MT8/

NEW: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B072X4S43N/

8bit

Knows the Score
89 CHF on Switzerland's world of games : https://www.wog.ch/index.cfm/details/product/58444-Metroid-Samus-Returns-Limited-Edition
Metroid: Samus Returns - Limited Edition

Brave the hostile terrain of an alien planet teeming with vicious life forms as legendary bounty hunter Samus Aran. Her mission? Terminate the Metroid menace in this masterful reimagining of her 1992 Game Boy adventure.

Samus Aran’s arsenal has been enhanced with new moves and abilities that are sure to help her face the deadly surprises that await. This intense, side-scrolling action platformer is a great entry point into the Metroid franchise and perfect for returning fans as well, and it’s available only on Nintendo 3DS family systems.

Special Eiditon Bonuscontent:

Download code for the original Game Boy game "Metroid II: Return of Samus" to be redeemed in Nintendo eShop
SteelBook
Sound-selection CD featuring 25 tracks from across the Metroid franchise
Gold "S" pin badge
Morph Ball 3D keyring
40-page artbook

Facts & Features:

This intense, side-scrolling action platformer has been completely remade with engaging and immersive 3D visuals and a rich, atmospheric color palette.
Classic Metroid II: Return of Samus gameplay is joined by a wealth of new content, including a set of brand new abilities that utilizes a mysterious energy resource called "Aeion", a powerful melee counterattack, and 360-degree Free Aim Mode.
There are plenty of secrets to find - and if you uncover enough of them, you may even start to unravel the mystery of Planet SR388’s past.
Two new amiibo figures (sold separately) - Samus Aran and Metroid - will be released as a set alongside the game. This game is also compatible with the Zero Suit Samus and Samus amiibo from the Super Smash Bros. series. Functionality details will be revealed at a later date

MicH

Man, that steelbook is so close to being amazing, but it's just ever so slightly off that it just looks bad.

Definitely still getting this if the price isn't too outlandish

Top Bottom