• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Evil Within (PS3/360/PC/NextGen, idtech5, Tango/Bethesda, 2014): [Up: New Info]

Yonafunu

conceptboxmanjpg-5e9932_1024w.jpg

is that real time or artwork?

Artwork, I think.

Nemesis_

There is a little bit of text in the bottom right of that image, not sure if it's a HUD or just an indicator that it's artwork.

Squire

Banned
I wouldn't count Wii U out because it says "PS3/360/PC/NextGen"

Wii U is "next gen", and they could of easily announced a PS4 version along side PS3/360/PC, so I'd say we wait.

Bethesda has never released a game on a Nintendo system other than two games on Wii, so maybe...Just maybe, Bethesda will be nice enough to give Wii U a chance.

They're not putting this on Wii U. Accept it now and save yourself the anguish.

I wouldn't count Wii U out because it says "PS3/360/PC/NextGen"

Wii U is "next gen", and they could of easily announced a PS4 version along side PS3/360/PC, so I'd say we wait.

Bethesda has never released a game on a Nintendo system other than two games on Wii, so maybe...Just maybe, Bethesda will be nice enough to give Wii U a chance.

meelow....stahp

Buy another console already

Great trailer, game looks amazing. Holy shit. Between this and Zelda 3DS, I'm a pretty content gamer this week.

Trailer is clearly a tongue in cheek thing. I don't think they made it and expected people to think it's better than The Exorcist.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
To update the translated details a bit:

-The game stars a man named Sebastian and his partner, who go to investigate the scene of a mass murder, but where a mysterious force is at work. Sebastian watches as more and more of the police force get killed before his eyes, and is attacked and knocked out. When he comes too, he must fight a world where monsters roam free and death and insanity live side-by-side. He will face unimaginable horrors where he must fight for his own survival. To discover the truth behind the force that lurks here, Sebastian must embark on a journey brimming with horror.

-Uses the ID Tech 5. They say they are taking the engine a step further than it has ever been used and are utilizing a state-of-the-art lighting engine and a much more powered-up version of the engine than any game to date has used.

-Game is trying to strike a balance between horror and action, but in the sense that one should be desperately struggling to survive and facing scenarios of unimaginable horror. They say they want to redefine horror, and seem to be going for a more difficult and intense experience.

-The game promises to have limited resources and be full of puzzles and traps. They want to fill the player with anguish, tension, and anxiety and send them off the deep end.

-They make a focus that enemies can easily kill the player, you'll have to be cunning and evasive to survive in these harsh conditions. You also can utilize traps enemies set-up for you on them instead.

-It seems the player can experience random distortions that can happen in any area at any time, which changes anything from enemies, doors, walls, objects, or the like into terrifying nightmares that our character sees. These are random and change in real-time as well, it seems.

-They finish off saying that they want the game to start strong and continue with a growing feel of insecurity to grow as the game goes on. They also mention the game will have an in-depth world, and that you're being hunted by something mysterious and dark.

So been working on the Japanese press release with a Japanese friend. The details pulled from it:

-Uses ID Tech 5, they say they are taking the engine a step further than it has ever been used and are utilizing a state-of-the-art lighting engine and a much more powered-up version of the engine than any game to date has used.

-Our main characters name is Sebastian, who is on the run from the cops. However, they end up in a place where he watches the cops get slaughtered one by one, and then gets knocked unconscious. When he awakens, he finds himself in a a sector of a facility, trapped in closed-corridors and defenseless against a giant (safe-headed?) monster that wanders these halls...

-Game is said to be trying to strike a balance between horror and action, and to but in the sense that one should be desperately struggling to survive and facing scenarios of unimaginable horror. They say they want to redefine horror, and seem to be going for a more difficult and intense experience.

-The game promises to have limited resources and be full of puzzles and traps. They want to fill the player with anguish, tension, and anxiety and send them off the deep end.

-They make a focus that enemies can easily kill the player, you'll have to be cunning and evasive to survive in these harsh conditions.

-This is a bit foggy, but it seems the player can experience random distortions that can happen in any area at any time, which changes anything from enemies, doors, walls, objects, or the like into terrifying nightmares that our character sees. These are random and change in real-time as well, it seems.

-They finish off saying that they want the game to start strong and continue with a growing feel of insecurity to grow as the game goes on. They also mention the game will have an in-depth world, and you're being hunted by something mysterious and dark.

i8arwCpA0Feui.gif

News Bot

Banned
Imagine if Mikami was giving us the prototype RE4, reimagined for an edgier audience with this game ;_;

Why would he when he had nothing to do with it? :p

Info sounds promising but the "balance between horror and action" was the same shtick we got with BH4. I'll reserve judgement for a while, but overall it looks great.

Resident Evil.

Resident Evil 4.

God Hand.

Vanquish.

Mikami is a god among videogame designers. This game is gonna be so fucking good ^_^

I don't think he designed a single one of those.

Oh man this sounds so cool. I haven't played a horror game in a long time

This part sounds great

Neiteio

And please don't have shitty controls, please don't have shitty controls, please don't have shitty controls.
Mikami is done with shitty controls as of old-school RE. The over-the-shoulder perspective alone should alleviate any concern there. I'd be surprised if the controls were regressive after the superb handling of Vanquish and RE4.

jetjevons

Bish loves my games!
I hope Seb's partner isn't a way to add co-op.

And I hope Seb's partner dies a gruesome and revolting death in the opening scenes.

Or maybe Seb's partner will be the safe head man?

OR MAYBE SEB'S PARTNER WILL BE A THINLY VEILED REFERENCE TO LEON

I predict his partner is the one who knocks him unconscious.

D-e-f-

Banned
Mikami is done with shitty controls as of old-school RE. The over-the-shoulder perspective alone should alleviate any concern there. I'd be surprised if the controls were regressive after the superb handling of Vanquish and RE4.

RE "controls" were never shitty anyway. They were a part (or a result) of the whole game design (fixed camera, narrow corridors).

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Posted on RoH as is, but might make some changes if any errors are found.

Anyways, put me in the club that's now made this game their top-hyped game. It actually looks and sounds a lot better than I imagined.

yes yes yes! finally! a new console survival horror IP.

i dont know what to expect out of this.

would love to see set cameras used wisely, but not everywhere.

Nemesis_

I predict his partner is the one who knocks him unconscious.

I predict that his partner isn't actually real, and him entering the mysterious facility is actually his family taking him to a mental institution to get the help he needs.

:#

Posted on RoH as is, but might make some changes if any errors are found.

Anyways, put me in the club that's now made this game their top-hyped game. It actually looks and sounds a lot better than I imagined.

Welcome!

iIq3qnBa2MofH.gif

NAPK1NS

This sounds totally awesome. Some of those art pieces give me Resident Evil 4 vibes, which is delightful.

Alas, my dream horror game will likely never be realized. I want an atmosphere drenched tension builder. Basically, the first five hours of RE4 but across a full length game.

I know, I know, Not much is known about this yet. Still, I predict there will be action on action. That's fine, but I really do miss those butt-clenching slow burner designs akin to REmake and Silent Hill 2.

I'm excited, though. There's always A Machine for Pigs anyway.

Top Bottom