• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare: [R E F L E X] (Wii) Screens

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
Scrubking said:
MW2 on the DS isn't called MW2 either. It seems games that aren't directly made by IW get a name change - even if they are direct ports.

MW is a 2-year-old game and the differentiation is probably so that it will appear like a new game and be able to sell in the shadow of MW2.

Also people keep saying how this is cash in and that They don't want to be on Wii, but MWii is one of the very, very few fully featured ports on the Wii. It has everything the original did that they could fit and some features the original didn't. It was also done by Treyarch instead of some crappy outsourced company like most multiplatform games on Wii.
Basically this. some things are missing, such as Wii Speak and about 2 players in online matches, but considering the port has had less than a 12 month development cycle, i just consider it impressive they were able to get as much as they did with what they had. the title is basically just a marketing decision. it's a little odd, but understandable, not to mention has little to nothing to do with the actual quality of the game.

Scrubking said:
MW2 on the DS isn't called MW2 either. It seems games that aren't directly made by IW get a name change - even if they are direct ports.

MW is a 2-year-old game and the differentiation is probably so that it will appear like a new game and be able to sell in the shadow of MW2.

Also people keep saying how this is cash in and that They don't want to be on Wii, but MWii is one of the very, very few fully featured ports on the Wii.
EA could argue their FIFA fiascos are -full featured- as well, in fact not only do they have everything say... PS2 has, they even have extras like Mii's, super deformed players, Table football and shit like that.

Oh, and... "ALL PLAY" sounds the same as tackling up "REFLEX" into a late port, just saying. And we know how ALL PLAY turned out, it ran into the ground their established Wii sports market.

It's like making calling a port of RE5 for the Wii... RESIDENT EVIL 5 [SHOTGUN TRAINING] (or worse yet ZOMBIE REFLEX). And this said, god forbid Capcom from doing a RE5 port now.

CTLance

This is the game that just keeps on giving. Awesome.

Obligatory Durr Hurr, close to a week after the fact:

"Reflex", eh? More like "Rejects". Get it? Huh? Get it?!

2ic2u4p.gif

...seriously though, I think that would make a neat photoshop.

Disguises

Nice interview, not too much new information but what's been said so far - sounds great. Everytime I see this thread bumped into the first page, I get excited and think the trailers been released. I'm quite looking forward to this game more than I thought so it better be soon Treyarch!

hellclerk

Disguises said:
Nice interview, not too much new information but what's been said so far - sounds great. Everytime I see this thread bumped into the first page, I get excited and think the trailers been released. I'm quite looking forward to this game more than I thought so it better be soon Treyarch!
eh, it's about the same as all the other gamescom interviews. hopefully the video will be in by the end of the week...

hellclerk

sorry for the bump, but i thought this would be relevant:

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/09/21/interview-call-of-duty-modern-warfare-2-multiplayer-designer-t/
There's an upcoming Wii port of the first Modern Warfare. How do you guys feel about that being handled by somebody else?

It depends on what it ends up being, but I have actually played the Modern Warfare on Wii and I think it is really good. So as long as things aren't being distorted and becoming things we don't want them to be, I don't think it bothers us.
comforting words. still no footage though. maybe this week?

[Nintex]

I like how Activision keeps telling us how awesome this game is and there isn't even a single trailer yet. They're not afraid to show Modern Warfare DS, so I wouldn't be surprised if this looks even worse when all is said and done.

hellclerk

Relaxed Muscle said:
A guy who works for Activision, says that an Activision game, it's really good? Shocking and comforting!
compare to Zampella:

At this point, the way we look at it is there are people that don't have anything but the Wii, and it is great for them to get that experience; to experience the game. At the same time, yes, there is always that worry that you created this thing that you put two years of your blood, sweat, and tears into. You want people to see it in the best possible light. And that is why ... well you know. It is Modern Warfare 1. It has been long enough that people can see it. They can see, "Wow. We think this is good."
http://www.joystiq.com/2009/09/16/interview-modern-warfare-2s-vince-zampella

Alderman said something positive about the game, as opposed to something completely neutral, which as far as i'm concerned is a good thing. with this industry so full of fanboys and PR spinners, it's hard to get an honest answer.

Scrubking

Basically saying that you don't mind a Wii version because the game has been out long enough for people to see that it doesn't suck, AKA implying that the Wii version is going to suck, is far from neutral.

And his jab at Treyarch later in the interview is also classy.

hellclerk

Scrubking said:
Basically saying that you don't mind a Wii version because the game has been out long enough for people to see that it doesn't suck, AKA implying that the Wii version is going to suck, is far from neutral.

