• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So, my ex texted me to tell me she is getting married

LordKasual

Banned
Well, i blocked her tuesday number and today she sent me a message through another number.

I think im gonna get a new number, that would be better.

she's getting her fix off of knowing she's pissing you off

there is literally nothing you can do that will piss her off more than just ignoring her.

block that number too.

this isn't hard bro

So basically we broke up a little bit more than a year ago after 3 years of being together on a very rocky passionate relationship. Last time we talked was 9 months ago when she wanted to me being tested for AIDS and got upset when i didn't do it and tell her to do it since i was sure i didn't have it.

Two day ago i woke up to her messages, and we talked nicely for a few hours until she told me she had a new partner and i was like "well you shouldn't have told me that" and told her to stop texting me and she got upset because i was not over her.

And today i wake up to her messages insulting me and i told her that she should forget about me and then after it she told me she was engaged and had forgot about me and how happy she was, that they were gonna move to london and what not; i found this pretty funny since she is only 22 and starting her second year of college, we did talk about marrying when we were gonna do it and that we are gonna do it, and frankly i always said yes but never too seriously and i always had doubts about getting married that young.

And when i told her that i dodged a bullet with her she said "i would have never gotten married with you, you are repulsive" which btw i ain't, im overweight but im good looking pal, well dressed, well groomed, and well i don't wanna be mean or anything because she is my ex and i loved her but she was kinda rough to look at (really bad acne which i didn't really care) so i remind her that she isn't one to talk and she started saying that i was so funny, that i was so deluded that she was gonna share our conversation and what not.

Frankly, it pisses me off that she will continue texting me even though she hates me according to her and wont leave me alone, and second that she thinks getting bad feelings because of your ex got someone new means you are still in love, is just the way it is, i told her that is obvious that she misses me but that doesnt mean that she is still in love or that she wanna be with me, which i don't think she wants, like she is getting married but what we shared we will always be there and it was both of us first serious relationship so thinking we are just gonna wake up one day and think about the other as just somebody is so weird. She actually lowkey asked me if i had a gf when we talked 2 days ago so i know she knows how it feels but she just ignores those feelings. One year is not a long time so i feel like she feels she should have 0 positive feelings for me to be with someone new or something like that.

Anyway i just wanted to get it off my chest because well it hurts but i already know how this shit is, i made up my mind a long time ago that i didnt wanna be with her and that she was gonna get someone new (don't care about the time really, for me is only funny in an outsider perspective because i feel is dumb being so young but she always kinda wanted that) and honestly im thinking of just acting like a real dick to her right now so she would leave me alone but at the same time i feel like she is gonna get hte wrong message if i do it "oh he is mad that means he still in love" or some shit like that.

Edit:
Also it pisses me off that she keeps texting me because we don't live on the same city nor have friends in common, she could have died the last few months and i would have never found out, the fact that she is bringing me back into her life pisses me to no end.

You probably should get over her, though, and block her. Like, you don't want her in your life anymore but are still open to receiving texts? You're being petty. Just move on.
Well, i blocked her tuesday number and today she sent me a message through another number.

Wait wut. She's sending you messages through different phones? This is a mess. You're right, get a new number so you can never be contacted by her.

Mortemis

Banned
Sounds like you wanna keep talking to her tbh. Unless you somehow don't know how to block a number?

Edit: alright she got a new number. Block that too. Don't ever respond.

vypek

Your post makes you both seem a bit petty and childish with some stuff to work through. You can easily stop this by blocking her number. Its a fix that takes 10 seconds tops to do

scoobs

Had a similar situation to this myself. It sounds hard, but cutting off ALL contact is the only way to completely move on. Social media, text, all of it. Block her forever.

She called him out of the blue after not speaking for months and it's on him? what in the actual fuck????
He said not all on her, no that it’s all him. And yeah, starting to insult her looks and corny drama shit is weak as fuck. Hang up and block them, not get into some childish tantrum with them.

I know right? Dude gets cut up and you have the usual gaf posters come out with the "maybe it's YOUR fault". JFC
Maybe if you’re not able to read since he original poster that was quoted said nothing of the sort.

llien

Your motives are interesting.
Why didn't you block her?
How badly "not over" it really is for you?

Anyhow, I'm with "block and move on" camp.

Futureman

you live in different cities. Just ignore and block. Don't even read the messages.

also you should have just got tested for AIDS.

She called him out of the blue after not speaking for months and it's on him? what in the actual fuck????

