• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare: [R E F L E X] (Wii) Screens

doomed1 said:
indeed. i'm pretty sure fyzxwhyz threw some disclaimers about the pics on the backs of the boxes. for example, one of the ones on the WaW Wii box was a BS render of Makin in daylight, except that such a level doesn't exist in any such form, not even the DLC map, makin day. i'll believe it when i have it on my TV screen.

speaking of which, i'll be putting together the thread. any final ideas to keep it zany?

Clowns.

Preferably evil ones.

donny2112

doomed1 said:
any final ideas to keep it zany?

Try to get pictures from the back of the box. They're bound to be better than the pictures in this thread. I'm sure they'll pop up soon somewhere.

"Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Wii - The Official Thread of Outselling The Conduit Audience"

?

:p

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
luoapp said:
...The official thread of backing to last generation
naw, i already got a title:

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Reflex Edition Official Thread of sadly the best Wii FPS

Strike said:
Every time this thread gets bumped, I come in expecting to actually see new screens. I always leave disappointed.

Me Too. IM so fucking excited to see this game. God that sounds so stupid, but its true.

onken

lostinblue said:
they should just fire the morron who came up with that piece of idiocy in the first place. And remove it altogether.

Not try to cover it up while keeping it on the damn boxart. Make up your darn mind Acticrapvision

My irony meter just broke.

BadSanta

JJConrad said:
The game has shipped (along with MW2 for the other systems). We received our shipment today. The pictures on the back cover are noticeably better than the pictures that have been released. The lighting and textures do look improved, but I don't think it'll be enough to ward off criticisms (this is NeoGAF after all).

The main picture shows the soldiers walking down a road in the city, it still has some questionable textures on the uniforms and skin.

Pics please!

Effect

I really hope we have pictures soon. When can this be sold again? Like I said no doubt MW2 will look great and play great but I really like using the IR to play FPS so how this game turns out is far more important to me by comparison.

Effect

So today is one of the three days that it was rumored something was finally going to come out for the game media wise. Anyone have any hopes that will actually happen?

my god, anyone can at least take a pic of the backside of the boxart?
I can't believe that this game is out in a few days and we are still on pre-alpha screenshots from half a year ago.
wtf?

I can't remember any game with that less media

spidye

iamaustrian said:
my god, anyone can at least take a pic of the backside of the boxart?
I can't believe that this game is out in a few days and we are still on pre-alpha screenshots from half a year ago.
wtf?

I can't remember any game with that less media
this definitely speaks for the quality of the game.

Gwanatu T

Effect said:
So today is one of the three days that it was rumored something was finally going to come out for the game media wise. Anyone have any hopes that will actually happen?

Well it would be nice, that's for sure.

Scrubking

Effect said:

No, because the rumors were baseless and likely the creation of an internet nerd trying to stir things up. No one has gotten "official" information about this game outside of the closed door press conference 3 months ago. Some publications have resorted to doing previews based on information off of Gamefaqs.

It should be clear how Activision plans to handle this game by now, and going by all the information we have IW to thank for that.

Scrubking said:
No, because the rumors were baseless and likely the creation of an internet nerd trying to stir things up. No one has gotten "official" information about this game outside of the closed door press conference 3 months ago. Some publications have resorted to doing previews based on information off of Gamefaqs.

It should be clear how Activision plans to handle this game by now, and going by all the information we have IW to thank for that.

Yeah, damn those nameless publications doing previews based off of GameFAQs!

But we know what's going on, thanks to a random user's post on GameSpot.

Bluemercury said:
Or the state of wii coverage by gaming press.. maybe?

The press would release screens if they had any.
It just shows how stupid Activision is being with the game that they haven't released a SINGLE "real" screenshot for it, even though it's already in stores.

Scrubking

AceBandage said:
The press would release screens if they had any.
It just shows how stupid Activision is being with the game that they haven't released a SINGLE "real" screenshot for it, even though it's already in stores.

