• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Reflex Edition Official Thread Of Pre-Alpha Screens

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
TjZdAbl.jpg

Sup all, welcome to the awesome

First, the Basics:
Developer: Infinity Ward (Original)/Treyarch (Port)
Platforms: Wii (though technically Xbox 360, PS3, and PC too, but we don't talk about them around her...)
Genre: FIRST PERSON GUID- er, I mean, First Person Shooter (Sorry, wrong thread)
Release Date: November 10, 2009 (November 6, 2007 on other platforms, but again, WE DON'T TALK ABOUT THEM!)
MSRP: Standard Edition - 49.99USD | Super Special Awesome Edition* - ELEVENTY BILLION YEN
Official Website: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

ONLINE MEET-UP THREAD

Now the stuff you look at: Boxarts and SKUs:

Standard Edition
JkZyBjV.jpg

Super Special Awesome Edition*
TA6aH9F.jpg
Includes EXTRA AWESOMESAUCE!**

And now a message from the (former) President:
Terrersts have taken over some random Middle Eastern country I can't remember the name of. They EVEN have WMDS! (Waffles of Mass Deliciousness... heheh, waffles rule). Are you a Bad enough Dude to kill all the terrersts and stop those nuculer weapons from destroying the eastern seaboard (If you're not, it's okay, they're a bunch of liberal hippies anyway, heheh)

You know, where you point at the thingy, and the thingy moves? the... oh Christ... The Gameplay! right...:
Control your soldier like never before, Bad Dude, achieve unprecidented levels of accuracy by using the Wii remote to kill the terrersts. Controls are completely customizable for you to be able to kill terrersts in the most efficient way you can. this includes Conduit-like dead space customization, button remapping, and whole new ways to aim and shoot!

now let's take a break for our sponsers, US!

Kill you friends on the Wii with MODERN weaponry! MULTIPLAYER:
Hey there! Not a Bad enough Dude to just play the Single player Ad Infinitum? Hi, I'm Troy McClure, and you might remember me from such classic games as Shooty-Shooty Boom-Boom and Ultimate Murder Streak XXIV, and I'm here to introduce the Wii's online capabilities in relation to the beloved port coming to it.

Treyarch worked their slave-monkey butts off in terrible conditions for literally beans, not because of the Activition whip masters and the fact that their cute primate limbs are chained to their stations, but because they love YOU: the Wii consumer. Multiplayer has been perfectly simulated, bringing all 16 Modern Warfare original maps and bringing the player count to a whopping 10 players. Tired of inserting all of those individual Wii codes for every game? Well, tire no more! You can import your Wii friends list right into your game's friends list!

Unfortunately, we weren't able to get voice chat via the clearly popular WiiSpeak, but that's only because Mr. Bumbles here had to pass away in the middle of coding it right. Don't worry folks, he's burning in hell right now. Ha ha ah.

Also, just like the original, they have all of the perks, weapons, ranks, class customization, and challenges of the original. Well, except for Eavesdropping, which as Mr. Bumbles has taught us, is totally useless. Now we also have exciting news, for the first time in Call of Duty 4, we have host migration and map glitch hotfixes, providing an optimal experience for all associated!

So I'll see YOU on the battlefield, that is, if you're a Bad enough Dude, you sly dog.

And now for something completely different: a random interview!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THIAE5VJMrg

AND NOW, THE MOMENT YOU'VE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR, SCREENS!***
d53CabS.jpg

tqDVRsy.jpg

call-of-duty-4-modern-warfare-20090819003436130_640w.jpg

mCj3MhZ.jpg

SMnSWij.jpg

IkxzaBH.jpg

not-pre-alpha screens may make their way here eventually.

Video:
There isn't actually any of this, but i'm going to post a bunch once i get the game next week with my new capture card!

Reviews:
1up - A-
Porting Modern Warfare to Wii is ridiculous, no doubt about it, but ridiculous porting is a practice as old as time. Think of it like this: the Wii-mote has already proven it can be a good FPS controller, so what's wrong in bringing a good FPS to Wii? Modern Warfare is still an excellent game, even when it's done "good enough" on weaker technology, and like it or not, Reflex fills a niche. Maybe there's a family that only owns a Wii, but with a dad who might enjoy something a little rougher than Mario Kart. If the Wii's your only console, or even if you're just curious, you should definitely pick up Reflex and have some fun with one of the highest-regarded shooters in recent memory.

Final Thoughts:
alright guys, try and keep this RELATIVELY sane. as silly as the OP is, this is still a "serious" official game thread. lulz are welcome, but use for cheapshots at the Wii and this game are frowned upon. The team at Treyarch really did work hard to bring this to us, so we should keep an open mind at least.

see you on the battlefield. I'll have an online meetup thread closer to launch.

