• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario Galaxy 2 Confirmed!

HUELEN10

2isbclw.jpg

If we get just one new screen, render, reveal, or Rosie confirmation, I'll be very happy. :D

JeTmAn81

Sato Koiji said:
The times over when I cared about a Mario game.

The time is far from over for many of us. I've been playing Mario games for over twenty years and I'm still excited about the impending release of SMG2. Super Mario Galaxy was one of the best games I've ever played, and New Super Mario Bros. Wii delivered the kind of old school Mario platforming that takes me back to the days of SMB3 and SMW. Sometimes I do wonder how long these kinds of games will continue to appeal to me, but for now they're holding strong.

boyshine

140.85 said:
That black Wii-motes edges look more beveled in that cover.
Panasonic Qii confirmed :p I wonder why they made a render of a Wii-mote that doesn't exist. It looks metallic, heavy, rounded. I like it.

So I picked up a copy of ONM today, what a complete pisstake

It's literally just a 2 page spread with screens from the E3 trailer, with some other previously released screens. I think out of the 500 of so words of rambling prose, I picked out only one thing that I personally didn't previously know, "there's the musical galaxy, packed with cymbals and drums". The rest is just casual consumer orientated synopsis of what has been confirmed, Yoshi, new galaxies etc

I mean there's scraping the barrel for a cover story, and there's this. Got a nice NSMBWii fridge magnet, mind.

Davey Cakes

A musical galaxy? Sounds great. A fun and fitting concept for a platforming stage.

Can't wait to hear what other sorts of galaxies are in the game. It'll be really interesting to see if EAD Tokyo really went nuts with the creative possibilities.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
CommieCaptorS said:

It's literally just a 2 page spread with screens from the E3 trailer, with some other previously released screens. I think out of the 500 of so words of rambling prose, I picked out only one thing that I personally didn't previously know, "there's the musical galaxy, packed with cymbals and drums". The rest is just casual consumer orientated synopsis of what has been confirmed, Yoshi, new galaxies etc

I mean there's scraping the barrel for a cover story, and there's this. Got a nice NSMBWii fridge magnet, mind.

Anything interesting in the interviews? (If this is the right issue where there happens to be one with Miyamoto/Aonuma)

MNC

CommieCaptorS said:

I wish there were some sexy fridge magnets with Dutch magazines :(

Dash said:
I wouldn't consider it impossible that Zelda Wii comes out in 2010. I'd give it a 20-30% chance.

I'd say even higher than that. Although I could say 99% and no one would be able to prove me wrong one way or the other, so what's the point. :lol

Musical Galaxy sounds ace. Reminds me of the Music Plant Zone from Sonic Advance 2, and you'd get blasted out of trumpets which would play along with the background music. I hope Nintendo goes nuts with it.

legend166

Sato Koiji said:
The times over when I cared about a Mario game.

Considering the last two Mario games are right up there as the best in their respective dimensions, I don't think you were ever really excited for Mario games.

gkryhewy

Probably meaningless, but Amazon just (this morning) assigned an estimated delivery date for my pre-order of February 11. Previously no date was assigned.

gerg

gkrykewy said:
Probably meaningless, but Amazon just (this morning) assigned an estimated delivery date for my pre-order of February 11. Previously no date was assigned.

Go Nintendo posted a date of February 23, but that was also for Monado and Metroid: Other M. :lol

HUELEN10

gkrykewy said:

I am speechless, I have nothing to say, too fucking happy.
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
The wait is getting shorter, regardless of release date.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
People didn’t notice the musical galaxy from that first trailer? There's a scene where Mario jumps off a giant tom onto a cymbal. I was going to bring it up, but I figured it was a no-brainer :/.

Anyway, I can’t see Galaxy releasing in February. Regardless of its actual development state I could see Nintendo holding off until ~April to let NSMB continue to soak up the post-Christmas market.

theluma

EatChildren said:
People didn’t notice the musical galaxy from that first trailer? There's a scene where Mario jumps off a giant tom onto a cymbal. I was going to bring it up, but I figured it was a no-brainer :/.

Yeah we did. There are discussions about possible ideas for the music level in older pages.

Davey Cakes

theluma said:
Yeah we did. There are discussions about possible ideas for the music level in older pages.
Yeah, I just missed it when I watched the trailer. The whole tom-cymbal thing just looked like a platform-platform segment. I guess I was just to distracted from the awesomeness of the trailer to even notice.

Shiggy

Après Red Steel 2 hier, c'est au tour d'un autre jeu d'envergure, Super Mario Galaxy 2, de se voir greffer une possible date de sortie. Selon nos informations, Nintendo aurait décidé de réserver une place de choix aux prochaines aventures spatiales de Mario et lui confierait de lancer sa rentrée 2010 aux alentours de la fin août, le 27 si l'on se réfère au calendrier.

On savait que la firme de Kyoto voulait sortir rapidement le jeu de plateforme en 3D, on ignorait encore si cette relative promptitude serait réelle ou non. Il ne reste donc plus qu'à ce que tout cela soit confirmé par un planning officiel qui pourrait également voir figurer un Endless Ocean 2 en février et Sin & Punishment 2 en avril.

Cette annonce mettrait en tout cas tous les sens en éveil puisqu'elle laisserait ainsi la place à un titre majeur de Nintendo pour les fêtes de fin d'année. Et là, évidemment, tout le monde se prend à rêver du Zelda Wii...

Babelfish translation: http://66.163.168.225/babelfish/tra...axy-2-pour-la-rentree-2010-.html?c=1&.intl=fr

They basically say that French retailers list SMG2 for August 27th (a Friday, so it's possible). These retailers also list Endless Ocean 2 for February and Sin & Punishment 2 for April - these two dates have not been officially confirmed by NoE, though they are true. Endless Ocean is planned for February 5th and S&P2 for some date in April. Therefore I think that the SMG 2 date is also fully possible.

obaidr

Banned
AniHawk said:
Late August matches the release date SMS had 8 years ago.

That's right, this year Super Mario Sunshine is 8 years old.
such à System seller. 8 Years later they sell the Same Hardware.

kizmah

My guess is that SMG2 will be Nintendos big summer release. NSMBWii is selling too good for Nintendo to lessen it's impact by yet another Mario title this early in the new year. May seems like a much better month.

HUELEN10

AniHawk said:
I don't get it.
He's trolling, there's nothing TO get.

As for the possible release date, how the FUCK are we expected to be able to wait 238 whole days!?!?!?

2010: Best and worst year of gaming ever confirmed!

Wait or no wait, Rosie better be in it. I know you don't want a big story, but don't fuck this up. Let Koizumi do his thing!

Kenka

AniHawk said:
I still don't get it.

He was refering to Wii's similarities with Game Cube hardware and did argue then that they are the same hardware (gentle trolling). Thus, the fact that Game Cube still sells 8 years after the launch of SMS.

[Nintex]

I thought that August would be the Metroid: Other M spot. I expect that one to slip into 2011 and Zelda to steal the show during the holidays of 2010.

Galaxy in August makes sense I guess, but I thought it would be released in April or May instead.

HUELEN10

AniHawk said:
I still don't get it.
AniHawk, your mind has been transported back in time, and to Mars. It doesn't matter. What does matter is you need to believe in yourself!

As for the topic at hand, with this thread's acknowledging of future hardware plans, should there be a WiiHD, could this be a launch title?

Assuming WiiHD is green of course.

AniHawk

HUELEN10 said:
AniHawk, your mind has been transported back in time, and to Mars. It doesn't matter. What does matter is you need to believe in yourself!

Now there's a fucking random reference. :lol

Top Bottom