• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general advice thread, part 3 | Veni, vidi, Vita

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ponn

Banned
Certainly do! Have nearly 70 hours in Devil Survivor 2 and still have at least 2 more playthroughs to do.

Awesome, we share tastes in games then. I put Kid Icarus on hold on my 3DS because i'm having a blast with Devil Survivor Overclocked. I was debating getting Devil Survivor 2 or wait and see if they do a version for 3DS. I still having beaten PE3P either, that is still sitting on my Vita. Handheld overload.

Uncharted is around 3,4 gb. Hot Shots is around 1,3 gb. You should be fine with a 6gb :)

Awesome, will be downloading them tonight. Must say, it's an incredibly impressive piece of tech, the screen alone is pretty breathtaking and the added bonus of having a pretty large selection of PSP titles is great for those long droughts.

Ghosts of Sparta for example - incredible. Awfully tempted to pick up Chains as well. Shame the Valkyria games aren't on there yet.

Koroviev

Awesome, we share tastes in games then. I put Kid Icarus on hold on my 3DS because i'm having a blast with Devil Survivor Overclocked. I was debating getting Devil Survivor 2 or wait and see if they do a version for 3DS. I still having beaten PE3P either, that is still sitting on my Vita. Handheld overload.

Overclocked is excellent. I'm on Day 6, preparing to face
Belial
. Overclocked did very poorly in sales, so I wouldn't hold my breath for an enhanced edition of Devil Survivor 2. Barring Atsuro, I really prefer the cast of Devil Survivor 2.

I'm going to pick up P3P at some point, but not until I finish FES on PS3.

And handhelds are awesome. Much easier to pick up and play throughout the day. My poor PS3 hasn't been turned on in weeks :(

Number45

If I want to backup individual games on the Vita, I assume I just use the Content Manager and go through Copy Content > Applications > Applications and then select the games? And this backs up both installed data and saves?

Want to back up and remove some games, but I'm not too fussed about backup up everything.

Drame

Grabbed Gods Eater Burst after the positive impressions from this thread and it is indeed a nice little MonHun game.

I actually prefer the more laid back and faster action compared to Monster Hunter's tactical aproach and having a story in MonHum game is a plus too. The second analog stick really does wonders for the MonHun games in general. So much easier to play for my hands, no more claw-grip!

So far I haven't encountered anything hard like, say, Tigrex during the couple first runs. But think I'll get my butt handed to me sooner or later.

Two thumbs up for Gods Eater.

cyborg009

Banned
Awesome, will be downloading them tonight. Must say, it's an incredibly impressive piece of tech, the screen alone is pretty breathtaking and the added bonus of having a pretty large selection of PSP titles is great for those long droughts.

Ghosts of Sparta for example - incredible. Awfully tempted to pick up Chains as well. Shame the Valkyria games aren't on there yet.

Valkyria II is around for 22 bucks with all DLC if you search, GOW:CO is good but way too short....

One last thing, I'm sure the majority already have it, but if you own one of those beauties and haven't bought Mutant Blob, you don't deserve nice things.

Incredible game, didn't think much of the PS3 release (well, didn't play it all that much), but I'm positively hooked on the vita version. Now here's hoping they bring TerRover over.

Valkyria II is around for 22 bucks with all DLC if you search, GOW:CO is good but way too short....

I was looking earlier, but didn't see it. Thanks for the heads up.

I'm near the end at both Uncharted and Rayman Origins. I was looking for a new game to get but not sure what, any recommendations? A game with progression would preferable but not exclusively so.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Quick question.

My friend was using his BT headset to play online with me.
He said he could only get the game audio to output via the headset, and not the Vita.

Is there a way?

curious how Trials looks on vita.

Ys 7 looks awful imo.

And with near zero chance of the sequels coming out on psn (weird dual UMD thing). I'd probably just wait it out for the inevitable steam port (with better framerate and effects).

Koroviev

curious how Trials looks on vita.

Ys 7 looks awful imo.

And with near zero chance of the sequels coming out on psn (weird dual UMD thing). I'd probably just wait it out for the inevitable steam port (with better framerate and effects).

Yeah, I can't really justify the Ys games on Vita when they look so nice on PC.

spats

Remote play. What exactly will this allow me to do if I set it up?

You can control your ps3 through your Vita. Certain psn games and all ps1 games are playble using it.

I'm in bed about to go to sleep but I set my ps3 to download the Dragon's Dogma demo, so it's occasionally pretty nifty for things like that. Vido streaming is nice too.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
You can control your ps3 through your Vita. Certain psn games and all ps1 games are playble using it.

After trying it for the first time recently, I don't think it's something I'd bother with often due to the poor image quality and lag, but it is pretty neat that I can watch videos that are on my PC by using the PS3's Windows Media Center through Remote Play. All three of my favorite tech toys working in harmony...it's a beautiful thing.

I'm in bed about to go to sleep but I set my ps3 to download the Dragon's Dogma demo, so it's occasionally pretty nifty for things like that. Vido streaming is nice too.

I only do this to start up downloads on the PS3 from the bathroom (yeah I am that impatient) or if the tv is being used.

Oh damn, that sounds great.

After trying it for the first time recently, I don't think it's something I'd bother with often due to the poor image quality and lag, but it is pretty neat that I can watch videos that are on my PC by using the PS3's Windows Media Center through Remote Play. All three of my favorite tech toys working in harmony...it's a beautiful thing.

Bah, is the lag really bad? I had an idea to play SH1 in bed. The video thing sounds great though.

