• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario Galaxy 2 Confirmed!

Sadist

Kenka said:
He was refering to Wii's similarities with Game Cube hardware and did argue then that they are the same hardware (gentle trolling). Thus, the fact that Game Cube still sells 8 years after the launch of SMS.
Gentle?

Obaidr is the most shallow troll on GAF.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
[Nintex] said:
I thought that August would be the Metroid: Other M spot. I expect that one to slip into 2011 and Zelda to steal the show during the holidays of 2010.

Galaxy in August makes sense I guess, but I thought it would be released in April or May instead.

Personally, I'm fully expecting Other M to be pushed back to May 2011 or so for two reasons:

1. Polishing.

2. Zelda Wii

Nintendo /needs/ another bridge game like Mario Kart out badly. I have a sneaking suspicion that Zelda Wii is going to be placed as a bridge title, with a new style of interface, presentation, and structure that tries to appeal to the hardcore Zelda fans and a wider audience at the same time.

Unless Nintendo whips out a totally unexpected new, original bridge game at E3, I can't see them depending on Galaxy 2 and Other M. as their biggest titles for 2010.

Chairman Yang

if he talks about books, you better damn well listen
So is Nintendo going to use NSMBWii's Super Guide thing for this game? That'd be a good idea...it'd let them make the game harder without turning off weaker players.

Effect

Kaijima said:
Personally, I'm fully expecting Other M to be pushed back to May 2011 or so for two reasons:

1. Polishing.

2. Zelda Wii

Nintendo /needs/ another bridge game like Mario Kart out badly. I have a sneaking suspicion that Zelda Wii is going to be placed as a bridge title, with a new style of interface, presentation, and structure that tries to appeal to the hardcore Zelda fans and a wider audience at the same time.

Unless Nintendo whips out a totally unexpected new, original bridge game at E3, I can't see them depending on Galaxy 2 and Other M. as their biggest titles for 2010.

They could always move up Pikmin 3. Engine and control setup is already there due to the New Play Control versions of Pikmin 1 and 2. They just need to work on content for the most part and new aspects. Or a brand new Animal Crossing seeing as City Folk was simply the DS game with an additional area and characters moved around. They could update the visuals easily in that game and it would still be just as casual, inviting, and simple to play. It was just wrong that they didn't and Nintendo deserved the heat they got as a result.

They could always re-release the Fire Emblem Wii game. They kept that thing in the dark and put out so few numbers anyway they could probably get away with releasing as if it's a new game.

ZAK

Effect said:
They could always re-release the Fire Emblem Wii game. They kept that thing in the dark and put out so few numbers anyway they could probably get away with releasing as if it's a new game.
And/or put the Gamecube one on the same disc. Pretty please?

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I hate all of you for continuously bumping and discussing in this thread. In my heart I know there's no news, but there's a flicker of hope every time I see a new post.

STOP IT

Galaxy 2 is an entirely internal project, which makes it more likely to be delayed. Nintendo can shift the schedule of that project on a whim. Other M is fundamentally using a third party team which probably has their own shit to to do and didn't sign on for making a game for four years.

HUELEN10

ShockingAlberto said:
Galaxy 2 is an entirely internal project, which makes it more likely to be delayed. Nintendo can shift the schedule of that project on a whim. Other M is fundamentally using a third party team which probably has their own shit to to do and didn't sign on for making a game for four years.
The possibility of waiting more than 238 for the sequel to the game of the forever?

Oy... :(

BowieZ

Banned
EatChildren said:
I hate all of you for continuously bumping and discussing in this thread. In my heart I know there's no news, but there's a flicker of hope every time I see a new post.

STOP IT

See:

Shiggy said:
Babelfish translation: http://66.163.168.225/babelfish/tra...axy-2-pour-la-rentree-2010-.html?c=1&.intl=fr

They basically say that French retailers list SMG2 for August 27th (a Friday, so it's possible). These retailers also list Endless Ocean 2 for February and Sin & Punishment 2 for April - these two dates have not been officially confirmed by NoE, though they are true. Endless Ocean is planned for February 5th and S&P2 for some date in April. Therefore I think that the SMG 2 date is also fully possible.

AniHawk

Chairman Yang said:
So is Nintendo going to use NSMBWii's Super Guide thing for this game? That'd be a good idea...it'd let them make the game harder without turning off weaker players.

