• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Pucci is the best, followed by Pucci's Dio.

fertygo

That Giorno pose are so damn iconic, yet so simple.
The variation that he pull with GER still give me chill

jm49x4H.jpg

Gazoinks

I was wondering, would Bites the Dust be considered a Requiem stand?

I would consider it an Araki Arakiing Stand. :p

Kira was stabbed instead of the Stand. I have non idea if that makes a difference. Judging by how many things Araki pulls out of nowhere, I doubt he had come up with the idea of Requiem Stands at that point.

Erigu

Note how the arrow that was used to make those Requiem Stands looked pretty different (even in the flashback where Diavolo finds the arrows). Not that the difference was ever brought up (heck, Diavolo didn't even seem to care, since he apparently kept a regular arrow for himself).
Araki works in bizarre ways.

Erigu

I like to think he used Diver Down to turn himself into a woman (for Weather Report? *cough*), but then switched back to being a man because Jolyne showed up.

jgminto

It's kinda hilarious when you think about how Gold Experience could have been stabbed by Black Sabbath right at the beginning. Would have made for a quick story lol.

I'm almost sure it wasn't could've, iirc GE DID get stabbed by Black Sabbath's arrow :V

I like to think he used Diver Down to turn himself into a woman (for Weather Report? *cough*), but then switched back to being a man because Jolyne showed up.

Instant boobs, just add stands.

I was wondering, would Bites the Dust be considered a Requiem stand?

It's true that Araki probably didn't even think of Requiem stands until late in part 5, but even then I don't think he ever thought of Bites the Dust in the same way. The Requiem stands are straight-up unbeatable reality-warpers (or at least Silver Chariot Requiem would have been if Polnareff was still strong enough to use it). Kira's upgrade is kind of weak in comparison.

What would really have made part 5 a short story is if Diavolo had learned about Requiem stands before he lost Polpo....

Isn't Kira's just an ability upgrade though and not a full blown revamp?

Just read Boah today, I've only previously seen the OVA which covered the majority of important stuff but the little extras in the manga were nice too. I have high expectations for CC2 to do him justice, not sure if he'll have any alt costumes though. Hmm.

Gonna read Gorgeous Irene too a bit later.

So, did we know ASB is out Spring 2014 in Europe already or is it old info I just hadn't run into before?

Not that old but yeah. I don't think they really said much about it at the MCM Expo in London, either. It was just some questions about the game from Facebook/Twitter and then a signing session.

I must know if Baoh is the end. :(

Tizoc

Not that old but yeah. I don't think they really said much about it at the MCM Expo in London, either. It was just some questions about the game from Facebook/Twitter and then a signing session.

I must know if Baoh is the end. :(

I can't help but feel that Baoh is releasing with
Diego

Ah ok

I'm pretty sure Baoh is the last dlc for now. The question is if the western launch will make them do some more.

Also, looks like Jump scans are out saying Baoh is out Nov 14.

Made in Heaven Requiem

Iirc I think that actually happens in Jorge Joestar. Hell I think I remember it having Ultimate somewhere in its name too :v

I wish the art of that novel was much better.

As much as I truly love F.F. there's already two stand users with guns in the game and they're both pretty bad, so I don't know how she'd do in game.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh cool, a Jojo OT. Been reading parts 4, 5, & 6 (just started Steel Ball Run a few days ago) after being hyped for All-Star Battle coming to the US.

Really liked 4, perhaps my favorite part (please let that get animated after part 3), 5 was okay, but definitely felt like one of the weaker parts (decent characters & abilities, but the story was "eeh"), & 6 was better except for that WTF ending.

Oh cool, a Jojo OT. Been reading parts 4, 5, & 6 (just started Steel Ball Run a few days ago) after being hyped for All-Star Battle coming to the US.

Really liked 4, perhaps my favorite part (please let that get animated after part 3), 5 was okay, but definitely felt like one of the weaker parts (decent characters & abilities, but the story was "eeh"), & 6 was better except for that WTF ending.

4 animated would be awesome, but they'll probably cut a ton of the side stories

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
The restaurant :(
Yeah, despite most likely being 24-26 episodes since it's slightly longer than part 3, I can see them cutting out some of the stuff that, while cool, really didn't add much to the plot in the long run. Still hope it happens, considering they got voice actors for a good amount of people from that part in ASB.

While I'm thinking about it, I heard something about Japan not liking Part 6. Anyone know if there's truth behind that? Though considering how it ended (seriously, just...what.), I can kind of see why.

Gazoinks

I dunno, I see Part 4 before Kira is introduced as basically a slice of life series about a bunch of Stand users in a close radius. I wouldn't really want that vibe to be sacrificed by squishing everything together.

They can cut out Super Fly though. That was just weird.

I suppose I mean that squishing two or three into an episode would greatly help if they couldn't fit all of it. Stuff like super fly could probably be done pretty fast, if at all.

Indeed it is

Things like this could just be put together into one episode, as in put more than one side story into just one episode to hurry things along.

Oooooooor it could be a 3 cour show :D

...Please let me dream

But would they keep the invisible baby?

It's like the only Joseph focused story and it shows that despite his age and everything he's still a "jojo" so I'd say yes. Besides, no invisible baby means no Suzy Q freaking out in the epilogue thinking that it's another illegitimate child and we can't have that missing from the end can we? :V

Gazoinks

Speaking of Part 6:
Is anyone else hoping we see Emporio again sometime? I'm really curious what Araki would do with him. I could see him being anything from the most powerful hero to a villain to just a dude.

Also Stone Ocean is awesome you heathens. :p

jgminto

Speaking of Part 6:
Is anyone else hoping we see Emporio again sometime? I'm really curious what Araki would do with him. I could see him being anything from the most powerful hero to a villain to just a dude.

Also Stone Ocean is awesome you heathens. :p

Emporio sucks. Would rather see any other alternateverse Stone Ocean character in Jojolion.

Gazoinks

I'm curious whether Araki is going to continue his trend over the last two arcs of mirroring past parts, or whether he's going to go in a new direction at some point.

I don't think the current universe takes place in the one with Emporio.

Jotaro doesn't exist in the Jojolion verse so who is Irene's father? Since Jotaro's mother is Kira's mother.

IT DON'T MAKE NO SENSE.

Jotaro doesn't exist in the Jojolion verse so who is Irene's father? Since Jotaro's mother is Kira's mother.

IT DON'T MAKE NO SENSE.

I really like that Araki just said "Fuck it" and skipped over to a mirror of part 4. Aside from it being his favorite, it introduces those kinds of crazy speculation into everything. Keeps the fans interested in possibilities.

IT DON'T MAKE NO SENSE.

Who said he doesn't? He could easily be descended from one of those Joestars that didn't exist in the previous universe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom