• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: inFamous: Second Son is a PS4 launch title

Derrick01

Banned
BF4 and also Knack, which people are really overlooking. Though of course people say they want new IPs lol.

Which is a shame because graphically it was the best thing they showed at the sony event. And Cerny is working on it. It has a better chance at being good than assassin's creed 9 or any other AAAAAA game has.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Kind of what I expected, but still, Infamous and Killzone (plus Driveclub?) on day 1 would make for a pretty awesome launch.

ironcreed

Banned
Works for me. hopefully KZ: Shadow Fall and Drive Club will be there on launch day as well. Looking like a very solid launch.

Nibel

Obviously...shit if all that is there, it'll be the first time I buy 4 fucking launch games lol.

The diversity is great: a FPS, a racing game, a open-world-game and whatever Knack is :lol

Vita had good diversity as well and I'm glad to see that they try to continue that trend on PS4

I thought Killzone and DriveClub were launch titles while Infamous was a 3-6 months later (I figured the usual June) "launch window" title.

If true, has any console ever launched with so many new games from multi-million selling franchises?

I hope the titles have good legs. Sony is prolly gonna be out of ammo for several months after that unless we get surprise Last Guardian announcement or something ridicilous.

At least 3rd party support sounds to be good enough to push Durango+PS4 in the first few months even if most titles are cross gen.

Yeah I'm preeeetty damn sure knack will be better than killzone. I'm interested in drive club, infamous and knack the most right now.

Killzone is an already tired franchise to me

I guess SCE wants to dispel the whole PS3 has no game meme with a new one for PS4; PS4 has too much game. Also a problem with the PS3 launch was launching without familiar franchises. Instead we got Resistance and Motorstorm.

I hope the titles have good legs. Sony is prolly gonna be out of ammo for several months after that unless we get surprise Last Guardian announcement or something ridicilous.

At least 3rd party support sounds to be good enough to push Durango+PS4 in the first few months even if most titles are cross gen.

The artist formerly known as Versus: Final Fantasy XV!

ironcreed

Banned
Yeah, can't forget about Knack. Game looks like it will be the perfect change of pace with a nice mix of charm and some impressive tech. Overall, the launch is shaping up to be very balanced.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Sony's probably targetting inFamous and Killzone for launch, with only one being out day 1 and the other coming a few months later. Gives them some wiggle room if one needs more time.

Man, I'm going to be fucking broke after this launch no matter what. I'm already planning on four games for launch and we don't even know the whole lineup yet. This is insane. On top of that I always get a spare controller and want to get a new pair of headphones. Hopefully there's a PS4 equivalent of the Pulse Headset.

Please be true.

This would be the game to get me to buy a PS4 at launch no question.

Do it Sony, please do it. So Nate Fox doesn't go crazy.

To continue the Playstation love-in here I'll say with KZ:SF, Knack, DriveClub and Infamous looking very likely part of the launch line-up, it could indeed rank as one of the best launch line-ups in recent times (don't forget Watchdogs).

I guess SCE wants to dispel the whole PS3 has no game meme with a new one for PS4; PS4 has too much game. Also a problem with the PS3 launch was launching with familiar franchises. Instead we got Resistance and Motorstorm.

Vita had this problem. It had a GREAT launch lineup but it was so front loaded that it had the ''no games'' effect for following months even when people probably didn't take a second look at the launch lineup.

It is much better strategy to have a constant stream of releases than have insane amount of releases on launch and go to the Wii U mode afterwards. Launch titles tend to get buried under the best launch titles and kinda be ''forgotten''.

Well I always assumed I'd be getting this along with my PS4. It's been a while since Infamous 2 so Sucker Punch will have had plenty of time to get this finished by launch.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Yeah I'm preeeetty damn sure knack will be better than killzone. I'm interested in drive club, infamous and knack the most right now.

Killzone is an already tired franchise to me

I recently played through KZ3 for the first time (I've owned it for quite a while, just never got around to it). After all the comments about how it's a much worse game than KZ2 I didn't expect very much, but man, I thought it was a pretty damn great FPS. And I'm generally not much of an FPS fan. So yeah, I'm really looking forward to KZ:SF.