I didn't say, or imply, that it was "on him."

I said "you're acting childish here too" and "Doesn't seem like it's all on her"
Do you think that what OP has said isn't childish and inappropriate?

you have the usual gaf posters come out with the "maybe it's YOUR fault"

Reading comprehension is difficult?

He said not all on her, no that it's all him.

[...]

Maybe if you're not able to read since he original poster that was quoted said nothing of the sort.

Exactly.

mavo

Banned
If you had played it cool, you could have been invited to the wedding and then done something really embarrassing.

I actually told her that "If i invited you to my wedding you are damn sure you wouldn't come"

And anyway saying im a dick, i know im a fucking dick, i know i should have simply ignored her but bohoo im an idiot.

And when i said rocky relationship it was an understatement, our relationship was pretty passionate both ways (in Mexico we call this apache love).

And when we broke up the next few months she kinda texted me somedays like just a "." and i went nuclear super fast, so my feelings are that she should 100% dont wanna have any contact with me, when we talked in January i was kinda calmer then but she was super pretty upset with me all the time although she soften up and implied that she still loved me.

So, because i was a dick to her a lot, and a dick may be an understatement, im surprised that she still contacts me after all this time.

kotor22

Lol she wants your attention, she likes that you arent over her. My advice is just block her or just erase her number or rename it 'Uncle Jimmy' or something weird if you really dont want to erase it. Just ignore her.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Your post makes you both seem a bit petty and childish with some stuff to work through. You can easily stop this by blocking her number. Its a fix that takes 10 seconds tops to do

Yup.
Should have just congratulated her and left it at that.

EDIT: Also, go get tested.

DonShula

If you ever communicate with this person again you have done something wrong.

Toxic and unnecessary are the two best words for your interactions with her.

Forget she exists.

Ronin Ray

Just be ultra Patty find her new boyfriend and be like why won't your chick leave me alone and text him all the messages.

Don't do this

Also, wait a minute...

So basically we broke up a little bit more than a year ago after 3 years of being together on a very rocky passionate relationship. Last time we talked was 9 months ago when she wanted to me being tested for AIDS and got upset when i didn't do it and tell her to do it since i was sure i didn't have it.

OP, can't you take the hint?
She was cheating on you and sleeping around while you were still together.
Like, what the heck - get tested.

He said not all on her, no that it's all him. And yeah, starting to insult her looks and corny drama shit is weak as fuck. Hang up and block them, not get into some childish tantrum with them.

Poorly worded. I don't believe any of this on him, not that I think he meant it was all on him. Immature response or not.

I didn't say, or imply, that it was "on him."

I said "you're acting childish here too" and "Doesn't seem like it's all on her"
Do you think that what OP has said isn't childish and inappropriate?

See above. Also this is like criticizing someone punching back after being blindsided. I would absolutely livid if my ex pulled some shit like this. The OP's mistake was picking up the phone. I suppose it wasn't a total blind side but still ...

Jeeeesus, she sounds like a catch.
Block, it's the only way.

She's someone else's problem now.

wtf... she changed numbers to message you.
She sounds insane.

When someone sends me some bullshit what I do is not reply. I ignore it. Block and move on. Wtf does bickering back and forth do?

Just gonna echo what everyone said. Block all her numbers. It takes her 10$ to get a new number, it takes you less than 10 seconds to make it useless. If she persist then get a restraining order.

Plus you might want to take that Aids test just in case.

mavo

Banned
Also, wait a minute...

OP, can't you take the hint?
She was cheating on you and sleeping around while you were still together.
Like, what the heck - get tested.

I mean when you said it like that LOL. But it was because of her ex, whom she couldn't contact.

And also, she took the test and it came negative of course, so no, i don't have aids...unless somebody new but nah i dont think so.

ty_hot

There is something off in the story. Why would she eep writting you, why would you keep answering. Its clear that both or are not over each other. Seems like some big shit happened and you broke up, then now she just wants to rub in your face that she is past you (when she clearly isnt).

I wouldnt change my number, would just ignore her, delete messages before reading them in case she uses another number (I mean, you read the first few words and you will know its here, stop reading, delete, block again).

Why you doing this to yourself? She isn't owed any of your time, personally I would have been like "oh that's nice" and stopped responding/blocked her once it became apparent that she's just trying to get a rise. If she keeps messaging you from different numbers, which is hella weird btw, don't engage, just ignore and block.

"New phone who dis" or "it's time for you to move on" are also acceptable closing messages.

Top Bottom