• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Baker

Banned
Oichi said:
You need to do a close Heavy Kick, the axe kick. Then cancel the first hit of the axe into shinkuu hadoken.

Thanks man.

I will also now out myself as an idiot and ask how do you cancel? I somewhat understand (and can do) the FA dash cancel but that takes too much time to then get out the Shinku.

D

Deleted member 20415

Unconfirmed Member
Seth is a dick... but you guys who are saying he's cheap are forgetting Gill. That fucker would RESSURECT himself after you completely killed him.

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
Baker said:
Thanks man.

I will also now out myself as an idiot and ask how do you cancel? I somewhat understand (and can do) the FA dash cancel but that takes too much time to then get out the Shinku.

Do it like this, because Ryu has no qcf+K move

J.Heavy Punch
down, down-forward, forward+Heavy Kick
down, down-forward, forward+Punch

That'll give you the combo.

FYI, you'll also need to do this combo for Gouken's Trial Mode, so practice up!

First time i have ever walked into a gamecrazy(figured they might have it) and the guyy right in front of me bought the last ps3 copy. So I figured what the hell, ill try gamestop even though they probably only are doing preorders. Was able to snag a copy. Just beat it on easy. Still getting used to a joystick. Seth is a cheap bastard.

Omeyocan

Regarding the Saturn USB pad

Yes it works on PS3. I've been using it the last couple of fights, and it's the best pad I've ever used for a 2D fighter.

Are they only available on Ebay ? Other than Ebay, where can I find it ?

Thanks.

I called my Best Buy (in NJ) this afternoon to ask if they had SF4 in, and he said tomorrow at 2 pm. But I was expecting that. I preordered the CE in store last week.

I hope the playing field evens out more with more people getting the game. My winning percentage has went to shit since I stopped searching for people my level. Was getting bored playing easy guys so now I just make my own room and wait for anyone to show up.

Really is gratifying when you are on your game and destroy a guy with 2000 bp though.

I have really started to notice my exact weaknesses so now I just need to work on them more.

careksims

I wish the animation team that did the original Street Fighter The Animated Movie worked on Hands that Bind. Just doesn't look that good :( Old School FTW!

So far I do love C.Viper, Cammy, Sakura. They do play good. Still learning with the stick. Gotta' break away from years of gaming with a pad.

Baker

Banned
Oichi said:
Do it like this, because Ryu has no qcf+K move

J.Heavy Punch
down, down-forward, forward+Heavy Kick
down, down-forward, forward+Punch

That'll give you the combo.

FYI, you'll also need to do this combo for Gouken's Trial Mode, so practice up!

Do you have to pause then between the QCT Kick input and the subsequent hadoken? That's the timing I'm just not getting I think.

Edit: Hahaha nm I got it. After the jump punch, I just started doing QCT motions like a mad man and it all worked out.

Teknoman

I just noticed everyone says something specific to the other fighter when they win. Not just random win phrases that have nothing to do with the last person they fought.

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
Baker said:
Do you have to pause then between the QCT Kick input and the subsequent hadoken? That's the timing I'm just not getting I think.

No, you do it as fast as possible.

TreIII

Omeyocan said:
Regarding the Saturn USB pad

Are they only available on Ebay ? Other than Ebay, where can I find it ?

Thanks.

Ebay is probably the best place you can go to find those pads. I just snagged one myself a day or so ago, and waiting for it to come in.

Beyond that, I couldn't say. These things are rare enough as it is, seeing how they've been "out of print" since 2004.

If all else fails, you might have better luck buying a REAL Saturn pad, and getting the USB adapter for it...

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
burgerdog said:
Oh yeah, the line was huge at the GS I picked up my game from. There was about 50 people lined up, including an eight year old kid, wtf :lol
where did you pick it up? there was an 8 year old kid in my line and i saw you mention morningside.

106 b/way? that's my gs.

mYm|17|

2wlzmgo.jpg

I GOT IT!!!!!!!!!!

Went to go eat dinner for my birthday at this place in the mall. Decided to try my luck and see if they were selling them at a gamestop near my house thinking it was still open. Well the 2 gamestops I called near my house said they were selling it tomorrow. Then I called 2 gamestops in the mall that were open until 930 and they were both selling them. Got there right before the mall was about to close.

edit: Now, all i need is my goddamn TE stick. Fuck U amazon!!!!

bumpkin

Geez, reading this thread makes me feel like everybody's reservation store but mine had the game today. This really sucks. :(

CurseoftheGods said:
Possibly the best pad ever, so yes.

Seconded. I've been using the Fightpad on the 360...it's a decent pad...for what it is...but I like the d-pad, size, ergonomics and buttons on the Saturn pad more. If you're playing on PS3 and don't want to throw heavy dough at a joystick (especially if you're never going to a tournament), buy the USB Saturn pad (or rob, cheat and do a Nigerian scam for a PS2 one).

Wow...this thread went up like 25 pages since I was last on.

I managed to track down a copy of the 360 at the Game Crazy in Yucca Valley, Calif. They said they were not going to sell copies to anyone unless they had a preorder. Even worse was they're doing this for a week (the b.s. and lack of common sense but great honor).

I didn't get to play too much. I started to do Ken's challenge. I got to the low jab, crouching heavy punch, heavy SRK, EX Focus cancel, medium SRK, Shinryuken.

I'm having problems consistently FADC. The focus attack seems to come out often. Guess practice will make perfect.

Played the computer. I got owned since I didn't know their AI. Seth is a savage after you win the first round. He's a spazz. Thankfully, he doesn't do much damage.

Installed it on my hard drive and changed the voices to the Japanese voice actors.

I'm thinking about buying the premium themes...

So far my SFIV tab is at $60 (for the game), $40 for a fightpad (360), $80 for the Fightstick SE (360), $80 for the PS3 CE, $13 for the useless strategy guide and $300 for a Fightstick TE for both consoles. Grand total $573. Gah

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Someone just challenged me while I was in arcade mode. Nice fight! I get the sense that we're both VERY much SF4 nubs, yes?

bumpkin said:
Geez, reading this thread makes me feel like everybody's reservation store but mine had the game today. This really sucks. :(

You're not alone. If only I had wheels right now, I'd go to another store in Portland that has SF IV apparently. Sorry bout your situation, here's to hoping we get our copies tomorrow.

Darkman M

El_TigroX said:
Seth is a dick... but you guys who are saying he's cheap are forgetting Gill. That fucker would RESSURECT himself after you completely killed him.

Gill could be knocked out of resurrection if timed right leaving him with little health from his resurrection. Seth's teleport is what makes him cheap you can't really set him up because he's a bit unpredictable with the teleports, oh and he has a command grab that has priority over everything.

FrankT

Spiderjericho said:
Seconded. I've been using the Fightpad on the 360...it's a decent pad...for what it is...but I like the d-pad, size, ergonomics and buttons on the Saturn pad more. If you're playing on PS3 and don't want to throw heavy dough at a joystick (especially if you're never going to a tournament), buy the USB Saturn pad (or rob, cheat and do a Nigerian scam for a PS2 one).

Wow...this thread went up like 25 pages since I was last on.

I managed to track down a copy of the 360 at the Game Crazy in Yucca Valley, Calif. They said they were not going to sell copies to anyone unless they had a preorder. Even worse was they're doing this for a week (the b.s. and lack of common sense but great honor).

I didn't get to play too much. I started to do Ken's challenge. I got to the low jab, crouching heavy punch, heavy SRK, EX Focus cancel, medium SRK, Shinryuken.

I'm having problems consistently FADC. The focus attack seems to come out often. Guess practice will make perfect.

Played the computer. I got owned since I didn't know their AI. Seth is a savage after you win the first round. He's a spazz. Thankfully, he doesn't do much damage.

Installed it on my hard drive and changed the voices to the Japanese voice actors.

I'm thinking about buying the premium themes...

So far my SFIV tab is at $60 (for the game), $40 for a fightpad (360), $80 for the Fightstick SE (360), $80 for the PS3 CE, $13 for the useless strategy guide and $300 for a Fightstick TE for both consoles. Grand total $573. Gah

Nearly 600 bones, serious business.

purg3

slept with Malkin
sweet, i didn't know that dude from here got his artwork printed on the inside of the sleeve. that's awesome

burgerdog

Y2Kev said:
where did you pick it up? there was an 8 year old kid in my line and i saw you mention morningside.

106 b/way? that's my gs.

I live on 121st so it's easier for me to go to the GS in Harlem on 125th. I'd rather go to the one on 106 b/way, though, much safer. As soon as I got to the park I started running because walking through there at night is scary.

so_awes

Banned
i was kicking ass online with just the DS3.

i need to get me one of those ps2-to-ps3 adapter so i can use my ps2 custom joystick.

bumpkin

djmattiepoo said:
You're not alone. If only I had wheels right now, I'd go to another store in Portland that has SF IV apparently. Sorry bout your situation, here's to hoping we get our copies tomorrow.
I tried a few other stores in the area and none of them had it today. :(

To top it all off, the order I put in on MadCatz' site for an SE Stick on Friday still hasn't changed to "shipped." I blame the stupid holiday yesterday; if they had been processing orders, I might've stood a chance at having my stick for the game tomorrow (paid for overnight shipping). Man, this is just not my game release. I don't think I've ever had such a streak of bad luck with a game.

1. Reserved a TE Stick, paid in full. Got told two days after it should have been in that I won't get it until "the first week of March"

2. Had the CE of the game reserved and paid in full, and apparently had it reserved at the right store not to have it today.

3. The SE stick order problem I mentioned above.

UGH! I am so not going to be able to concentrate at work tomorrow... Today was rough enough when I thought I'd have the game when I got out. Now I'm going into work tomorrow hoping and praying the store doesn't drop the ball. At this point, I wouldn't be surprised, but I'd still be very, very pissed.

fatty

djmattiepoo said:

I tried Best Buy and Nebraska Furniture Mart today, both with no luck. Tomorrow I'm not coming home until I have the game in my fat, stubby vienna sausage fingers.

Darkman M said:
Gill could be knocked out of resurrection if timed right leaving him with little health from his resurrection. Seth's teleport is what makes him cheap you can't really set him up because he's a bit unpredictable with the teleports, oh and he has a command grab that has priority over everything.

Gill was worse. His moves had the fire and ice properties, he could juggle, do heavy damage, had great priority on his moves and had the combo of doing resurrection or the angel wings super. If you were low on health...either was an undesirable option.

Seth...just seems like a spazz with his teleports and priority. Other than that...he's not that hard, depending on the character you're using or the level you're playing. I played him on hardest...so I wasn't familiar with his AI (or the difficulty added when playing on Hardest).

I'd say Shin Akuma from SFA2 or Super Turbo are worse than both.

Though Gill's angel wing super is SNK ridiculous.

robut said:
My gamestop had it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what are the conditions for unlocking colors? going through time trial but I think there's somethign else. can't find it on the nets.

probably beaten but it's time trial and survival

shamelessly stolen from gamespot forums
http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/act...how_msgs.php?topic_id=m-1-48115827&pid=943712

Time Attack Normal 1 = Color 3
Time Attack Normal 2 = Personal Action 2
Time Attack Normal 3 = Title
Time Attack Normal 4 = Title
Time Attack Normal 5 = Title
Time Attack Normal 6 = Color 5
Time Attack Normal 7 = Personal Action 4
Time Attack Normal 8 = Title
Time Attack Normal 9 = Title
Time Attack Normal 10 = Title
Time Attack Normal 11 = Color 7
Time Attack Normal 12 = Personal Action 6