Forget screenshots. Activision hasn't even released a single piece of information outside of their PR hype. For a brand this important to them it is incredible if not incredibly telling.

Scrubking

Photo0003.jpg
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.php?board=970125&topic=52083069

rpmurphy

So is Activision going to put out official media or info before the actual release date? Or maybe on release day? Or after? :lol

I'm buying it regardless of Infinitely Stupid Ward and activition trying their damnedest to stop me.
I'll then by MW2 and get ducked off that I can't point and shoot. Then I'll go back to uncharted 2 and be at peace

minus_273

Banned
so i discoverd this game being sold together with modern warfare on amazon. Also comes out in Nov. It will be interesting a) which one is better and b) which one sells better :p

51Jg28eCLtL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

This is no arcade shooter! Lead your four-man squad through the deadly streets of Beirut, using the tactics and tools of the US Marine Corps.
Both your squad and your enemies feature deadly AI unlike anything you¿ve ever seen before. Step up and command your squad in the only FPS for Wii that lets you issue orders to your fellow Marines!
Gameplay controls have been rebuilt from the ground up to take advantage of the Wii¿s unique motion-based control scheme. Take on your friends in an all-new split-screen multiplayer mode!

minus_273 said:
so i discoverd this game being sold together with modern warfare on amazon. Also comes out in Nov. It will be interesting a) which one is better and b) which one sells better :p

This is no arcade shooter! Lead your four-man squad through the deadly streets of Beirut, using the tactics and tools of the US Marine Corps.
Both your squad and your enemies feature deadly AI unlike anything you¿ve ever seen before. Step up and command your squad in the only FPS for Wii that lets you issue orders to your fellow Marines!
Gameplay controls have been rebuilt from the ground up to take advantage of the Wii¿s unique motion-based control scheme. Take on your friends in an all-new split-screen multiplayer mode!

Isn't Marines just a port of an XBox game that wasn't very good?

Gilby

Arrrgh! No option to lock the gun in the centre of the screen! Why don't developers do this? Why have every option EXCEPT that one? No sale.

Arde5643

Gilby said:
Arrrgh! No option to lock the gun in the centre of the screen! Why don't developers do this? Why have every option EXCEPT that one? No sale.
Uhhh....it's actually in one of the option settings.

But considering we're getting very sparse and limited info on this game thanks to Activison and IW, I can understand why a lot of people are confused.

C.T.

From the way Activision handle this release you could think its a late wonderswan indie release or something. Way to go.

donny2112

minus_273 said:

The only hope I gave that game when it was brought up before was if the controls are like The Conduit, and the Nintendo Power blurb on it said the controls had issues. :(

fyzxwhyz said:
Wish more people recognized this. You can get a lot more graphical mileage out of your game when you have the luxury of designing it around the hardware you're releasing it on. Cod4 obviously was designed for hardware much more powerful than the Wii, and when you downport it, there is only so much you can do without altering map geometry, reducing the number of AI chars, and making other unpleasant changes to the design and playability of the game.

We were forbidden contractually from making any content-based changes to the game - not that it would have been a good idea, anyway.
And from the look of it, its a great downport job. The fact that you had to keep the game essentially the same probably pushed Treyarch to squeeze every ounce of power out of the Wii unlike any other Wii games before it.

Its a shame that more developers didn't do this because I do think ports of other popular games (RE5, Prince of Persia, SF4, Mortal Kombat vs. DC, Orange Box, Madden/FIFA/Wii (real ports of the next gen versions, not ports of the PS2 versions)) are more than possible on the Wii. The only other third party down port that did an admirable job (albeit this was on the PS2/Xbox/GC, not on Wii) that I can think of was NFS Most Wanted.

drakesfortune

Directions: Pull String For Uninformed Rant
DefectiveReject said:
I'm buying it regardless of Infinitely Stupid Ward and activition trying their damnedest to stop me.

