• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 and PS Vita to be released in China on March 20

_hekk05

Banned
Edit: it was a midnight launch, so its already happening. The limited editions of the dragon faceplate PS4 are sold out, so there's that at least. Anyone got the numbers on those?

Baidu news says xboxone was priced 3699/4299 yuan at launch, with a temp drop to 3199/3799. Price is now back up to undiscounted prices, but it was announced on mar 17 that xbox live gold will be free until Sep 30.

Meanwhile, ps4 is 2899/3299 yuan. Direct import without taxes / delivery from US costs 2430, HK 2657, japan 2480.

While the machine itself is more expensive, the games itself are cheaper. The new musou game is 299 yuan, with the equivalent price of 450 in HK, 360 japan, 372 us (60usd).

You can also play with other psn users online from different regions.

_hekk05

Banned
Where are you getting the info? Link please?

http://newgame.duowan.cn/1503/290771935866.html

Also only 6 ps4 games and 7 psv games.

Ps4:
199元的《钠克的大冒险》 (knack)、《雷曼:传奇》(rayman legends)、《特技摩托:聚变》(trials fusion),售价299元的《真·三国无双 猛将传 完全版》(musou),以及随机附赠的《南瓜先生大冒险》、《九阳神功先行版》(these 2 are china developed and come free with the system)。

Psv:
售价149元《讨鬼传极》(not sure),售价179元《雷曼:传奇》(rayman)《虚拟农场》(dunno),售价199元《最终幻想 X HD 重制版》(FFX HD)、《最终幻想 X-2 HD 重制版》(FFX-2 HD),售价249元《真 三国无双 猛将传 完全版 》(musou)以及随机附赠的《小小白日梦》(china dev, free with system)

Too lazy to bother translating anything I need to look up since I'm on mobile.

Also scuttlebutt from those who bought the systems is that the system is not region locked, but psn is. Imports galore, physical discs saved.

Also scuttlebutt from those who bought the systems is that the system is not region locked, but psn is. Imports galore, physical discs saved.

Just to clarify, does this mean chinese ps4's can't access the US or EU PS store basically?

Region free physical is nice at least, hopefully it doesn't get stopped somehow

Krakn3Dfx

Chinese people have little pee pees lol

What.

RbukxoV.jpg

_hekk05

Banned
Just to clarify, does this mean chinese ps4's can't access the US or EU PS store basically?

Region free physical is nice at least, hopefully it doesn't get stopped somehow

Yes. Chinese ps4s cannot log into non-chinese psn.

However, a select few retailers had already taken shipments of ps4 from sony before the delay and refused to give them back during the recall. Those select few systems are completely region unlocked.

Javin98

Banned
Edit: it was a midnight launch, so its already happening. The limited editions of the dragon faceplate PS4 are sold out, so there's that at least. Anyone got the numbers on those?

Baidu news says xboxone was priced 3699/4299 yuan at launch, with a temp drop to 3199/3799. Price is now back up to undiscounted prices, but it was announced on mar 17 that xbox live gold will be free until Sep 30.

Meanwhile, ps4 is 2899/3299 yuan. Direct import without taxes / delivery from US costs 2430, HK 2657, japan 2480.

While the machine itself is more expensive, the games itself are cheaper. The new musou game is 299 yuan, with the equivalent price of 450 in HK, 360 japan, 372 us (60usd).

You can also play with other psn users online from different regions.
Oh, great news. Can't wait for some pics of lines and sold through numbers.

Cess007

Chinese people have little pee pees lol

the hell?

Yes. Chinese ps4s cannot log into non-chinese psn.

However, a select few retailers had already taken shipments of ps4 from sony before the delay and refused to give them back during the recall. Those select few systems are completely region unlocked.

I don't remember reading about it, so it's was confirmed before that the delay on launch was to lock the PSN?

_hekk05

Banned
I don't remember reading about it, so it's was confirmed before that the delay on launch was to lock the PSN?

No official response, but users are claiming this to be the case. I think Sony's just trying to keep it on the down low and trying not to get unnecessary attention.

_hekk05

Banned
So region free for physical copies are confirmed? then..

If a Chinese gamer buys an import copy of CoD, he can play with friends overseas, right?

Users claiming yes on playing with other regions' psn. No official confirmation.

Not sure if it still works when you use a chinese psn to play an unapproved game/game not sold in china though. They might be able to play with other regions on games released in China, but maybe not if the game is unreleased in china. News/scuttlebutt is very vague.

Also, how would patching import games work, since different regions patch games separately?

So region free for physical copies are confirmed? then..

If a Chinese gamer buys an import copy of CoD, he can play with friends overseas, right?

I think it is still region free for digital copies as well. I think the confusion here might be the fact that Chinese PS4 owners now access Chinese PSN servers as opposed to the general Asian PSN servers.

Is there another link that covers the PS4's release in China?

Javin98

Banned
Interesed to see if it flops hard like the Xbox One in China or if it does okay.
I'm not expecting anything great, but I'm hopeful.
It shouldn't flop as hard as the XB1 considering that the Playstation brand is much stronger in Asia and the PS4's launch price is significantly lower than the XB1's. But the launch lineup of both consoles are below average.

Storm360

With no store access, does this mean that multiplayer is free? They couldn't play imports online because i imagine they require the account to be plus

spwolf

http://tech.163.com/15/0320/07/AL4RI9F1000915BD.html

Says imported games not released in china are basically single player only, so I was right. You can't collar doodie or battlefield multiplayer in china

General sentiment is lukewarm. Most sites are recommending not to buy yet due to poor library. We'll see how it goes.

http://ng.pcgames.com.cn/xft/xft001.html

The first ps4 mmorpg in china. A sign of things to come. Includes video but I haven't watched.

Sony said that "about a dozen" of games are waiting to get approved and that they have 26 chinese devs working on games.

_hekk05

Banned
Do you know what people in China and you have in common? Come tomorrow neither will be able to post on GAF.

Pretty sure there's a guy in china now posting in steamgaf.

People always make it seem like the great firewall is like a giant dam. Its more like a leaky dyke built by beavers.

_hekk05

Banned
Pics of lines:

Pretty sure that book this guy is holding is the actual disc cover for the game 《九阳神功》

More games:

《影之刃•蜃楼》 Dark Blade
a brawler, supposedly a rename from RainBlood Chronicles: Mirage
video

《千姬变》
An MMORPG also on PC and I think phones
image is actually slightly NSFW so I'll refrain
and who says Chinese Government censors everything? lol

《九阳神功》
PR says its an MMO but it actually looks like a moba! wut
AI confirmed, so its got that over dota at least
that map tho

Usobuko

Banned
I think it's great that games are not region locked and that china gamers are still able to enjoy MP with the worldwide folks.

Javin98

Banned
Pics of lines:

Pretty sure that book this guy is holding is the actual disc cover for the game 《九阳神功》

More games:

《影之刃•蜃楼》 Dark Blade
a brawler, supposedly a rename from RainBlood Chronicles: Mirage
video

《千姬变》
An MMORPG also on PC and I think phones
image is actually slightly NSFW so I'll refrain
and who says Chinese Government censors everything? lol

《九阳神功》
PR says its an MMO but it actually looks like a moba! wut

AI confirmed, so its got that over dota at least

that map tho
Seems quite packed. Are we expecting Sony to release a PR statement if the PS4 sells well?

Javin98

Banned
If it does well.

If.

Maybe.
I'm really hoping it does. Sony must have tried so hard to get the games region unlocked and all that. They also seem to be trying to release more games in China, unlike Microsoft who seemed to have given up. Plus, if it's successful, we may get some good Chinese games.

Mokubba

But Sony’s Chinese Playstation 4 is different: it can’t download foreign games or log into foreign PSN accounts, but it can play foreign PS4 game discs, connect to foreign servers, add friends from anywhere on the globe, and download patches for games from overseas. Similarly, the global version of the console will allow players to log in to Chinese PSN accounts, play Chinese PSN games on disc, and download patches from the Chinese PSN servers

https://www.techinasia.com/ps4-launches-china-totally-regionlocked/

Good news all round.

Usobuko

Banned
GTA might just find themselves in the chinese market, seems like the reception for that game at least online is pretty good.

I can confirm that you can create and use a Chinese PSN account outside China, using an US PS4. Just did that and I am downloading that MOBA. Mr. Punkim Adventure is paid however (cheap but paid). Does anyone knows how to add funds to a chinese account?

Dazza

I can confirm that you can create and use a Chinese PSN account outside China, using an US PS4. Just did that and I am downloading that MOBA. Mr. Punkim Adventure is paid however (cheap but paid). Does anyone knows how to add funds to a chinese account?

Maybe try a visa gift card? They quite often aren't bound by address restrictions

No trophies in King of Wushu. Well, it says beta anyway. I was able to play it with chinese players, despite a little lag.

Dinasty Warriors is not on psn store, Just Trials, Knack, Raynan, KoW and Mr. Pumpkin's Advrnture. I cannot find if Pumpkin's has trophied or not.

Top Bottom