I'd like it in there, but from interviews I think NSMBW and Zelda are the only two to use it so far.

Chairman Yang said:

They've said that they're considering it. I reckon they'll do it, especially since navigating environments in 3D is harder for most players anyway (Plus it gives them an engine that can be utilised in Zelda Wii as well!)

On that topic, I think it's a bit of a shame that Zelda Spirit Tracks didn't use it. I think it's a great system and some of the puzzles in that game are hellishly difficult (I wouldn't be surprised if a good number of players never figure them out without resorting to a guide!)

A summer release would be great, I hope NA and Japan get it sooner than August though (assuming that really ends up being the Euro street/ship date). Getting Mario Sunshine in late August back in '02 was kind of a downer for me and took away just a bit of the thunder from the game's summer theme IMHO.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Because Twitter is 100% reliable, from the NGamer magazine Twitter;

"We've just had some shocking news from an inside source at Nintendo: Sonic will be a playable character in Mario Galaxy 2! Wha?"

"More teasing from our insider: Sonic levels will be in 'Green Hill Galaxy'. Matthew's nearly in tears (of despair)"

EatChildren said:

"We've just had some shocking news from an inside source at Nintendo: Sonic will be a playable character in Mario Galaxy 2! Wha?"

"More teasing from our insider: Sonic levels will be in 'Green Hill Galaxy'. Matthew's nearly in tears (of despair)"

Sonic?

Can't wait get Travis or something?

missed opportunity imo.

Bugbite

Banned
EatChildren said:

That would be better than Sonic 4. lol

aparisi2274

EatChildren said:

miyamoto.gif

sphinx

the piano man
bullshit.

No way nintendo will allow sonic to taint their biggest 3D platforming game with its disgusting presence.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Well I bet the staff at NGamer are having a hoot at the pub right now with the way this "news" is spreading.

I'd much rather see the first Mario/Sonic platformer to be a 2D affair. No, Brawl doesn't count. It would require some pretty creative level design to allow for both play styles, though. Anyway, yeah I am 99.99% sure that the twitter thing is a hoax.

EatChildren

ShockingAlberto said:
Anyone who believes this should be banned.

For the good of us all.

For the good of us all. The good of us all. The good of us all!

I refuse to believe the validity of this, because it would be far too good to be true.

Although their reports do say Super Mario Galaxy 2 is a temp title... Mario & Sonic Galaxy?

bridegur

It's a shame Nintendo can't buy the rights to Sonic and take the franchise out of the hands of the incapable shitheads at Sega. I think EAD Tokyo could really do something with it.

An odd thought: Sonic 4 was originally just mentioned for HD consoles. Could this have been part of a deal to get Sonic 4 onto Wii? Lots of Sonic fans on Wii, Nintendo will get a big cut of the sales like they usually do...

Galaxy 1 didn't sell quite like Nintendo probably hoped, especially in Japan. Something to keep in mind.

Edit: You know, though, I really have trouble seeing this happening. I'm not saying it couldn't, but it doesn't make much sense. Unless Sega was thinking hard about jumping ship in a major way.

wait .. what.. NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!!!

FUCK SONIC IN HIS TINY LITTLE HEDGEHOG ASS. Kill the bitch with cold fire, pray that reincarnation exists so we can kill it again and again.

Kulock said:
An odd thought: Sonic 4 was originally just mentioned for HD consoles. Could this have been part of a deal to get Sonic 4 onto Wii? Lots of Sonic fans on Wii, Nintendo will get a big cut of the sales like they usually do...

Galaxy 1 didn't sell quite like Nintendo probably hoped, especially in Japan. Something to keep in mind.

Edit: You know, though, I really have trouble seeing this happening. I'm not saying it couldn't, but it doesn't make much sense. Unless Sega was thinking hard about jumping ship in a major way.
Yeah, I'm sure Nintendo's making deals to get Sega to put Sonic titles on the Wii

Not saying Sega's not too stupid to keep Sonic off the Wii, but I don't think Nintendo is knocking down their door

Vgamer

EatChildren said:

Sonic in Mario Galaxy 2? That would be a strange decision by Nintendo. I dont see why they need Sonic. The game will sell insanely well either way.

Top Bottom