• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X and Y Leaks, Releases Early

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ondore

Apparently Kanpachi confirmed Togepi to be pure-Fairy, has anyone corroborated this?

I want some Bravely Default Togekiss.

nillapuddin

I have been following this since day 1 and still havent seen anything regarding EV/IV, I was under the impression that GF were going to make these more accessible (or visually represented) any notion of that I might have missed?

btw, Im playing a fan-made right now, Zeta, and the way it handles them is making life so great for me right now
EgCo2GR.gif
p.s. i know the example isnt a perfect breed, just an example

So two of my favorite Pokemon , Gardevoir and Togekiss may be fairy type? Sigh, I hate using Pokemon of the same type, this is gonna make my competitive team even harder to decide.

Holmes

One would hope so! I hope events are the kind where they give you and item that activates an event quest, rather than just distributing the pokemon.
That'd be for the better. Could also be the Pokemon are distributed, but come with items that start events at those areas.

Pudge

One would hope so! I hope events are the kind where they give you and item that activates an event quest, rather than just distributing the pokemon.

I was always disappointed that I never got to climb into heaven to capture God in a Pokeball in my Pearl version.

Berordn

So two of my favorite Pokemon , Gardevoir and Togekiss may be fairy type? Sigh, I hate using Pokemon of the same type, this is gonna make my competitive team even harder to decide.

I can't help but wonder which of the two would actually benefit more from Fairy type. Gardevoir was always desperate for a secondary STAB to give it a better niche, but Togekiss is all sorts of boss anyway and being a hard counter to dragons can only end well for her.

So, if I'm doing it right:

-Mawhile: Steel/Fairy
-Snubull/Granbull: Normal/Fairy
-Azuril: Normal/Fairy
-Maril/Azumaril: Water/Fairy
-Ralts/Kirlia/Gardevoir: Psychic/Fairy
-Mr. Mime: Psychic/Fairy
-Igglybuff/Jigglypuff/Wigglytuff: Normal/Fairy
-Togepi: Fairy
-Togetic/Togekiss: Fairy/Flying

Any I'm missing?

Mr-Joker

Banned
I was always disappointed that I never got to climb into heaven to capture God in a Pokeball in my Pearl version.

I think everyone was, though I wonder why Game Freak never did release the Azure Flute and opted to release Arceus as an event Pokémon.

Shimesaba

-Jigglypuff/Wigglytuff: Normal/Fairy
-Togepi/Togetic: Fairy
-Togekiss: Fairy/Flying

Any I'm missing?

Clefairy line? I think it was confirmed.. (Or maybe not, but come on, there's no way...)

...Also I wish they'd made Altaria Dragon/Fairy.
and competitively viable...

-Igglybuff/Jigglypuff/Wigglytuff: Normal/Fairy
-Togepi/Togetic: Fairy
-Togekiss: Fairy/Flying

Any I'm missing?

Togetic would be flying/fairy.

That's definitely going to be one of the better Fairy Pokemon.

That's actually pretty likely given Togepi's popularity.

We don't know for sure anyway, no list mentioned it, just one leaker i think like a week ago? And there's no sign of togeki-nite :C

Still, i'm fateful. It's like my favorite evolutive line ever and i can't wait to rock it in 3D...

Mr-Joker

Banned
Because the event was hacked at launch. That's what I heard.

Well I did some digging and I came across this;

NWR: How come the Azure Flute was never made available in Diamond/Pearl/Platinum?

JM: When we were first developing the games we thought about including it. I thought it would be fun. But once the game was complete and released, I changed my mind down the road and didn’t think it would be – I thought it would be confusing for people and kind of hard to understand how it worked. So I eventually made the decision not to distribute it.

Source

So yeah, Junichi Masuda thought we would be too stupid to use it and pulled the plug.

Pudge

Well I did some digging and I came across this;

Source

So yeah, Junichi Masuda thought we would be too stupid to use it and pulled the plug.

Considering this is the series that asks players to wander around aimlessly until they find random caves off of surf routes in order to get unique monsters, I don't understand how an event item would be any more confusing than that.

PsionBolt

I also liked in Gen 4 where they had that map I could put on the second screen to pinpoint their location. I forget whatever Poke gadget that was, but it was much more useful than the C Gear.

The roamer-map-thing was kind of neat, but nothing tops the C-Gear. Anywhere you want, touch "Battle", point at your friend for a second, and bam. No running back to the Pokemon center. No shuffling around your team for trading. It was just so great and fast.

...Come to think of it, is IR functionality still in this game? Probably not, right?

Mr-Joker

Banned
Ive always found this to be the best/easiest to read type chart

just for reference with all these new types being thrown around

That chart is wrong, Fairy resist Bug type Pokémon.

Considering this is the series that asks players to wander around aimlessly until they find random caves off of surf routes in order to get unique monsters, I don't understand how an event item would be any more confusing than that.

Well we did try to use strength on that red truck to catch Mew waaay back in gen 1. :|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom