• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Who is the most famous person you have ever met?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cryolemon

I've never met anyone ridiculously famous. I think the most famous are the former British Agriculture Secretary Douglas Hogg and former world Darts champion Keith Deller.

giancarlo-esposito-breaking-bad(1).jpg

Got a selfie n everything. He's a pretty rad guy.

Despera

Banned
Hollywood famous people? Naw

Political / world people? Quite a few

Biggest one is probably how I wrote a quick policy brief for Ban Ki Moon a while back and had a good 30 minute meeting with him while waiting for my boss to arrive. Amazing guy to talk to.
It would be interesting to talk to someone in that position for a couple of minutes, let alone half an hour. I'm kinda jealous.

Lego Boss

I met David Cameron at my daughter's nursery. He wasn't impressed when l called him 'Mr Cameron' instead of Prime Minister.

Joker

cruets

I met Richard Branson outside virgin mega store in San Francisco back in the day. Met Damon albarn outside popscene in San francisco back in 97

JustinBB7

Dave Grohl, he was all alone behind the venue he just played, super cool guy, he signed my ticket and my stomach and told me to never shower again.

I still showered but put tape over it lol. Faded eventually of course.

Also waved at the fat guy from Bowling For Soup behind that same venue another time, and met Avril Lavigne's band there. Avril didn't want to come out of the bus herself though. (later heard she was there after the show)

John Boehner, I'd say.

I coordinate a youth trip to D.C. every year and we have a few kids in his district. We're typically able to visit the speaker's office and briefly meet with him.

marrec

Banned
Oh shit! I also had a short conversation with Alton Brown after one of his shows. He signed my cookbook.

So the two most famous people I've met are Brian Kibler and Alton Brown.

I met George Stroumboulopoulos at the Watch the Throne concert in Toronto a few years back. We walked by each other and I nodded my head at him and he stuck out his hand to shake mine, suddenly it turned into a 5 minute conversation, really great guy.

I also kinda met Elisha Cuthbert at a bar back in like 08 or so. We bumped into each other, we both turned to walk into our opposite directions and ended up bumping into one another chest to chest, I said sorry, she said sorry, we smiled and moved on. Not really a meeting but heh.

That's about it I think.

Bruce Campbell.. He was walking around a mall in Michigan. And in geekboy fashion I ran up to him

The Conversation

Me: "Holy shit you're Bruce Campbell. You are like the biggest badass in movies"

He shakes my hand

Bruce: "I know"

Walks away

That man is awesome

Spoke to and got my picture taken with Danny McBride when he was filming Eastbound and Down in Wilmington some years ago.

Met Lee Norris (Minkus from Boy Meets World and Mouth from One Tree Hill) at a bar. Talked to him for a couple of minutes. He had two girls with him at the time.

I met
Taylor Swift: before she become huge at a country festival in Flordia a few years ago.
Bill Clinton: On a convention in Fort Myers about 3 years ago
Obama: During a white house tour last year, he surprised the visitors :)
Our CEO: A year ago for a global recognition award.
Demetri Martin: A few months ago in Tampa, he was eating at a local food joint.

NotSelf

Jim McMahon he did a fan meet and greet at toys r us all I really did was touch his hand I was still a kid in grammar school.

CFMOORE!

I've got a decent list, and these weren't "hi, please sign this", these were conversations:

Dennis Hopper
Charlize Theron
James Hetfield
Olivia Wilde
All of Van Halen minus Michael Anthony
Steven Tyler
Slash
Johnny Depp
Tony Hawk

There are more that I am struggling to remember though.

I've talked to a lot of people from middle-tier metal and hardcore bands. Probably one of those guys.

I had a baseball bat signed by Cubs relief pitcher Kevin Foster. He had a respectable career, but I feel like at the end of the day, some dude in a middle-tier metal band probably has more recognition than he did. I was young too, I can only assume he said something to me while I got it signed.

Ivieto

Banned
Hung out for a week with Mel Gibson in a jungle, went out with him, got to see an early version of Apocalypto and got to spend a weekend at his beach compound.

This was just before he decided to come live in Costa Rica, and my stepdad was acting as his middleman for the house he was buying over here.

Valhelm

contribute something
Hung out for a week with Mel Gibson in a jungle, went out with him, got to see an early version of Apocalypto and got to spend a weekend at his beach compound.

This was just before he decided to come live in Costa Rica, and my stepdad was acting as his middleman for the house he was buying over here.

Is South Park accurate?

Briefly spoke to Christopher Walken once at the old office building I use to work at. There's a record studio above the floor I worked at.

I saw him by the elevator and being star struck, i said, "you're Christopher Walken!"
He replies with "yeaa.. I am." Smelt the alcohol in his breathe. It was like 10 AM.

Also, met and spoke to Elijah Wood at E3 2009 I believe. He was a friend of my friend. We spoke and apparently we have played Call of Duty: World at War together before as he remembered my gamer tag. "You're seductivpancakes!".

I told Christiana Ricci, good luck on her new Pam Am show, which didn't work out so I guess I ruined her work.

Hollycat

A guy dressed as Ronald Mcdonald.

I saw Lou Ferrigno at Comic-con, but I didn't talk to him because he wanted $40 to take a picture and shake his hand.

dankir

Tom Hanks, Ian Holmes, Dennis Quaid, Catherine Zeta Jones all on my movies that I was an extra in.

Tom and Catherine in The Terminal

and Ian and Dennis in the Day After Tomorrow.

I saw Oliver Kahn and ran after him to get an autograph. I was obese at the time and really out of breath when i reached him. He asked me why I breathe that heavily.

Met Ono at Gamescom. Really nice guy. Also took a photo with him where I have the worst bowl cut ever.

Also met Suffa and Debris from the Hilltop Hoods and Illy (Australian rappers) after a concert. That was definitely the best day of 2014.

Ivieto

Banned
Is South Park accurate?

You have no idea... He was not super racist or anything, but he did seem like a religious nut. He was constantly quoting the bible and just had an aura around him of holier than thou.

Couple weird things, he had some sort of quick attaching posthetics, almost like a mask, that he put on before he went partying. He wanted to go out without bodyguards but no get recognized.

Also, he was super germophobic. He had a device "specially made" by Sony that he placed all his food in like for 30 seconds to remove any harmful stuff. He was never quite able to explain just what it did haha

Tom Hanks, Ian Holmes, Dennis Quaid, Catherine Zeta Jones all on my movies that I was an extra in.

Tom and Catherine in The Terminal

and Ian and Dennis in the Day After Tomorrow.

I'm going to try and be an extra in a few things to make some money once I finish school. I imagine it must be pretty strict regarding interaction with cast and crew.

Oh I remember one. I met Kristen Bell at Big Apple comic con. This was right after Assassin's Creed. I went to get Veronica Mars pictures signed. We spoke briefly about her likeness in AC. She asked me what did Lucy tell me in game. I told her she told me to go so sleep, and we ended the conversation with her telling me I should listen to her and then winked at me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom