• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Reflex Edition Official Thread Of Pre-Alpha Screens

luoapp said:
Why? I will be pretty glad if that does happen, esp. after Dead Space: extraction only sold 9000 in its first week.

You would want Dead Space Extraction to sell well, new original games on Wii. You don't want shit like this to sell well, it just shows that they can put little effort into the wii to give it ports of several year old games and make money.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
PaNaMa said:
STUNNING VISUALS – Featuring immersive graphics and amazing special effects, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare: Reflex is the most visually impressive Wii game to date.

HA HA HA HA HA! :lol

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Jethro said:
So you have seen the game in action, little Peregrin Took? ;D

Oh please, if this ends up looking better than even Red Steel I'll eat my hat.

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
Andrex said:
Oh please, if this ends up looking better than even Red Steel I'll eat my hat.
*facepalm* you're trolling this game Andrex? seriously? SERIOUSLY? SERIOUSLY? please, get out before you embarrass yourself...

Cosmo Clock 21 said:
Because comparing post-processed screens from one of the PS2's best-looking games with pre-alpha screens from a game designed without the Wii in mind and with limited resources is a telltale sign that you are trolling, whether you realize it or not.

Post-Processed Screen ? Have you ever played with Black ?

Trolling ? Anyway... if the final release will be better-equal than BLACK i'll say: Great Job !
But, if not will be... i'll say: I was right... BLACK is still better. :p

Take it easy...

P.S. Call of duty 3 for Wii... by IGN
call-of-duty-3-20060929051916869_640w.jpg

It's not my fault... and i'm not trolling

obaidr

Banned
doomed1 said:
*facepalm* you're trolling this game Andrex? seriously? SERIOUSLY? SERIOUSLY? please, get out before you embarrass yourself...

Andrex: If tomorrow the sun will not come out, i will eat my head.
doomed1: *facepalm* you're trolling this [...] Andrex? seriously? SERIOUSLY? SERIOUSLY? please, get out before you embarrass yourself...

Fixed :lol

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
doomed1 said:

Some Nintendo fans have to be level-headed about this situation. =)

killer7ITA said:
Trolling ? Anyway... if the final release will be better-equal than BLACK i'll say: Great Job !
But, if not will be... i'll say: I was right... BLACK is still better. :p

Take it easy...

P.S. Call of duty 3 for Wii... by IGN
call-of-duty-3-20060929051916869_640w.jpg

It's not my fault... and i'm not trolling

You're not trolling with an image of a launch title with a development team of 2 people vs. a fully dedicated team developing specifically for the platform Black released on? Come on.

I'll tell you right now that MW2 won't look like Black, because the source game is far beyond what Black was doing on PS2.

scitek

Personally, I think Ubisoft's failure to provide Red Steel with playable controls when they had a full team working exclusively on it is much more embarrassing than the graphics of a heavily scaled-down port of an HD game, especially when a TWO-MAN TEAM was able to whoop Red Steel's ass in the control department way back at the system's launch. A team from the same developer working on this game, no less.

DeaconKnowledge said:
You're not trolling with an image of a launch title with a development team of 2 people vs. a fully dedicated team developing specifically for the platform Black released on? Come on.

Come on ? Killzone 2 is better than Haze... so i'm trolling because Killzone 2 team is bigger/better than Haze "smaller" team ?

I just said: Black (now) is better than COD for Wii. So... trolling ?

scitek

killer7ITA said:
Come on ?

Killzone 2 is better than Haze... so i'm trolling because Killzone 2 team is bigger/better than Haze team ?

You might not think you're trolling, but regardless, your comparisons are silly. I don't care if this game doesn't stand up to Black in the end graphically, Black was also laden with AI dumber than a bag of hammers and no multiplayer whatsoever. MWii will likely trump it in those two places alone.

Disguises

Went into my local gamestation today to see if they have any new info on it and they looked at me like I just made the game up. Said they know nothing about it, got nothing on record and asked me when it was released, lol. Midnight launch at HMV it is!

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
vumpler said:
Sounds like an avatar bet to me!

Well, Red Steel was actually a pretty good looking game. Probably the best looking Wii FPS behind the Prime games, beating The Conduit's raw tech with a good art style. So maybe I was cheating by saying that. :p

Disguises said:
Went into my local gamestation today to see if they have any new info on it and they looked at me like I just made the game up. Said they know nothing about it, got nothing on record and asked me when it was released, lol. Midnight launch at HMV it is!

The fuck.. Midnight Launch??

scitek said:
You might not think you're trolling, but regardless, your comparisons are silly. I don't care if this game doesn't stand up to Black in the end graphically, Black was also laden with AI dumber than a bag of hammers and no multiplayer whatsoever. MWii will likely trump it in those two places alone.

AI in COD4? lol

Multiplayer is the advantage yes, but there is really no actual AI involved in COD games. Turning up difficulty simply increases volume of bullets and grenades coming at you :lol

hellclerk

Dabookerman said:
Wait this is the right thread..

Why is he talking about MW2 in a MW Downgrade thread?
this game is coming out on the same day as MW2. it stands to reason that they would ship them both at the same time to keep costs low.

andymcc

Banned
doomed1 said:
this game is coming out on the same day as MW2. it stands to reason that they would ship them both at the same time to keep costs low.

the mw2 bros will beat you up while in line if they see you buying a wii game.

Disguises

Dabookerman said:
The fuck.. Midnight Launch??
Yeah, going to the midnight launch for MW2 and have been told I can get MW reflex at the same time. I'll be the only one there getting the Wii version. Hope I'm first in line! haha. That'd be fun

GWX

After playing WaW Wii last year, can't say I'm excited to play it. Seriously, it was poor. Not bad, but it looked bad and had poor framerate (at least is what I remember).

Still, if the reviews are solid (read: better than WaW - that actually got some good reviews, can't understand why), maybe a rental to play through the SP again, just for the lulz and comparison with the awesome PC version.

vanguardian1

poor, homeless and tasteless
Only partially related, I found it ironic that at a newer Gamestop today I saw COD : Waw Wii retailing for higher than the PC/360/PS3 versions....

MiniDitka

Disguises said:
Yeah, going to the midnight launch for MW2 and have been told I can get MW reflex at the same time. I'll be the only one there getting the Wii version. Hope I'm first in line! haha. That'd be fun
Really? last year Gamestop told me I could pick up WAW Wii at the midnight launch but when I got there they said it wouldn't be in until the next day. I was at GS today and they didn't have the guide in and weren't sure when or if they were getting it.

onken

Disguises said:
Treyarch have added a multitude of control enhancements including conduit-like customisable controls so you can alter the bounding box/speed of cursor/turn speed and change which buttons effect which action. I didn't have a problem with WaW's controls (until conduit came out) and I'm expecting reflex controls to be much better.

Yeah well excuse me if I take your posts with a pinch of salt. The controls were fucking awful, end of story. I honestly have never been more frustrated with a game's controls, even Red Steel was better.

Jesus christ GAF. The fake MW2 thread was funny. This is just trolling. I have no intention of buying this game, but considering Treyarch's bitch status in the Activision hierarchy of development studios, isn't it a little insulting to those poor guys.
They made a shit ton of money for Activision with WaW plus had better community support than IW, yet it's obvious Activision still gives them no respect.

It's obvious they were given no time or money and were ordered to make a quick, dirty port. The fact that they even have all the maps from the original says at least something of an effort.

And to be honest, pointer controls sound fun especially with a non-zapper shell casing even though i will probably never play this.

You guys are too hard on Treyarch.

MiniDitka

onken said:
Yeah well excuse me if I take your posts with a pinch of salt. The controls were fucking awful, end of story. I honestly have never been more frustrated with a game's controls, even Red Steel was better.
I thought WAW controls were pretty good when the frame-rate was stable and much better than Red Steel. But to each his/her own.

_bluemoon

People had trouble with CODWAW's controls? Thought they were quite good actually. Not quite on the same level as The Conduit or Medal of Honour Heroes 2, but I didn't have a problem with them.

The sad thing about this whole thing is it could be graphically impressive. But we don't know because there's no screens besides pre-alpha stuff.

Guess what? CoD 4 360/PS3 wasn't the Crysis of FPS. I had to get my HDTV fixed a few weeks ago and was forced to play CoD 4 on an SDTV. If anything, it made the sub HD shitty textures less noticeable, yet IW gets a free pass.

I love how everyone on GAF hates IW now for gimping shit and calling for boycotts when back when WaW came out, as far as the HD console side is concerned, basically everyone said lol Treyarch. Nevermind the fact that WaW was a huge success and is still consistently in the top ten Live activity lists. And they released 3 map packs. Three. IW only bothered to release one shitty map pack.

Now back to the Wii port. All maps included and all gametypes on likely a shitty budget and no turn around time. That does not scream half assed to me. That screams hard working Treyarch slaves who did the best they could with the resources granted them who get no respect while IW got a huge ego.

hellclerk

GillianSeed79 said:
The sad thing about this whole thing is it could be graphically impressive. But we don't know because there's no screens besides pre-alpha stuff.

Guess what? CoD 4 360/PS3 wasn't the Crysis of FPS. I had to get my HDTV fixed a few weeks ago and was forced to play CoD 4 on an SDTV. If anything, it made the sub HD shitty textures less noticeable, yet IW gets a free pass.

I love how everyone on GAF hates IW now for gimping shit and calling for boycotts when back when WaW came out, as far as the HD console side is concerned, basically everyone said lol Treyarch. Nevermind the fact that WaW was a huge success and is still consistently in the top ten Live activity lists. And they released 3 map packs. Three. IW only bothered to release one shitty map pack.

Now back to the Wii port. All maps included and all gametypes on likely a shitty budget and no turn around time. That does not scream half assed to me. That screams hard working Treyarch slaves who did the best they could with the resources granted them who get no respect while IW got a huge ego.
well, yeah. I'll not be buying MW2, and the only reason why it interests me at this point is because it effects a project i'm doing about the literature of interactive entertainment. it's the poster boy for scripted storytelling. it's actually quite perverse in how blatant it is by it.

but until IW (and Activision) have their slice of humble pie, I'll be abstaining from most Activision related purchases unless I feel as though the game was made in the interest of the consumer as opposed to the wallet of the investors. This game is an example of that, plus I had a shit-ton of fun with WaW on the Wii, so this looks just as good.

SmokeMaxX

I like Treyarch as a company. Sometimes I'm not sure if they have the talent that IW has (i.e. WaW shipping with dozens of glitches; CoD4 not having that many significant glitches), but their customer support is fantastic. Three map packs? Great. Fix glitches? Great. Put everything in multiplayer that people want? Great. Fix all the problems with CoD4? Great.

IMO, they're much better than IW at so many things, it's unfortunate that they've become second-class citizens. One day you'll get your time to shine, Treyarch. Hopefully it's next year. Or hopefully it's this year with MWii.

I'm intrigued by the idea of playing CoD 4 with Conduit's awesome controls. I manage to enjoy it even with PS3's dual analog set-up, which I personally find extremely unwieldy.

It's clear more than a modicum of effort went into this title. I'd love to see a ground up CoD for Wii. From Treyarch even. This wouldn't just improve the engine and graphics, but it'd allow the developer to compromise some functions and work wholly within the Wii remote's limited number of buttons.

As for Red Steel, I'd love to read a well-researched, in-depth post mortem done on that title from a an actual gaming journalist. It's possible that Red Steel's reception had as much to do with the unfortunate current situation of enthusiast games and genres on Wii as did the initial dump of shovelware from publishers caught with their pants down.

Vagabundo

Freezie KO said:
I'm intrigued by the idea of playing CoD 4 with Conduit's awesome controls. I manage to enjoy it even with PS3's dual analog set-up, which I personally find extremely unwieldy.

Your not the only one. Dual analogue controls are so last gen; I wish they were gone already.

At least next gen they will be relegated to classic controller status and only used for backward compatibility.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
I feel bad for the developers working on this title. I'm pretty sure they are great, hard working folks. It seems they're getting the shaft due to upper management and in the end they'll get the blame if end users are, for any reason, unhappy. Hope you guys keep your spirits up!

Just thought I'd point this out. =)

SmokyDave

Vagabundo said:
Your not the only one. Dual analogue controls are so last gen; I wish they were gone already.

At least next gen they will be relegated to classic controller status and only used for backward compatibility.

How funny that your 'My way or the highway' attitude is exactly that which you criticise Infinity Ward for.

Magik

SmokeMaxX said:
I like Treyarch as a company. Sometimes I'm not sure if they have the talent that IW has (i.e. WaW shipping with dozens of glitches; CoD4 not having that many significant glitches), but their customer support is fantastic. Three map packs? Great. Fix glitches? Great. Put everything in multiplayer that people want? Great. Fix all the problems with CoD4? Great.

IMO, they're much better than IW at so many things, it's unfortunate that they've become second-class citizens. One day you'll get your time to shine, Treyarch. Hopefully it's next year. Or hopefully it's this year with MWii.

Treyarch will get respect when they make their own franchise and tech.

WaW is nothing more than a reskin of CoD4 from the animations to the online component. When the majority of the programming is already done (check the PC files) and handed to you, its not too difficult to excel in areas the previous developer had trouble in.

So until Treyarch gets the opportunity to create something of their own, they will always be second-class citizens, which is unfortunate.

scitek

Magik said:
Treyarch will get respect when they make their own franchise and tech.

WaW is nothing more than a reskin of CoD4 from the animations to the online component. When the majority of the programming is already done (check the PC files) and handed to you, its not too difficult to excel in areas the previous developer had trouble in.

So until Treyarch gets the opportunity to create something of their own, they will always be second-class citizens, which is unfortunate.

CoD4 was running on a modified Quake 3 engine. Treyarch still crafted a fun game regardless of what assets they used. They do get credit for that.

Top Bottom