*does not actually exist
**results may vary
***Pre-Alpha

Captain N

does doomed1 want to host the screens himself? instead of using the ones from my account? Only because I might let it run out and they will be gone soon.

hellclerk

Captain N said:
does doomed1 want to host the screens himself? instead of using the ones from my account? Only because I might let it run out and they will be gone soon.
done. sorry about that.

Jangaroo said:
I'm just drawn to tragedies... Would probably run both the this and the 360 version at the same time on 2 TVs and try to play both ambidextrously while giggling hysterically the whole time.

I need help...

MiniDitka

Nice thread. I'll post some gameplay vids here on release day.

Edit: I'll check to see if Gamestop has the guide tomorrow when I pick up NFS:Nitro, If they do I'll try and snap some pics or maybe just pick it up.

Mamesj

Banned
doomed1 said:

If you look closely, you can see it's a totally new gun-- it shoots a tiny guy who has a machine gun and shoots at the enemy, which shoots a tiny guy that shoots at the enemy, which shoots a tiny guy that shoots at the enemy, and so on.

Treyarch took it literally when people called out for post-modern warfare.

hellclerk

Mamesj said:
If you look closely, you can see it's a totally new gun-- it shoots a tiny guy who has a machine gun and shoots at the enemy, which shoots a tiny guy that shoots at the enemy, which shoots a tiny guy that shoots at the enemy, and so on.

as a Literary major, I APPRECIATE THIS JOKE :lol :lol :lol

hellclerk

Andrex said:
No screens would probably be better than those screens.

In fact, a minimalistic OP like the first official MW2 thread would probably be for the best (and it would start a MW official thread "theme"!)
i disagree. besides, Mamesj's "minimalist" thread was PURE satire that this game is getting so huge that Activision doesn't even have to try anymore.

so congratulations, you just suggested for me to replace my joke OP with another joke OP. :lol

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
doomed1 said:
i disagree. besides, Mamesj's "minimalist" thread was PURE satire that this game is getting so huge that Activision doesn't even have to try anymore.

so congratulations, you just suggested for me to replace my joke OP with another joke OP. :lol

...then I expect the thread to be closed shortly. :lol

hellclerk

Andrex said:
...then I expect the thread to be closed shortly. :lol
and it was a mod who suggested i make it silly.

it communicates the necessary information, no? please, point out where you're having trouble and i can see what i can do.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
doomed1 said:

it communicates the necessary information, no? please, point out where you're having trouble and i can see what i can do.

What was wrong with the last thread? The only thing we've learned since then is that the game doesn't have WiiSpeak support and the multiplayer cap is even lower.

hamchan

doomed1 said:

Don't change it. I applaud this OP, it's brilliant.

doomed1 said:
Hi, I'm Troy McClure, and you might remember me from such classic games as Shooty-Shooty Boom-Boom and Ultimate Murder Streak XXIV, and I'm here to introduce the Wii's online capabilities in relation to the beloved port coming to it.
:lol :lol :lol :lol

_bluemoon

Mamesj said:

:lol

Looking forward to this game too. God knows why given the lack of info and media right now. Perhaps a false sense of hope?

Thunderbear

Mawio Gawaxy iz da Wheeson hee pways games
salva said:
I remember something like this was done for CoD:WaW and it ended up being better than CoD4.

CoD: WaW was better than CoD4? News to me... Unless you are talking about the threads themselves.

TunaLover said:
It includes direct feed gameplay, brand new trailer, and exclusive screenshots

They are really trying te let this game fail strategically, don't they? Maybe we should all buy The Hunted instead?

Gamer @ Heart said:
Before or after IW fucked up the hype for MW2?

says Tony Bartel, executive vice president for merchandising and marketing at GameStop. "As of today, the number of pre-order reservations we've taken for the game is the highest for any title we've ever sold in our 6,200 store network."

says Tony Bartel, executive vice president for merchandising and marketing at GameStop. "As of today, the number of pre-order reservations we've taken for the game is the highest for any title we've ever sold in our 6,200 store network."

HYPE RUINED!

xbhaskarx

Mamesj said:

:lol :lol

Disguises

Totally looking forward to picking this up Monday night! I'd help get some videos but I have no way of capturing whatsoever :(. The 'Mile high club' achievement took me ages on 360 and I'm totally looking forward to getting my ass kicked again.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
This is seriously one of the greatest OP's I've ever seen.

Why hasn't there been any footage of this game yet? All that's been released are the pre-alpha screens. Shouldn't they you know, show something by now? Either way, funny OP. Props.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Watching the Interview on Youtube, I am getting a bit Hyped have this on Pre-Order just want to hear what the reviews are like.

Not Really a big FPS fan but have liked the Conduit and the way it controls so want to give this a shot.

I would love for them to hit the mark in this game and prove that even though it is not HD the Wii can still make large intense games

Treyarch I salute you

Just one thing no Wii Speak pourquoi ??

Multiplay Online Awesome about time more use is made of the Wii for this

I whole heartily endorse this Invasion/Advert/PSA

Top Bottom