• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BioShock Infinite PC Performance Thread

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
2 questions

How much more is the DL to finish the pre-load and what is the size of the texture pack?

Some people have said they needed to download an additional 200MB or so, though I'm rather certain I didn't have to download any additional data, and it's still uncertain as to whether or not there is supposed to be a texture pack.

I changed the FieldOfView setting to =150 and cranked the in-game slider all the way to the right and it looks pretty good to me.

So I can set it =90? Is that in the .ini?

I can't stand that shit when it's over 120 and you see the player viewmodels arms all outstretched, looks ugly

sflufan

Banned
So there are no quicksaves/save anywhere like in the original? It's all checkpoints and auto-saves?

Way to take a step backwards, Irrational!

Grief.exe

So I can set it =90? Is that in the .ini?

I can't stand that shit when it's over 120 and you see the player viewmodels arms all outstretched, looks ugly

Keep in mind 90 is different depending on whether it is vertical or horizontal FOV.

So there are no quicksaves/save anywhere like in the original? It's all checkpoints and auto-saves?

Way to take a step backwards, Irrational!

Fuck.

Damn this game is screenshot heaven.
Cant wait to see Jims work.

There is a HUD. I can't disable it. UE3 commands don't work when binded like in the first 2 games. I won't hack in no-clip until I figure out the HUD situation anways. So I'll just be playing the game for now :)

I changed the FieldOfView setting to =150 and cranked the in-game slider all the way to the right and it looks pretty good to me.

150 looks good? lol wut?

Because 360 controller > mouse for immersion.

I want to walk around in this world using an analog stick.

I am not trying to impress anyone with my ability to headshot someone with one pixel precision.

This is why most previews are done with the PC version and a Xbox controller connected.

Far better for immersion if the screen isn't jerking around.

Hogwash! With a mouse I can aim around with the same speed that I turn my neck in real life which is more immersive. Looking around with a controller makes me feel like I'm an old man with whiplash :D

dEvAnGeL

Is there any way to turn vsync on but lock the framerate to 60? Turning on vsync currently lock the framerate to 30.
try enabling on your video card options, maybe this works the same as dead space 2&3? in those game when you turned vsync on in the games menu it would lock the frame to 30 but when using the nvidia control panel option it would lock the frame to 60

everywhere you turn is screenshot paradise lol. game looks much better in motion I think though, screens don't really do it justice. Also still don't know if I like alternative of normal DOF.

abunai

The opening menu screen (with new game, options, etc). If you did it right a message will come up saying 1999 mode is unlocked.

I used a pad because I already had one plugged in at the time

I am dumb and forgot I had a 360 pad plugged in, and was trying it on my keyboard. Thanks!

Dennis

Banned
You have SLI 580's right? I would have thought you might have updated them since 2011 lol

I am still not done with Mass Effect 3 and the old ass drivers are the only ones that will allow me to use SGSSAA with ME3 and that game needs it.

I just can't seem to get around to finishing it and it is holding me back.

Grief.exe

I'm in

PEGGnng.jpg

Mechazawa

Is anyone getting bad stuttering? Increasing the poolsize to 320(what I tweaked it to in Bulletstorm) in the BaseEngine .ini seems to have mitigated it for me. It reset my in game settings, but when I put them back to where they were, the stuttering was majorly reduced.

DocSeuss

So is VPN cool? I don't run the risk of losing my Steam account or anything, will I? If it is okay to use, could someone point me in the right direction?

bes.gen

Is there any way to turn vsync on but lock the framerate to 60? Turning on vsync currently lock the framerate to 30.

Fuuuckk. I hated this shit in dead space. definitely a deal breaker for me.
quite stupid to be forced to choose between tearfest and 30fps on a high end pc..

tjohn86

So is VPN cool? I don't run the risk of losing my Steam account or anything, will I? If it is okay to use, could someone point me in the right direction?

I think achievements etc wont work until you go back online. Getting banned is unlikely.

Is anyone getting bad stuttering? Increasing the poolsize to 320(what I tweaked it to in Bulletstorm) in the BaseEngine .ini seems to have mitigated it for me. It reset my in game settings, but when I put them back to where they were, the stuttering was majorly reduced.

The best solution for the problem. The default poolsizes are incredibly small considering the vast amounts of RAM and VRAM available on the PC for caching. They've left it at the settings that consoles would use with their limited pools of memory.

I reckon you'd get even less stuttering by jacking it up to 512 or even 768 depending on the amount of available RAM/VRAM that you have on your system. Bigger poolsizes = more available working space to buffer data.

abunai

I think achievements etc wont work until you go back online. Getting banned is unlikely.

Achievements have been working fine for me. Using a VPN is clearly against the Steam TOS, but I've done it many times over a few years and never been banned. Never heard of anyone getting banned for it, either.

Yeah forcing on vsync in the nvidia control panel still lock the game at 30, ditto for inspector.

Control panel Adaptive VSync is probably a better bet.

Tried this, framerate is no longer locked to 30, but still notice a lot of screen tearing.

The vsync thing isn't a problem for me at all. I'll just disable it in-game and enable in NCP

Is your framerate locked to 30 when you do this, because mine is. I'm on the new drivers btw.

Grief.exe

That mouse sensitivity, holy shit its worse than Max Payne 3.

Lowest setting, its takes like 6 inches to do a 360. Next tick up, its like 2 inches.

Achievements have been working just fine for me while offline.

Tried this, framerate is no longer locked to 30, but still notice a lot of screen tearing.

I've been using adaptive.

Grief.exe

Just some initial config tweaks to fix two glaring issues for me:

XUserOptions.ini

MinMouseLookSensitivity=0.140000
MaxMouseLookSensitivity=4.000000

Change the min/max slider to something more comfortable. These work well for my setup. The default options are way too high, apart from the very minimum which is way too low.

FieldOfView=1.500000
MaxUserFOVOffsetPercent=45.000000

Expands the FOV sider range. I like mine nice and high and this works well for me. The default max value was still too low.

This is not working for me.

Top Bottom