• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: inFamous: Second Son is a PS4 launch title

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Holy shit if true. I was expecting early 2014. It's currently my most anticipated PS4 title. inFamous was the game that proved to me open world games can be fun and 2 was even better.

Nemesis_

I kind of assumed this.

Is there any detriment to Sony releasing their bigger franchises all together at launch? If not I don't see why Sony wouldn't bring this out at launch.

PaulloDEC

I'd assumed this too, though confirmation would be great. I'm with Lagspike, Killzone + inFamous sounds like a killer launch.

Jarnet87

original.gif

JB1981

As a prospective PS4 owner I wish I could say I'm excited to hear this. I have tried to like the Infamous games but I actually don't at all. I think they kind of suck actually

Sweet. I'm going to buy so many launch games for PS4; inFAMOUS, KZ, DriveClub, Watch_Dogs, Knack... my wallet is gonna be hungry.

Massa

I would expect the 4 games SCE showed to be their 4 retail launch titles, unless they run into problems.

Mifune

Mehmber
I'm only about a quarter of the way through the original game and holy fuck is it fun. I stayed away for so long because I hated the demo, but that was a terrible representation of the game.

So I'm excited about this, although hopefully Sony still has something up its sleeve for the post-launch drought. Would've thought that this would be an ideal candidate for that since the launch looks pretty stacked already when you factor in third party stuff.

We should know by now that games rarely meet the original deadline. Take as long as you need Sp. Infamous is my favorite Sony IP so dont rush for launch

Drive club
Watch Dogs
Killzone: SF
Infamous: Second Son

Edit: Not to mention AC4, BF4 and anything not announced yet.

...best launch ever confirmed?

Drive club
Watch Dogs

I dont know but all the talk about lack of titles at launch for the new consoles is probably bollocks. These teams have had years to work on new titles snd actually have experience with a modern system

Mifune

Mehmber
Don't forget about The Witness, either. That's a "launch window" title that very well could make launch day.

Boss Man

Drive club
Watch Dogs

BF4 and also Knack, which people are really overlooking. Though of course people say they want new IPs lol.

BF4 is probably going to be huge on next-gen consoles.

KAL2006

Banned
4 Exclusive Launch games
inFamous
Killzone
Drive Club
Knack

Sony has 3 genres covered, FPS, Racer and Sandbox action game. One you add 3rd party with that with games like Battlefield 4 and Watch Dogs, the launch will be crazy. I think this time launch line up is more important than ever, as both Durango and PS4 are likely to come out at the same time, and are fighting for the same conumer, this is the same as PS3 and Wii coming out around the same time, as the those 2 consoles were far too different from each other. Durango and PS4 are going to be more similar so we need exclusive games to sell us and be the differentiator. I reckon both Sony and MS are going to blow their load and announce every PS4/Durango exclusives that are coming in their first 2 years.

I thought Killzone and DriveClub were launch titles while Infamous was a 3-6 months later (I figured the usual June) "launch window" title.

If true, has any console ever launched with so many new games from multi-million selling franchises?

Top Bottom