• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken 7 Announced, Trailer Revealed, PS4/Xbox One, UE4, More At Comic-Con

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20140725T12&p0=770&msg=Namco+Comic-Con+Presentation
t1406314800z4.png

quoted for the new page

Remember their is also Tokyo Game show this year. I'm sure NAMCO would want to show new footage their too.

So my guess is no gameplay footage today.

If it's a Q2 2015 release then TGS we will have some gameplay IMHO.

If it's a Q3 or Q4 2015 release then I say definitely no gameplay footage today, and then who knows when we will see gameplay...?

ZenTzen

I think it will be a miracle if it comes out in arcades this year. I think realistically we are looking at late next year and even later for the home consoles unfortunately. This year would be excellent since TTT2 came out nearly two years ago, but oh well.

Harada did say people will be able to play it real soon

What are the chances that we get TTT2 Full HD remaster on PS4? Some 60 FPS 3D would be nice :)

it is already 60Fps 3D on the PS3, i doubt upscaling it to 1080p would make it any prettier :D + the lack of arcade sticks and weak sales make Tekken Revolution more likely to be ported.

bigb0ss

Banned
it is already 60Fps 3D on the PS3, i doubt upscaling it to 1080p would make it any prettier :D + the lack of arcade sticks and weak sales make Tekken Revolution more likely to be ported.

I just played TTT2 on PS3 in 3D mode a few days ago. It seemed like it was running at 30FPS.

Skilletor

Definitely would. The IQ is really bad. Jaggies everywhere. I would love a 1080p version.

I'm pretty sure TTT2 in 3D runs sub 30fps at most points. Tried it a few weeks ago because I had friends over and it was practically a slide show. I felt like we were looking at a pretty popup book.

Also, 1080p3D isn't available to most consumer devices thanks to most TVs using HDMI 1.4a or older and the spec not allowing 60fps 3D over 720p.

T7 on PC would be fantastic because then I could still do 1080p or 720p3D and still get 60fps out of it regardless.

av2k

Let's put money on what they'll be showing!

I expect full trailer + gameplay!

Reason being is that Harada already said Japan will be playing it soon and the game has been in production for a while on a pre-existing engine. GOGO Gameplay!

What do you guys want from the offline? We know the usual staples. It seems everyone wants an expanded tutorial mode. What about Tekken Bowl or Tekken Ball? Maybe a return of Tekken Force? Many have stated they wanted to see a story mode similar to MK9.

What do you guys want from the offline? We know the usual staples. It seems everyone wants an expanded tutorial mode. What about Tekken Bowl or Tekken Ball? Maybe a return of Tekken Force? Many have stated they wanted to see a story mode similar to MK9.
I don't care for story mode but I miss those silly modes.

AAK

Let's put money on what they'll be showing!

I expect full trailer + gameplay!

Reason being is that Harada already said Japan will be playing it soon and the game has been in production for a while on a pre-existing engine. GOGO Gameplay!

Last year all we got was more concept art for TR... I guess at best we're gonna maybe get some character models? I highly doubt any gameplay. :(

If Harada wants to sell Tekken 7 to the masses :

- A real story mode like the Mortal Kombat one, playing on nostalgia (aka the people who bought Tekken 3 back in the days, Tekken have some iconic characters).

- A real tuto mode. The one in Tekken Tag Tournament 2 is actually good but too short.

- A beautiful game (UE4 should help)

Tadaa !

ZenTzen

If Harada wants to sell Tekken 7 to the masses :

- A real story mode like the Mortal Kombat one, playing on nostalgia (aka the people who bought Tekken 3 back in the days, Tekken have some iconic characters).

- A real tuto mode. The one in Tekken Tag Tournament 2 is actually good but too short.

- A beautiful game (UE4 should help)

Tadaa !

A sequence of various characters doing Katas or moves in engine, like in Tekken 3, i loved that stuff

"Well Unreal Engine 4 is available for 2 months now. Gameplay would be suprising."

Unreal Engine 4 has been available *to the public* for 2 months now. Of course, that doesn't mean there will be any gameplay at all, however, it's not implausible for a major publisher like Namco Bandai to have gotten access to UE4 quite awhile before us schmoes could.

The last time Namco used Unreal engine we got this:
7950026.jpg

Their top tier late gen PS3 games also looked mediocre...

I am guessing tekken 7 will look hilariously bad. I am in for the lols

Zarx

Well Unreal Engine 4 is available for 2 months now. Gameplay would be suprising.

to indies, major publishers have had access since GDC 2012. There is a shipped game on UE4 out already (Daylight) and there are several major games on UE4 that have shown gameplay (Fortnite, Rime, Fable Legends).

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
"Well Unreal Engine 4 is available for 2 months now. Gameplay would be suprising."

Unreal Engine 4 has been available *to the public* for 2 months now. Of course, that doesn't mean there will be any gameplay at all, however, it's not implausible for a major publisher like Namco Bandai to have gotten access to UE4 quite awhile before us schmoes could.

Yeah to my knowledge actual developers have been able to grab it for around two years now.

It was pretty early then, but someone like Namco would have had access quite a while ago.

Neff

Unfortunately, TTT2 is the worst selling Tekken game by a long margin. I don't think it's likely at all.

I'm surprised to hear this, genre decline and all, especially considering it's one of the best games in the series, maybe even the best.

synce

I'm surprised to hear this, genre decline and all, especially considering it's one of the best games in the series, maybe even the best.

Consider there's 50+ characters and countless combinations of teams... that intimidates everyone but the most hardcore Tekken players and it's the reason games like TT and MVC will never sell that much

I disagree with TT2 being one of the best Tekkens though, as much as I loved the return of Kuni and Jun. Again, there's too many matchups for an average person to wrap their head around. Also 3 round tag fights can drag on forever, and there's an overemphasis on bounds.

I really want T7 to be tight, concise package like T5

Pachimari

Consider there's 50+ characters and countless combinations of teams... that intimidates everyone but the most hardcore Tekken players and it's the reason games like TT and MVC will never sell that much

I disagree with TT2 being one of the best Tekkens though, as much as I loved the return of Kuni and Jun. Again, there's too many matchups for an average person to wrap their head around. Also 3 round tag fights can drag on forever, and there's an overemphasis on bounds.

I really want T7 to be tight, concise package like T5
I disagree with this.

The more characters the more fun it is for the casuals. At least in my experience here in Denmark and the Philippines.

Neff

Also 3 round tag fights can drag on forever, and there's an overemphasis on bounds.

3 round fights have been the staple of Tekken (and 3D fighters generally) since an eternity ago, and Bound has more or less been accepted and even embraced by the community. I do agree with your point that such a big roster and huge movesets can be overwhelming for an unschooled player, but I think if anything TTT2's lack of success comes from not being a sequentially-numbered title, and from fighting games falling out of fashion almost as soon as they fell back in.

Top Bottom