• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So, my ex texted me to tell me she is getting married

So is this gonna be a thread where OP actually takes the advice? or are we looking at a 6-12 month follow up where he's been sleeping with the Ex who will now be married and either:

a) OP has a new partner that he's also cheating on at the same time with Ex.
b) there's a pregnancy scare or some shit (for both Ex and new GF)
c) Ex's new husband finds out
d) OP needs help picking out baby names
e) all of the above

Take the hint OP, block her and move on — no point wasting time or energy on this. Also go get yourself tested.

TS-08

Well, because when we weren't physically together the only times we didn't talk on the phone at night was because i went out, she didn't like going out to nightclubs or bars, only eating or movies, not saying people that go out at night cheat on their partners, is just that if she would had multiple sexual partners that would worry about having aids it would be at night, and this brings to a second point where if she had another stable partner she could have contacted him instead of me.

And finally, when we were together one day i said what if you have an ETS, and she was like "No, you are such an idiot i have protected sex with my ex and he told me he his checkups came clean" and when she contacted me about the AIDS thing of course i asked her WHY was she feeling that and it was because she actually had unprotected sex with him.

I added to the OP that her test came clean. For me it was obvious that there was no risk and that she was just being crazy.

So she was with you for three years, she told you she had protected sex with her ex when it came up once, but months after you broke up she reached out to you to suggest you get tested because, whoops, she actually did have unprotected sex with the ex at some point before you two got together? Pretty odd stuff, OP.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
ITT: gaffers who need to move on, episode 142.

Normal folks(who have moved on) would get a text like this and would respond with either a snarky response or a supportive message, followed by a block or number delete.

Only a person who hasn't moved on would be like "Omg do you guys see this, this girl has not moved on, I am telling you she's a psycho !!

jwk94

No, she didn't wanna get back together, after she texted me the first time we talked normally (Because im an idiot and i answered her text) really fine actually and she dropped a "Oh well i have a bf now so we can just be friends" or something like that.

She may be lying about being engaged but i don't doubt she has a partner.
She may have a partner, but both of you guys definitely still have feelings for each other or you would've blocked her and not responded and she wouldn't have let you know about her engagement.

Rad-

Search for her fiance in Facebook and text him that you don't have your ex's number anymore so could he ask for you if her AIDS results got back yet.

Travo

You Know what to do, OP
wayne-church.gif

Izayoi

Banned
Not sure if it was mentioned, but OP:

Have you considered that she wanted you to get tested because she may have been exposed?

I would definitely, 100% get tested.

Bit-Bit

Not sure if it was mentioned, but OP:

Have you considered that she wanted you to get tested because she may have been exposed?

I would definitely, 100% get tested.
Nah bro, she said she's safe. She wouldn't just lie like that. I mean, it's not like she lied before about having unprotected sex with an ex.

Milennia

my ex used to do shit like this to me out of spite

blocked number, changed email, changed lots of things, deleted facebook

she literally wouldnt stop until i had no social media left lol

mavo

Banned
Normal folks(who have moved on) would get a text like this and would respond with either a snarky response or a supportive message, followed by a block or number delete.

Only a person who hasn't moved on would be like "Omg do you guys see this, this girl has not moved on, I am telling you she's a psycho !!

Never said i moved on, is been over a year and the flesh is weak, although mentally i do not wanna be with her, i try not to think about her at all, i do not fantasize of coming back.

And i don't think she wants to be with me neither, is just that is so annoying to think that she may talk to me again in a few months, of course is gonna be less hurtful, like i said there is nothing tying us together, so she texting me again, we talk a bit then tells me she has a partner (something i already knew since january because she already told me that), i tell her she shouldnt have told me that and that we should stop talking, she gets upset and say she will never talk to me again, and ofc she texts me today 2 days later to insult me and because im an idiot i let her push my buttons.

And i know, why would i get upset if i already knew? Well is a reminder and it also felt like she was rubbing it into my face, like i said before i feel bad for some of the things that happened so i apologized and after my apology she tells me about her new relationship, like she felt my apology was me asking her to be back which i dont think in anyway could have been interpreted from my apology at all.

Nah bro, she said she's safe. She wouldn't just lie like that. I mean, it's not like she lied before about having unprotected sex with an ex.

She sent me a pic of the test, i saw it, there is no HIV. I mean i can see why you guys took interest in that but it was such a non-issue for me. This is the same woman that one night cried because she thought a mole she have always had was skin cancer.

Reeks

It sounds like you both are trying to hurt each other. Let it go and try to think about how to handle future relationships with more maturity.

What is it with posting topics to an anonymous forum that we usually talk to our friends about? I get talking about a lifethreatening events, etc.

But this is literally "so, my ex texted me guys." All that's missing is being in the same room while playing a multiplayer game over some drinks. Maybe I'm just noticing it more.

You fucked up the moment you randomly talk to your ex after 9 months. Only reason she doing that is to manipulate and Fuck with your emotions.

And you letting her. Should have either not talked to her in the first place or fake "congratulations" and keep it moving.

Time to grow the fuck up, OP. I say it with all due respect but you acting straight up childish and it's sad. Find someone else. Too much out there to be pouting in this day and age. I mean for fucks sake you can just swipe to get some. Cmon son....

KoopaTheCasual

You both sound really immature. She sounds worse, but your responses are nothing to be proud about.

As the rest of the thread has stated, change numbers if she keeps getting around blocks. You don't need to stoke that fire. And it's good that you're fully aware of that.

Tell her that you can become super saiyan 3 now and that you're a grown man who watches anime.
Also do this before dodging her forever.

Top Bottom