• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DF/JF: Battlefield 4 PS4 vs XB1 videos/screens (900p PS4, 720p XB1)

steves_farm12.jpg

Choose your P

Not ported yet to PS4 by Dice with low enough performance penalty probably. I do think Sony's studios have a working version of their own SMAA called TMAA, and I think that's what KZ:SF is using on the latest released screens, as well as probably The Order 1886 latest screens and Resogun (I know Housemarque devs have said they use their own custom post-proc AA, and it does look far better than FXAA). My guess is it was just not made quickly enough to be shared with 3rd parties in a timely manner for launch games.

The order is using MSAA with a filmic resolve for specular. It basically will make the game temporally more stable but also softer (similar to TXAA).

Flanimal Lover

Neo Member
Lmao. In this topic we realise that pumping all that resource into higher resolution truely results in diminishing returns?? X1 looks better to me.

If the ps4 does have extra grunt, they should have used it on something more visable such as fx as opposed to something which isn't even noticeable to most.

Banned. Lmao indeed.

OnFire331

It just dawned on me that there's only 16 days left until next-gen arrives. I'm looking forward to follow closely all the launch-day mayhem, it's amazing how this thread fucking exploded (as has everything this past week).

Nags

Banned
What? It is exactly the same shirt with just a different randomly generated camo pattern over it.

This might not be entirely true. From what I have seen on the PC version, dropping certain settings seems to cause something similar. The overall density of the patterns diminishes quite a bit and that isn't exclusive to the camo of course, objects in the environment are effected as well. Might explain what is happening with the clouds in that one comparison too.

Amentallica

Unconfirmed Member
Lol I was just asking about the future of 1080 DICE games so that I could be told they would optimize better and make me hopeful!

velociraptor

If BF4 is 900p on PS4, does that mean we should never expect a 1080p Battlefield this gen?
Launch title; first BF game on the next gen consoles; development is stretched thin on 5 platforms.

How do you feel about 1280x1080p?

Because you are going to see some, that's for sure.
I wouldn't mind that if the IQ looks better than 900p.

However, native 1080p isn't really that hard..

Hell I'll even take something like 1600x1080p if that's possible. No idea if the PS4 can handle 'weird' resolutions though.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Launch title; first BF game on the next gen consoles; development is stretched thin on 5 platforms.

This. I expect the next BF will easily reach 1080p/60 on PS4 unless they really crank up the destruction. For launch 900p at 60fps with everything this game has going on is solid considering how many platforms it's launching on but FB3 will be capable of much more as the gen goes on.

Animated PNG lossless comparisons (no shitty GIF dithering). Really shows the PC shittin on erbody
Only works in superior browsers like Firefox
go here to check: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/APNG#Application_support
Contrast/gamma differences in each shot make comparisons tough since it introduces such a subjective metric into it. That's why I dislike Lens of Truth, they refuse to adjust anything from the default.

Vizzeh

Banned

I wouldn't mind that if the IQ looks better than 900p.

However, native 1080p isn't really that hard..

Hell I'll even take something like 1600x1080p if that's possible. No idea if the PS4 can handle 'weird' resolutions though.

Whats all the talk about software upscalers, rather than using sony hardware upscaler?

Guerilla

Animated PNG lossless comparisons (no shitty GIF dithering). Really shows the PC shittin on erbody
Only works in superior browsers like Firefox
go here to check: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/APNG#Application_support

http://abload.de/img/bf4-18fbpa.png[/I
[IMG]http://abload.de/img/bf4-2t5ap0.png[/IM

[IMG]http://abload.de/img/bf4-3oma55.png[/][/QUOTE]

I don't see much difference between PS4 and PC. Tbh the only big obvious difference there are the horrible XO jaggies.

ref

I've been playing BF4 on PC and to be honest, it's really not that good looking of a game. I don't know if it's just me, but it's really not that impressive.

Still, I'm amazed how close the PS4 version is to the PC version. Even as a PC gamer, I probably wouldn't notice or care about the differences.

XB1 is also not horrible, but the aliasing is particularly much worse due to 720p.

On all the platforms I must say that this does not fell very much "next gen"....

But I guess that it is expected for launch titles .

This is even more true for Xbone .... with that aliasing it looks like one of the many shooters available for x360 ....

This. I expect the next BF will easily reach 1080p/60 on PS4 unless they really crank up the destruction. For launch 900p at 60fps with everything this game has going on is solid considering how many platforms it's launching on but FB3 will be capable of much more as the gen goes on.

Contrast/gamma differences in each shot make comparisons tough since it introduces such a subjective metric into it. That's why I dislike Lens of Truth, they refuse to adjust anything from the default.
Yep dice did a superb job, in less than 12 months with the hardware and they produce this quality on both, and the ps4 is stupidly close to the PC version as in near identical, will know for sure when I get my ps4 ( and x1) in less than a month!!!! Cannot wait.

Kiant

It just dawned on me that there's only 16 days left until next-gen arrives. I'm looking forward to follow closely all the launch-day mayhem, it's amazing how this thread fucking exploded (as has everything this past week).

Wish it was that soon for Europe :(

Kssio_Aug

Can someone explain me how this thing of "software upscaler" and "hardware upscaler" works?

I know what upscale means (at least, basically) but I can't understand what those diferente kind means, I didnt even knew that it existed.

Also... what does IQ means? lol

no they don't.

Then source sucks and Dice should learn better usage of vibrant colours... They look totally whitewashed. Especially pc screens. Nothing like reality. Could be my laptop screen aint best place to look at these screens but ps3 games had same problem often in df comparisons. maybe watching them from tv would help but those look colourwise whitewashed in my laptop.

Kiant

Does anyone know why the PS4 version has its own camo pattern?

It's EA's partnership to Sony, to show their not Microsoft biased ;), Think someone mentioned it's random, or something to do with bumping up the textures results in different patterns.

dolabla

Haven't read all the thread, but what's causing the washed out look on the PS4? Upscaler? Or is it supposed to look like that?

Top Bottom