• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Reflex Edition Official Thread Of Pre-Alpha Screens

Gamer @ Heart said:
I said specifically GAF. A month ago IW were gods. The Activision stain has now smeared over them a bit.

50% of GAF will buy MW2 and admit it. The other 50% will buy it, never admit it, and keep on screaming about how IW is killing pc gaming. It makes everyone happy.

SuperMattyFighter2T said:
50% of GAF will buy MW2 and admit it. The other 50% will buy it, never admit it, and keep on screaming about how IW is killing pc gaming. It makes everyone happy.
No, nowhere near 100% of GAF, even counting only active posters, will buy MW2.

As someone who bought COD4 week one for the PC, raising the price for the sequel to $60 USD was bad enough but I was perfectly willing to blame Activision for that one, it didn't tarnish my opinion of IW any. However, keeping such a fundamental change as removing the dedicated server option under wraps for as long as they did and then going on to insult potential customers who were rightly outraged did. Irreparably.

Ormberg

Count me in as rallied up about this version and it's mostly due to fyzxwhyz in the other thread but also the total blackout from Activision on this title. It's like a mystery, I mean pre-alpha screenshots only?!

Sadist

Rewrite said:
This is seriously one of the greatest OP's I've ever seen.

Why hasn't there been any footage of this game yet? All that's been released are the pre-alpha screens. Shouldn't they you know, show something by now? Either way, funny OP. Props.
According to a guy from Treyarch who started posting in the other thread (Gave a lot of info regarding the game) Activision should have released some info allready, but it never happened. But, it seems that IW and Activsion both have some control about the game and thus all media.

rezuth said:
I'm not sure it will ever move beyond that stage.
We'll see in a few days I guess.

Metal Gear?! said:
No, nowhere near 100% of GAF, even counting only active posters, will buy MW2.

As someone who bought COD4 week one for the PC, raising the price for the sequel to $60 USD was bad enough but I was perfectly willing to blame Activision for that one, it didn't tarnish my opinion of IW any. However, keeping such a fundamental change as removing the dedicated server option under wraps for as long as they did and then going on to insult potential customers who were rightly outraged did. Irreparably.

So you're part of the latter 50% of GAF ;)

Ormberg said:
Count me in as rallied up about this version and it's mostly due to fyzxwhyz in the other thread but also the total blackout from Activision on this title. It's like a mystery, I mean pre-alpha screenshots only?!

First beta, then alpha, now pre-alpha.. what next, 5 minute mock ups?

Vagabundo

Ormberg

Dabookerman said:
First beta, then alpha, now pre-alpha.. what next, 5 minute mock ups?
What, they weren't pre-alpha but beta?
Sorry, had no idea. Still hilariously tragic though.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
doomed1 said:
28coitw.jpg
I love that midget on the right side. He looks so shopped there.

Vagabundo

Seriously, let this thread be about COD MW Wii; not about black bullshots etc...

Go pollute the other thread with that shit.. Go on now, shoo...

stilgar

killer7ITA said:
I'm feeling bad with COD on Wii...

BLACK on PS2... is still better... :lol

Oh god you're so right! I never figured it out before, and I didn't hear such an accurate criticism, not even in a previous thread!

rezuth

killer7ITA said:

skan1-640.jpg
Can we please stop with the bullshots? Black looks okay but it does not have AA or AF.

stilgar

goomba said:
COD: World at War

Wii compared to 360

[]http://www.wiizap.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/cod-waw-wii-xbox360-2.jpg[/IMG]

You know, I'm glad your picture didn't load, because it would have add a shitty comparison to an already crappy page (thx again, black-is-better-here's-m-bullshot guy)

onken

Ugh the controls on the Wii version of WaW were atrocious (no doubt due to the terrible frame-rate), so I expect no better this time.

Disguises

onken said:
Ugh the controls on the Wii version of WaW were atrocious (no doubt due to the terrible frame-rate), so I expect no better this time.
Treyarch have added a multitude of control enhancements including conduit-like customisable controls so you can alter the bounding box/speed of cursor/turn speed and change which buttons effect which action. I didn't have a problem with WaW's controls (until conduit came out) and I'm expecting reflex controls to be much better.

PaNaMa

Banned
FYI

There is no mention of this game being in development for Wii on Treyarch's website, or on Activision's. No links, no forum message boards, nothing nada. There hasn't been a screenshot released or preview update in months, and the game is due out in 7 days.

So I went to Gamestop's site to see what they have to say. And their game writeup/blurb/hype is as follows:

SQUADMATE MODE – For the first time, play through the epic campaign of Modern Warfare side-by-side with a friend on a single screen. At any moment, a second Wii Remote can be activated, giving the second player their own aiming crosshair to support their Squadmate with additional firepower.
UNPARALLELED Wii MULTIPLAYER – The best multiplayer action in gaming comes to Wii with full support for perks, challenges, kill streaks, and customizable classes. All game modes including Team Deathmatch, Free for All, Domination, Sabotage, Headquarters, Search & Destroy, and Arcade Mode are now available. Jump on the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection to dominate opponents online with air strikes and attack helicopter support, unlockable abilities, and sophisticated weaponry.
STUNNING VISUALS – Featuring immersive graphics and amazing special effects, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare: Reflex is the most visually impressive Wii game to date.
AUTHENTIC ADVANCED WEAPONRY – Featuring an arsenal of more than 70 weapons and gear including assault rifles with laser sights, claymore mines, .50 caliber sniper rifles, and M-249 SAW machine guns, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare: Reflex has you locked and loaded to accomplish the mission.
OPTIMIZED FOR Wii ZAPPER™ – Completely customizable control settings and full Wii Zapper support adds a new layer of depth to the visceral action of Modern Warfare.