And his jab at Treyarch later in the interview is also classy.
it's in the wording dude. that particular statement could be taken as another jab to Treyarch being the ones doing the porting and nothing to do with IW not wanting the port. i think you've really become something militant recently Scrub. yeah, i know there's alot of bullshit being spewed, but it's about the games, not the stupid that may or may not surround them.

donny2112 said:
Yes, because this hasn't been brought up in regards to these screens that Activision employees say shouldn't have been released due to the bugs/early nature of them.

What is it about Car Vault don't you understand?

Car Vault!
steve_holt.jpg

donny2112

CultureClearance said:
What is it about Car Vault don't you understand?

I understand it pretty well. It's a way to insult Wii screenshots due to some previous game for the Wii having a "Car Vault" screenshot. As I already said, this has been brought up previously in relation to these buggy/too early screens that Activision's testers said weren't representative of the actual game. That said, we know it won't look close to the PS360 version, but it doesn't have to, either.

scitek

Apparently this is getting WiiSpeak support. Go Nintendo has a link up to a pic of a slide shown during an ActiBlizzard presser in Portugal confirming it.

GDGF

Soothsayer
scitek said:
Apparently this is getting WiiSpeak support. Go Nintendo has a link up to a pic of a slide shown during an ActiBlizzard presser in Portugal confirming it.

Love is never having to say you're sorry.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
Wii Speak support is a nice surprise, with great controls this game could become a hit a la Goldeneye for the Nintendo crowd.

ShogunX

Still not sure why anybody interested in the Call Of Duty franchise wouldn't just buy the game on PC,PS3,360.

Unless of course Wii is your only option (Sadface).

Disguises

Wii Speak support was the only thing I felt was missing, now thats in - I can see me playing this game for a very long time indeed*

*as long as it doesn't look like ass...

...we need a trailer...

beef3483

If this game looks like WaW with similar controls then I'll be happy. I actually expect it to look better than that by release.

I wonder how many people who are trashing this game would actually have been interested whatever it looked like.

Shogun PaiN said:
Still not sure why anybody interested in the Call Of Duty franchise wouldn't just buy the game on PC,PS3,360.

^This is what I mean. Some people don't care as much about HD graphics at least not when contrasted with pointer controls. I have a PS3, but I will be getting the Wii version.

Let people have thier preferences and stop cluttering/derailing threads.

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
Shogun PaiN said:

I only have World at War on the 360, but since I missed out on Modern Warfare, I'm using this as an excuse to jump in. That and the Wii Remote.

marc^o^

Shogun PaiN said:
Because the PS Wand is not out yet? Or because many friends have a wii and not a gaming PC?

ShogunX

Fair enough. However IMO the biggest part of Call of Duty is the online element and at this moment in time Wii friend codes, Wii Speak and 2 player Online isn't what I would of thought anybody interested in the franchise is after.

Obviously im wrong.

ksamedi

Scrubking said:
Treyarch confirmed that it didn't have Wii speak because of time constraints among other things. Apparently something changed.

Maybe they listened to the IGN poll?( lol) Maybe they couldn't get rid of the Eavesdrop perk?

Anyway, don't care about Wii Speak in a game like this. Every vid I've seen of MW has nothing but little kids talking shit to each other.

Given Nintendo's policy, I'm sure only friends can talk. Besides, you can turn off voice chat in the PS3/360 versions. hearing kids scream is really not a legitimate complaint anymore.

jrricky

Banned
Shogun PaiN said:
Fair enough. However IMO the biggest part of Call of Duty is the online element and at this moment in time Wii friend codes, Wii Speak and 2 player Online isn't what I would of thought anybody interested in the franchise is after.

Obviously im wrong.
Dont worry, it happens to the lot of us.
Scrubking said:
EDIT: Treyarch just reconfirmed that there is no Wii speak.
:lol

Where the hell are the trailers so I can laugh my ass off?

Scrubking

ksamedi said:
Given Nintendo's policy, I'm sure only friends can talk. Besides, you can turn off voice chat in the PS3/360 versions. hearing kids scream is really not a legitimate complaint anymore.

1. This is the Wii version
2. You totally missed the point which was there is little use for chat since nobody uses it to stratagize in the game. They just talk shit.

3. There is no Wii speak so it doesn't matter.

marc^o^

Scrubking said:
EDIT: Treyarch just reconfirmed that there is no Wii speak.
The game would have sold some Wii Speak devices, that's a pity. On the other hand we can't blame Activision for not trying to take the lead from where Animal Crossing left it.

[Nintex]

Did that FN Nintendo site or whatever fake a COD: MW: R presentation slide? I like how it says that is the best looking shooter on the Wii, like that(outside of shovelware companies) is actually used as a bullet point. I also like the line: "Plays even better with a Wii Zapper!" it just screams fake. I mean someone actually wasted time to make a slide about Wii Speak Support in a game that doesn't have it. Start releasing or announcing games Nintendo, your fanbase has fucking lost it and will start hurting other people soon.

Top Bottom