• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct strikes back on the 27th featuring Iwata-Kun~ & Love Plus [Over]

Jeels

Missed the event, but happy we got a new BD trailer.

Those Mario Pants and Mushroom 3DS' are so good looking. Why can't we buy them. :(

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Motion capture studio, eh?
...But isn't MC used for games with realistic characters? Maybe Iwata has teased in the most obscure way possible the first western like Nintendo game (...after Disaster)

Fantastical

Death Prophet
...But isn't MC used for games with realistic characters? Maybe Iwata has teased in the most obscure way possible the first western like Nintendo game (...after Disaster)

I was kind of thinking that too. I'm hoping we'll see a Wii U game at E3, and we're like "OHHHHHH". It'll be a game about a gymnast. :p

tsab

You thought Zelda Skyward Sword's (for example) animation wasn't done with mocap?

Not really. Motion Capture can be used across a lot of different art styles. Zelda could benefit from it, and other non-realistic games could as well.

GCX

What do you mean "could"? Zelda games have been using motion capture since OoT.
Yeah, iirc OOT was the first Nintendo game that used motion capture. Most of the animations were done by hand but there's a little bit MC here and there.

kiryogi

Banned
Hrm I really don't mind the Snake Eater controls...

Theathrhythm was pretty easy until hard. . . Hard was WTF. Only one song and it's FF6 Boss. It's a tease though as it also has the ff13 battle theme in the music select playing in the bgm. Good to know the challenge is there, guess I should put a preorder in.

Rhythm Thief was interesting, there seems to be 4 different styles of play. The first is touchscreen slide motions, second is a simon says with the poses vis touch screen, the third used A/B, and finally the fourth used dpad and A timed inputs. Don't know how I feel about, but there's a certain amount of charm to it

RE:R is downloaded but havent touched it yet, currently playing Snake Eater. The game really doesn't look any better in person vs the screenshots, but as mentioned above, the controls aren't too bad either... ABXY for camera, R for action, L for weapon ready, down dpad for crouch, left/right for quick equip. Hasn't been too bad, the demo seems to be Operation Virtuous Mission. I love the new CQC changes, you get prompts on what to do versus the convoluted pressure mess in the original. Also when you damage something, it pops up with a circle telling you what kind of damage it was just like Peace Walker.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Accrding to someone who already played it, RE:R demo has every language possible, even italian.

kiryogi

Banned
Accrding to someone who already played it, RE:R demo has every language possible, even italian.

Just finished Snake Eater and loading it up now. It's pretty nice! Display languages available: English, Japanese, Spanish, French, German, Italian. Audio languages available: English, Japanese.

Neat bit in the options too is that you can enable the Circle Pad Pro, you can also adjust the 3d slider strength.

Mercs demo this is not.

ugoo18

He was on the same episode as this guy I think.

U4mqX.gif

PLEASE TELL ME WHAT THAT GIF IS FROM

watershed

Banned
Great to hear about online multiplayer in Kid Icarus but until we get 2nd slider support its hard to get excited about the idea of a combat focused multiplayer mode.

Kiki trick has live action video!?

Chances of localisation = zero squared :(

Nintendo have been using MoCap for their games ever since Ocarina of Time.

Top Bottom