Pre-order Ships 11/10/2009

So I guess it's still coming ..

gamingeek said:
Can we please get the screenshot comparison BS out of here? It was bad enough in the other thread.

Theres nothing else to talk about this game, there is zero information or media out for it beyond the awfulness.

Perhaps if activision would put some effort in it we wouldl have something to discuss?

Ormberg

PaNaMa said:
FYI

There is no mention of this game being in development for Wii on Treyarch's website, or on Activision's. No links, no forum message boards, nothing nada. There hasn't been a screenshot released or preview update in months, and the game is due out in 7 days.
Well I can't even find Modern Warfare 2 on www.activision.com so not sure how much that's worth.

Mamesj

Banned
killer7ITA said:

skan1-640.jpg

ummm yeah, that's the bullshottiest bullshot that ever bulled. I don't think the PS2 was capable of crysis-level graphics, let alone a layer of anti-aliasing.

gamingeek

BattleMonkey said:
Theres nothing else to talk about this game, there is zero information or media out for it beyond the awfulness.

Perhaps if activision would put some effort in it we wouldl have something to discuss?

There's actually a shitload of information posted in the other thread by J-Rock and one of the Treyarch developers to talk about.

I've just posted a screenshot from one of the best FPS for PS2-Xbox... and so... I'm feeling bad with THIS COD on Wii.

Maybe in the future things will be different. ;)

Because comparing post-processed screens from one of the PS2's best-looking games with pre-alpha screens from a game designed without the Wii in mind and with limited resources is a telltale sign that you are trolling, whether you realize it or not.

scitek

killer7ITA said:
I've just posted a screenshot from one of the best FPS for PS2-Xbox... and so... I'm feeling bad with THIS COD on Wii.

We know what it is. There was already another thread discussing this game where all of the comparisons possible were made, we don't need to see it again. You also have to consider the situation this game is coming out of, whereas Black was designed from the ground-up for the PS2, this game is being downgraded from systems vastly superior in processing power, yet still maintaining most of its features. Totally different situations, so quit pretending to compare apples to apples, because you're not.

PaNaMa said:
FYI

So I went to Gamestop's site to see what they have to say. And their game writeup/blurb/hype is as follows:

SQUADMATE MODE – For the first time, play through the epic campaign of Modern Warfare side-by-side with a friend on a single screen. At any moment, a second Wii Remote can be activated, giving the second player their own aiming crosshair to support their Squadmate with additional firepower.
UNPARALLELED Wii MULTIPLAYER – The best multiplayer action in gaming comes to Wii with full support for perks, challenges, kill streaks, and customizable classes. All game modes including Team Deathmatch, Free for All, Domination, Sabotage, Headquarters, Search & Destroy, and Arcade Mode are now available. Jump on the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection to dominate opponents online with air strikes and attack helicopter support, unlockable abilities, and sophisticated weaponry.
STUNNING VISUALS – Featuring immersive graphics and amazing special effects, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare: Reflex is the most visually impressive Wii game to date.
AUTHENTIC ADVANCED WEAPONRY – Featuring an arsenal of more than 70 weapons and gear including assault rifles with laser sights, claymore mines, .50 caliber sniper rifles, and M-249 SAW machine guns, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare: Reflex has you locked and loaded to accomplish the mission.
OPTIMIZED FOR Wii ZAPPER™ – Completely customizable control settings and full Wii Zapper support adds a new layer of depth to the visceral action of Modern Warfare.

Pre-order Ships 11/10/2009

So I guess it's still coming ..

It's already in stores, actually.
Shipped with MW2.

killer7ITA said:

Yeah, we'll likely have one less Junior on this board.
:p

radcliff said:
Are the pre-alpha shots the ones on the back of the box?

No, they're different.
They look a bit better, especially the textures, but whether or not they'll be indicative of in game, I'm not sure.

J-Rock

Banned
For those that may have missed this info...

Since the beginning of Sept two Treyarch Devs(Shonuff & fyzxwhyz) that worked on CoD:MWR were answering questions for fans on the Official CoD:WaW Wii forum and the GameFAQs/Gamespot forum. I collected all of the info they gave.

Part 1

Part 2

luoapp

AvidNobody said:
It sucks that it will actually sell a bunch of copies I bet.

Why? I will be pretty glad if that does happen, esp. after Dead Space: extraction only sold 9000 in its first week.

SmokeMaxX

Haunted said:
It's Treyarch, so the chances are slim.

Joke post? At least their game will have some semblance of support after the game has shipped in addition to actually being on the Wii in the first place.

Top Bottom