Mifune

Mehmber
Which is a shame because graphically it was the best thing they showed at the sony event. And Cerny is working on it. It has a better chance at being good than assassin's creed 9 or any other AAAAAA game has.

Indeed. People say that it looks too basic but what's funny is I've been replaying the original Spyro, a game that is about as basic as it gets, and it's still just pure fun.

DieH@rd

Banned
Watch_Dogs, Assassin's Creed and inFamous.. Holy shit that's so awesome.

Yeah. Maybe Sony should target relase of Second Son for EU launch. I also think that EU would riot if US got Drive Club before them.

Its gonna be an interesting launch no matter what happens.

So to recap we have at launch:

-Watch Dogs
-Driveclub
-Killzone: Shadow Fall
-Assassin's Creed 4
-Knack
-Infamous: Second Son (strong possibility)

With possibly:

-Battlefield 4
-COD

+
Unannounced titles

Jesus Christ.

Cyberia

Well if the game will be released at launch it's been in development for 2,5 years. Sounds reasonable to me. Also given the fact that the studio expanded since inFamous 2 (back then around 70 employees). Now they have over 100.

puWxPUT.png

https://twitter.com/SuckerPunchProd/status/314145991223820288

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
Very good news if stays on schedule. Id say PS4 needs at least 3 AAA titles at launch.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Vita had this problem. It had a GREAT launch lineup but it was so front loaded that it had the ''no games'' effect for following months even when people probably didn't take a second look at the launch lineup.

It is much better strategy to have a constant stream of releases than have insane amount of releases on launch and go to the Wii U mode afterwards. Launch titles tend to get buried under the best launch titles and kinda be ''forgotten''.
Sony's in an amazing position to have a steady flow of titles over the course of their first year. Their studios have been working on PS4 projects for a while now since mant have split into two teams. If all of them elease a game every couple of months they could potentially have a couple big excuisives every quarter until 2015 and by then the second teams could be gearing up to have games ready. It's really exciting and I hope they can pull it off.

Mifune

Mehmber

-Watch Dogs
-Driveclub
-Assassin's Creed 4
-Knack

With possibly:

-Battlefield 4
-COD

+Unannounced titles

Jesus Christ.

And surely a slew of indie games on PSN as well, like The Witness.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
inFAMOUS is one of my favorite new IPs of this generation. If Second Son is a launch title, well, dammit, I'm getting a PS4 on launch.

Basically Killzone, inFAMOUS, and Watch Dogs are pushing me to get a PS4. inFAMOUS is a system seller for me. Honestly, those three are enough to warrant me picking up a PS4, even though I usually try to wait for 5 or more games before I take the plunge, but I'd probably buy one if only Second Son was a launch title.

All I know is that I can't wait to go to E3 this year. I'm all set and ready to go, and the convention center is within walking distance of my apartment.

Sounds brilliant if true. Let them confirm Versus or Last Guardian for 2014 and itll be one of the best launch windows for a console.

ironcreed

Banned

-Watch Dogs
-Driveclub
-Assassin's Creed 4
-Knack

With possibly:

-Battlefield 4
-COD

Jesus Christ.

My wallet is already crying, but I plan to pay on the system and some games as the year progresses, so that will ease the pain. Will need at least two games at launch.

DieH@rd

Banned
Knack/Killzone/Infamous would make an awesome launch 1st party lineup. Drive Club however can be pushed as main attraction of the EU launch, together with one more game that will be announced at GDC/E3/Gamescom/TGS.

-Watch Dogs
-Driveclub
-Assassin's Creed 4
-Knack

With possibly:

-Battlefield 4
-COD

+Unannounced titles

Jesus Christ.
Also for what its worth Sony has higly likely been working on Planetside 2 for PS4 for a while now but as a F2P title it is a lil different.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

The two situations aren't comparable at all I'd say.

Sony had a handful of studios working on Vita projects. Obviously every single studio is already working on something for the PS4 or will be pretty soon.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
I bought 5 launch games for my Vita.

Then I bought 5 more PSP titles I had never owned or played the same day. I was swamped with stuff to play. Still am, actually.

Hopefully the PS4 will be the same way.

Top Bottom