That will teach them a lesson! They'll never mess with you again! :lol

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Its a shame that more developers didn't do this because I do think ports of other popular games (RE5, Prince of Persia, SF4, Mortal Kombat vs. DC, Orange Box, Madden/FIFA/Wii (real ports of the next gen versions, not ports of the PS2 versions)) are more than possible on the Wii.
I suspect most of those could indeed be ported, but you would definitely lose quite a bit.

Remember, they ported Half-Life 2 to the original XBOX and the results were not good. It looked close enough, but the framerate was terrible. I don't think the Wii could easily handle the original Half-Life 2 let alone the episodes using the more advanced Source engine. Still, I'd like to see them try.

This wasn't so hot...

half-life-2-20051018045423900_640w.jpg

What makes you think those sports games would really improve all that much over what was possible on XBOX? I mean, the types of graphical flourishes added to the latest sports titles are exactly the kind of thing the Wii does not excel at.

dark10x said:
I suspect most of those could indeed be ported, but you would definitely lose quite a bit.

Remember, they ported Half-Life 2 to the original XBOX and the results were not good. It looked close enough, but the framerate was terrible. I don't think the Wii could easily handle the original Half-Life 2 let alone the episodes using the more advanced Source engine. Still, I'd like to see them try.

This wasn't so hot...

half-life-2-20051018045423900_640w.jpg

What makes you think those sports games would really improve all that much over what was possible on XBOX? I mean, the types of graphical flourishes added to the latest sports titles are exactly the kind of thing the Wii does not excel at.

I never said it would improve anything or rather that the Wii can do more than the Xbox can do from a technical standpoint (if the primary development teams continued working on the Xbox versions of their games along side the next gen versions, it would also likely be much much better than the PS2 ports they released, gameplay/features/control schemes in various sports games have evolved since then). I just think EA missed the boat on both PC gaming, and the Wii and even the end of the PS2 lifecycle. They were developing shovelware for those platforms (and sometimes no games at all) and they tricked a lot of uneducated buyers into thinking they were buying a new game, and perhaps even the same game as the next gen versions. You know what ended up happening? Their sales for those platforms dried up and not all of those sales ended up switching over to the next generation. Partly because some people felt fleeced, partly because some people just didn't want to switch when they thought they had a perfectly good gaming machine, and partly because those people may have not known the next generation versions were in fact a different and better game. EA's job should have been to sell their games, not to sell the next gen platforms. Their strategy backfired and now they are bleeding money.

edit: I should clarify my position on sports games. Lets take the NHL series. With NHL 07 they shoveled off PC/PS2 development to a studio in Montreal, a studio which wasn't familiar with the code and was undermanned and wasn't able to do much except a roster update (check my note below). NHL 07-09 for PC/PS2 was based off of NHL 06 which was one of the worst games of the series (very arcadey, players looked too fat, puck physics were very canned). Meanwhile 2K sports (who do get a bad rap because their graphics suck, but their gameplay is still pretty good) was able to continue development on PS2 and eventually on Wii, and they ended up having a game thats feature for feature equivalent between the Wii and 360/PS3. Had EA done that, they'd actually have some games on PC/PS2/Wii that people would want to buy. And if that happened, those sales would likely eventually transfer to the next generation.

Note: you know how people say sports games are just roster updates from one year to the next? Well EA Sports' PS2/PC games post-360 are true roster updates. They don't change ANYTHING except the roster and reskin the game. With the 360 games they are doing full development and adding new features, fine tuning existing systems, removing exploits, and just making a better and deeper experience. None of that was happening with the post-360 PS2/PC games.

Boerseun

Banned
I'm unable to search the forum and Google isn't helping any. I would appreciate if someone would point me to the Modern Warfare Wii friend codes thread. I remember seeing one. Thank you!

Lonely1

Unconfirmed Member
Boerseun said:
I'm unable to search the forum and Google isn't helping any. I would appreciate if someone would point me to the Modern Warfare Wii friend codes thread. I remember seeing one. Thank you!
There's a link at the Official Thread. I play this game very often, wanna exchange codes?

Top Bottom