• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Month of PS4 sales in China beats 8 months of Xbox One sales (Rumour)

Javin98

Banned
I wish I had the chance to laugh and take a jab at Hindle's posts. Unfortunately, he was banned before I even joined this forum.

Eila

70k units wouldn't be bad if it was an average month, but since it was the launc month I'll have to wait to see how it develops in the coming months.
I do wonder how big the importing scene is, too.

The quoted 4x as many sales for PS4 over Xbone puts things in line with how godawful the situation is for MS in Europe.

Also, Vita be saved! The Chinese apparently seem to like it.

sohois

can't say this news is surprising, from a purely anecdotal perspective.

When the Xbox released in China, I can't remember seeing any official advertising anywhere, the only place I saw any mention of the thing was as a prize in a competition.

with the ps4, there was a pretty big push, at least in Shanghai (vita as well). I've seen metro tvs running the ads time and again, whilst the demo units in the Sony store on huaihai rd (a major shopping street) is always crowded.

Grazzt

I'm not surprised at all. Sony fanboys always have much larger population in China than Nintendo and MS. And MS did a really shitty job for the launch of Xbox one, ie ridiculous price and region lock etc. MS should just fire Xie Enwei (the head of xbox department in China).

Rymuth

What an interesting bit of news to wake up to~

Next-gen remake of Condor Heroes Trilogy & Smiling Proud Wanderer, BELIEVE!

lXgfz.jpg
Holy crap, I love the Condor Trilogy (specifically part 2) - didn't know there was an RPG for it.

Raist

Banned
Not too bad. I wonder how much more consoles will sell now that they're "legal". Maybe not a tremendous amount.

Anyone know how much it costs, in terms of average salary?

edit: nevermind found it, seems to be over a month's salary.

ZhugeEX

Banned
He don't, but i'm sure it's not right too, because the source said this is "shipped"(上架出貨量), not "sold".
Basically a unknown news from A9VG with unknown source, i'm surprised that thread isn't locked in A9VG yet.

That thread was posted after this one.

They're not the source.These numbers are installed base, not shipped.

But yes, this is still a rumour and should be treated as such.

Kapi96

Not particularly good sales, but still not a bad start for what is a pretty new market for consoles.

Also great to see Dynasty Warriors doing well :)

Javin98

Banned
Also it is funny to see how China has a bit over 10 times larger population than Japan. :p
Still, China is mostly a PC and mobile gaming market. I know it wasn't an apples to apples comparison to begin with, but it really puts into perspective how bad the XB1 is doing in Japan.

spwolf

Actually for the wealthy, foreign products such as American fashion/electronics are becoming popular.

i thought Chinese always preferred foreign products.

This is just a start for console gaming in China... i expect it to become more and more popular in the future.

Chinese consumers will buy the hot ticket item, they're not going to buy either console based on where it was made or what country it came from, they're going to by the more popular product with the better reviews etc. I'm not Chinese but my stepfather is and his entire extremely large family is still in China. They love all consumer products whether it be american, Korean, Taiwanese, italian, swiss, french, british, or Japanese made. If it looks good and is well made you can trust that a Chinese person with the means to buy it will do so. Times are changing in China and therefore minds are changing in China.

EGM1966

Hindle is just an old fallen warrior that stepped on big shoes without a ladder.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=132267545#post132267545

And Ars well...

That Ars article. I mean a fair bit of it is okay but it's hard not to feel the solid bits are only there to give credence to the madness such as discounting Japan and implying that the gap might be closing when there's no evidence it is as yet (as to compare the holiday advantage for XB1 you have to wait until Feb 2016 to see if YOY it was a true gap closer or merely seasonal fluctuations).

ZhugeEX

Banned
That Ars article. I mean a fair bit of it is okay but it's hard not to feel the solid bits are only there to give credence to the madness such as discounting Japan and implying that the gap might be closing when there's no evidence it is as yet (as to compare the holiday advantage for XB1 you have to wait until Feb 2016 to see if YOY it was a true gap closer or merely seasonal fluctuations).

It's funny because they don't even use real Wii U numbers. The actual number is 6.9m excluding Japan. Not 7m.

That whole exclude Japan thing is one big joke. I'd like to see them compare PS4 to Xbox One when they exclude USA and UK. Because that makes the whole picture even worse for Xbox.

Holy crap, I love the Condor Trilogy (specifically part 2) - didn't know there was an RPG for it.

It's the only first-party Sony game ever developed/published by SCEHK(Hong Kong). A faithful adaption of the Legend of Condor Heroes (part 1).

If we're talking about relics of a bygone era, this is pretty much the defacto game in Sony's first-party line-up.

An IP they don't even own, published/developed by a branch that doesn't exist anymore, only exist in Chinese language, and would never had existed in today's global WWS structure, because it's exemplary of back when Sony games were greenlit by their respective regional business units.

ZhugeEX

Banned
What's funny is as soon as I post this thread, Microsoft drop the official price of Xbox One in China from 3,699RMB to 2,999RMB for a limited promotion.

Shengar

I'm not surprised at all. Sony fanboys always have much larger population in China than Nintendo and MS. And MS did a really shitty job for the launch of Xbox one, ie ridiculous price and region lock etc. MS should just fire Xie Enwei (the head of xbox department in China).
Sony have bigger fanbse on RotW due to the fact that they cater untapped third world market by distributing PS console to their electronic retail. While We don't have official SCE representative here, I can at least bring my PS4 to Sony retailer for a fix while for Xbox One or 3DS/Wii U I have to rely on local, unlicensed electronic technician for repair.
#legitshook

hqdefault.jpg
This thread is disturbingly lack of Three Kingdoms image/gif

Top Bottom