• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So, my ex texted me to tell me she is getting married

mavo

Banned
So basically we broke up a little bit more than a year ago after 3 years of being together on a very rocky passionate relationship. Last time we talked was 9 months ago when she wanted to me being tested for AIDS and got upset when i didn't do it and tell her to do it since i was sure i didn't have it.

Two day ago i woke up to her messages, and we talked nicely for a few hours until she told me she had a new partner and i was like "well you shouldn't have told me that" and told her to stop texting me and she got upset because i was not over her.

And today i wake up to her messages insulting me and i told her that she should forget about me and then after it she told me she was engaged and had forgot about me and how happy she was, that they were gonna move to london and what not; i found this pretty funny since she is only 22 and starting her second year of college, we did talk about marrying when we were gonna do it and that we are gonna do it, and frankly i always said yes but never too seriously and i always had doubts about getting married that young.

And when i told her that i dodged a bullet with her she said "i would have never gotten married with you, you are repulsive" which btw i ain't, im overweight but im good looking pal, well dressed, well groomed, and well i don't wanna be mean or anything because she is my ex and i loved her but she was kinda rough to look at (really bad acne which i didn't really care) so i remind her that she isn't one to talk and she started saying that i was so funny, that i was so deluded that she was gonna share our conversation and what not.

Frankly, it pisses me off that she will continue texting me even though she hates me according to her and wont leave me alone, and second that she thinks getting bad feelings because of your ex got someone new means you are still in love, is just the way it is, i told her that is obvious that she misses me but that doesnt mean that she is still in love or that she wanna be with me, which i don't think she wants, like she is getting married but what we shared we will always be there and it was both of us first serious relationship so thinking we are just gonna wake up one day and think about the other as just somebody is so weird. She actually lowkey asked me if i had a gf when we talked 2 days ago so i know she knows how it feels but she just ignores those feelings. One year is not a long time so i feel like she feels she should have 0 positive feelings for me to be with someone new or something like that.

Anyway i just wanted to get it off my chest because well it hurts but i already know how this shit is, i made up my mind a long time ago that i didnt wanna be with her and that she was gonna get someone new (don't care about the time really, for me is only funny in an outsider perspective because i feel is dumb being so young but she always kinda wanted that) and honestly im thinking of just acting like a real dick to her right now so she would leave me alone but at the same time i feel like she is gonna get hte wrong message if i do it "oh he is mad that means he still in love" or some shit like that.

Edit:
Also it pisses me off that she keeps texting me because we don't live on the same city nor have friends in common, she could have died the last few months and i would have never found out, the fact that she is bringing me back into her life pisses me to no end.

edit2:
She tested herself and she didnt have AIDS.

Wads

Banned
Your first mistake was not blocking the # and/or change your #. Block/ignore and move on. Why do you care what she thinks at all?

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
Why allow that toxicity to continue? Should have change your number a long time ago or block it

And when i told her that i dodged a bullet with her she said "i would have never gotten married with you, you are repulsive" which btw i ain't, im overweight but im good looking pal, well dressed, well groomed, and well i don't wanna be mean or anything because she is my ex and i loved her but she was kinda rough to look at (really bad acne which i didn't really care) so i remind her that she isn't one to talk

Come on man, you're acting childish here too. This isn't a contest.

Sounds borderline

Why allow that toxicity to continue?

Doesn't seem like it's all on her, frankly.

C.Mongler

Y'all both sound like you have your own personal issues related to your relationship you need to work through tbh. I wouldn't really say either one of you is "in the right" here.

On that note, most modern phones have the ability to block people. Block her. Stop talking to her. If she somehow finds another means to contact you, ignore her and block her there too. The fact that you even made this thread screams to me that contact with her is probably not good for you.

Also I don't know what the backstory on the AIDS thing is, but you should probably actually get that checked out. Just sayin'.

Cexc3bc.gif

mjc

Cut contact, don't entertain her. Exes that reach out like that are looking for attention and just serve to make things harder for you. Don't respond. Do not pass go.

mavo

Banned
Well, i blocked her tuesday number and today she sent me a message through another number.

I think im gonna get a new number, that would be better.

Block her, cut all ties. Who gives a fuck what she thinks. This will only get better for you when the cord is cut and she's just a random bitter memory.

Lol, just because she called you repulsive doesn’t necessarily means looks-wise but thank you for getting that self fellatio in there. It really added to the story.

Sephzilla

Well, i blocked her tuesday number and today she sent me a message through another number.

I think im gonna get a new number, that would be better.

Block the new number.

Also it seems like he's still pretty fixated on you considering she's supposed to be getting married to someone else. Sounds like a person who isn't stable

Do not talk to your exes. Do not respond to your exes. Do not maintain any sort of communication with your exes.

Cut all ties. Block all contacts. Close these doors so you can move on.

i think you mean "i'm still not over her"

And when i told her that i dodged a bullet with her she said "i would have never gotten married with you, you are repulsive" which btw i ain't, im overweight but im good looking pal, well dressed, well groomed, and well i don't wanna be mean or anything because she is my ex and i loved her but she was kinda rough to look at (really bad acne which i didn't really care) so i remind her that she isn't one to talk and she started saying that i was so funny, that i was so deluded that she was gonna share our conversation and what not.

Bittered too.

She's obviously not over you either. But it's pure toxic and will only lead to more pain and drama. You're basically fueling the fire right now, both of you are acting stupid.

Like everyone else is saying, cut off all contact.

Az

It looks like you don’t want to block her and to be honest by reading this wall od text it seems like you don’t “really” mind her texting you. Both of you will end up together again by next year

dl77

Re-reading it it does sound like you're both to blame. You were civil until you found out she was in a relationship and then told her to stop texting you.

She insults you, you insult her back, back and forward.

I think you've got to accept some of the blame for how this went.

Gonna echo everyone else here... Take it from someone who just got dumped out of a 5+ year relationship: just block her across all social media outlets, do the same with her number, and you'll feel a lot better. Especially if you still have feelings for her and she isn't the same way. You know she isn't worth your time, your heart just needs to learn from your brain.

Top Bottom