I think that does it, I'll be informing my mate that I'm interested. Incredible piece of tech.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Bah, is the lag really bad? I had an idea to play SH1 in bed. The video thing sounds great though.

I think that does it, I'll be informing my mate that I'm interested. Incredible piece of tech.

To be fair, I haven't done much gaming via remote play outside of like 10 minutes with PixelJunk Eden. My experience with lag was mostly in navigating the XMB. It probably just depends on how sensitive you are to it.

Oppo

Remote Play is only really practical for viewing media. The number of games that support it, and the lag performance (currently anyway) is not really very good for games. Movies and such obviously can buffer.

Probably the neatest trick with RP is that it works with DLNA servers that are connected. i.e. my Mac is serving up DLNA to the PS3, so I can stream anything the PS3 can see on my main media drive to anywhere in the world on the Vita via the internet.

To be fair, I haven't done much gaming via remote play outside of like 10 minutes with PixelJunk Eden. My experience with lag was mostly in navigating the XMB. It probably just depends on how sensitive you are to it.

Cool, I think I'll check it out. Playing SH1 in bed would be damn amazing.

Remote Play is only really practical for viewing media. The number of games that support it, and the lag performance (currently anyway) is not really very good for games. Movies and such obviously can buffer.

Probably the neatest trick with RP is that it works with DLNA servers that are connected. i.e. my Mac is serving up DLNA to the PS3, so I can stream anything the PS3 can see on my main media drive to anywhere in the world on the Vita via the internet.

I never found it to be viable for viewing media due to how blurry everything looked. Now that I got smart phones and tablets that can stream shit better, remote play pretty much only exists for traditional controls for Lair back in the day ;P

spats

Cool, I think I'll check it out. Playing SH1 in bed would be damn amazing.

playing works fine with Remote Play, at least it did for Final Fantasy V, but it's far from optimal. Proper emulation should come soon, propably around E3 if I had to venture a guess. Such a shame they had to ship the system without native Ps1 support.

playing works fine with Remote Play, at least it did for Final Fantasy V, but it's far from optimal. Proper emulation should come soon, propably around E3 if I had to venture a guess. Such a shame they had to ship the system without native Ps1 support.

I'd love for this to happen. Playing SH1 or Legacy of Kain on the go would be a dream come true.

You can't. Brilliant, I know. I just keep downloading already downloaded tracks so that they don't show up as a number.

Dear. God.

I'm near the end at both Uncharted and Rayman Origins. I was looking for a new game to get but not sure what, any recommendations? A game with progression would preferable but not exclusively so.

Motorstorm RC is good (especially for a free game)
Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus if you havent played the original
UMVC3. Maybe this is just me but I have never got into fighters unless it was a handheld.
Tekken: Dark Ressurection on PSP <3
Since there's no Tekken on Vita yet UMVC3 is my fix.

double edit:
Decided to look up Tekken 6 from PSP... still 40 dollars on PSN. Fuck you Namco Bandai. Fuck you right in the pooper.
Shit it's not just Tekken they still have Ace Combat Joint Assualt at 40 too. Holy shit Namco Bandai needs to drop these damn prices.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I just saw on Reddit that apparently a glitch allowed some Europeans to purchase and download a PS1 game.

X5nLd.jpg

Pk2sD.jpg

Hopefully the store page is a little more evidence that PSOne games purchased for the PSP or PS3 will still work with Vita and it wont be a separate purchase/download.

I am loving UMVC3 on this system but man how in the hell am I supposed to do some of these missions without a fight stick? The Analog stick and buttons can be cumbersome to try and pull of some of those combos.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I just saw on Reddit that apparently a glitch allowed some Europeans to purchase and download a PS1 game.

X5nLd.jpg

Pk2sD.jpg

Hopefully the store page is a little more evidence that PSOne games purchased for the PSP or PS3 will still work with Vita and it wont be a separate purchase/download.

If this is true, I will fuckin rage and abandon Sony if this happens. I already bought a PSone game and tied it to my account and I need to buy it again?!

Chesskid1

Banned

X5nLd.jpg

Pk2sD.jpg

omg new thread please. ps1 release imminent imo

ps1 games background yay :)

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
omg new thread please. ps1 release imminent imo

ps1 games background yay :)

Well I should note that the guy cannot actually play the thing and gets errors when he opens it, so yeah it is just backgrounds. Didn't think a new thread would be worth it for backgrounds.

CLEEK

I hope we get more fighting games for the Vita.I would love to see a Street Fighter game on it.

Street Fighter x Tekken is due in September, MK has been announced.

Not forgetting the PSP is host to some ace fighters. Street Fighter Alpha 3 looks amazing on the Vita, as does Darkstalkers Chronicles. The Vita's d-pad is a thing of wonder for fighters. Then there's Powerstone Collection, Tekken DR, Tekken 6, Soul Calibur: Broken Destiny and I'm sure others that I've forgotten about.

shinjijai

I am loving UMVC3 on this system but man how in the hell am I supposed to do some of these missions without a fight stick? The Analog stick and buttons can be cumbersome to try and pull of some of those combos.

i had doubts at first, but the more you practice then you'll be able to pull off those combos for mission. all the missions are doable with the vita control scheme. i really wish there was an extra shoulder button for dash.

Ponn

Banned
Only the Buzz Lightyear game will be available to transfer to start. Everything else will be TBA and we will have to wait on them like we did for them to get released. Square Enix starts laughing at us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom