• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Evil Within (PS3/360/PC/NextGen, idtech5, Tango/Bethesda, 2014): [Up: New Info]

iIq3qnBa2MofH.gif

Oh Delta! ♥

It only frustrates you because you refuse to adjust to it.

Wh..what? What kind of logic is that lol? "Just eat the asparagus". "But I don't like asparagus". "Just adjust to it"....

I beat both RE4 and RE5 and still despised the controls. In fact that's my only gripe about the RE series.

Risette

A Good Citizen
Wh..what? What kind of logic is that lol? "Just eat the asparagus". "But I don't like asparagus". "Just adjust to it"....

I beat both RE4 and RE5 and still despised the controls. In fact that's my only gripe about the RE series.
There's nothing wrong with the controls in the RE series.

mattp

don't like != bad

re controls work exactly how they were meant to work

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Gematsu has an more through translation:

Story
When Detective Sebastian and his partner rush to the scene of a gruesome mass murder, a mysterious, powerful force is lying in wait for them. Witnessing the killing of fellow police officers one after another, Sebastian is then attacked and loses consciousness. Waking up in a land where monsters are wandering about, Sebastian has to fight his way through a world of death and its close friend madness in order to understand what’s going on. Sebastian has to face his fears in order to survive on a journey to discover what lies in the shadows of that mysterious force.

Key Features

A Return to Pure Survival Horror: From the father of the survival horror genre, Shinji Mikami. He appears once again as the director of this game, one which makes your blood run cold, but heats you right back up. Players must survive on limited resources, experiencing that supreme match of action and horror, that indescribable terror. To survive in an afflicted world, your anxiety and nerves will be pushed to the edge.

Brutal Traps and Enemies with Puzzles: While struggling to survive, you’ll have to face indescribable terror, cruel traps, and sly mechanisms. Players can die in a trap all too easily, however, at times they can turn them against enemies.

In an Unstable World, Not All Horrors are in Plain Sight: The player is driven into a corner as the world distorts and warps according to mysterious and evil horrors. The scenery: hallways, walls, doors, rooms, buildings, and even nature, all transforming in real time based on the player’s actions. And the threats keep coming from all directions.

A Supernova of Horror: By setting one foot in this world weaved from lush backdrops, characters with personality, and a polished story, players will be sucked in, willing or unwilling, tension and anxiety rapidly mounting. When that fear is smashed and conquered, you can experience the bliss that can only be found in The Evil Within.

I find some of their word choices a bit odd, but gets the same basic message delivered.

video was okay..then I pieced together the premise from the pics and and the story..

00159462_medium.jpeg

tumblr_lspyrxZI1I1qe8dnn.gif

all my money..Thank you Mikami!

youtube Gold:
Dirtypotatoeater 1 hour ago

It's Pyramid Head, but... with a box.

Why not call it ... Doom: The Evil Within, Zenimax.

I'll PM you my mailing address for you to send me a check :)

Oh yeah, get ID more involved in the development.

Persona86

Banned
It only frustrates you because you refuse to adjust to it.

Moving and shooting is vital, how am I supposed to take the character seriously if he can't move properly. Stop and shoot wasn't even good in the past anyway, I distinctly remember being annoyed that I can't move like a human being.

Risette

A Good Citizen
Moving and shooting is vital, how am I supposed to take the character seriously if he can't move properly. Stop and shoot wasn't even good in the past anyway, I distinctly remember being annoyed that I can't move like a human being.
I don't take police officers or federal agents who move and shoot seriously.

Director =/= designer

They are separate roles.

of course

But let's not sit here and pretend that the Director isnt the one who has the vision for the overall game

look at Kojima Productions and MGS: Rising. It was cancelled because they didnt have a leader who knew what they wanted.

Trying to downplay Mikami's role in shaping what RE4 is today must have forgotten Devil May Cry and the prototypes that got cancelled before he found what he was looking for in RE4

You also can't say he doesnt have any design experience. Just because he isnt a director doesnt mean he cant lend his design skills to help with the development of a game

Risette

A Good Citizen
He said he doesn't want it to have shitty controls.
I know what he meant; that's why I said I hope it doesn't let him move and shoot, since the controls in RE4 are perfect.
So the best tactic is to turn around and stay in one place like a sitting duck, not move away and shoot?

My point is players should be given a choice, if you don't wanna move, that's your choice.
Bad choices shouldn't exist.

And if you're sitting in one place like a sitting duck, you're playing it wrong. Utilize the quick turn and keep your distance.

Top Bottom