• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Zapages

How in the world do you do Time Trial 11.... Any suggestions guys, I am using Ryu, tried with Zangief, but I am better with Ryu...

RedAssedApe

Banned
Here's some comments Seth Killian made over at rhymes with otaku:

>Why can you only invite ONE person to a player match?

Bigger lobbies are nice, but the primary focus was on trying to make the online play great. A giant lobby is no fun if the actual experience when you play is all laggy and no good. I think the online play turned out great, and expanded lobbies is something I'd personally love to see as well, so hopefully more news on that front coming.

>How come there's no penalty for people logging out of a ranked match?

There is disconnect code in the game, but admittedly it doesn't catch a lot of pullers. We'd like to improve that, but in the meantime, try and take the Battle Points with a grain of salt. Cheaters never win and those guys will get what's coming to them at any live tournament :)

>Why wasn't T. Hawk or Dee Jay included since you wanted original characters in?

More characters are always great, and developers on ANY game will tell you there were more things they wanted to put in, but just didn't have the time to make happen by launch. They are certainly possibilities in the future--would love to have the whole SF2 band back together again.

>How come Seth has Gill related moves is there a connection between the two?

Mmmmmmaybe.

>The story makes NO sense, who the hell is the little kid that Balrog/M. Bison finds?

I think the overall SFIV story makes sense. There are some mysteries, but you gotta have a few loose ends where the story can grow in the future, right?

He also made some comments in the podcast that basically indicate that blind select isn't suited for the game and probably won't be coming.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Once I learned that you can buffer moves, I was completing trials like never before. I'm so proud of my carpal tunnel ass. :D

Just did a Chun Li, Jumping HK, back medium kick, medium kick, EX thousand kicks into Ultra.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
henhowc said:
>How come there's no penalty for people logging out of a ranked match?

There is disconnect code in the game, but admittedly it doesn't catch a lot of pullers. We'd like to improve that, but in the meantime, try and take the Battle Points with a grain of salt. Cheaters never win and those guys will get what's coming to them at any live tournament :)

WTF kind of answer is this? 99.5% of people who bought don't care about playing in a tournament. Why put in BP is they're to be taken with a grain of salt? So, basically there's nothing in the works to punish people.

Ploid 3.0

One thing about Tekken DR, if you DC even when you don't try to, you lose points or something. You'd make sure you won't be dcing or something that I forgot happens. You get like 2 warnings, and from there ___ starts. I never got to that point. It explains when you dc.

If you can't play online without dcing randomly, points should be the last thing on your mind.

eh, i hope that guy is wrong. we definitely need punishment for sore losers. im beginning to think about people DCing on me mid-game already, because it happens more and more with every passing day.

Ploid 3.0

That's definitely something that cross my mind each match. The last fight I had I thought to myself, "I should keep the match close enough that he thinks he can still win this". When I lost the second round, after winning the first, I thought of it as a good thing.

Wish more gaffers set up matches on the online forums. That would cut out the random kens in player matches that didn't install the game.

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
Kintaro said:
WTF kind of answer is this? 99.5% of people who bought don't care about playing in a tournament. Why put in BP is they're to be taken with a grain of salt? So, basically there's nothing in the works to punish people.
Probably true, sadly :\
I wish there was a way to see/compare more info like win/loss ratio and total matches won etc. with people on your friends-list and such. And it would be nice to see how many people I've beaten in a row at the end of each fight, to sort of egg me on to try to top my current best streak. My current one is at 20, but each time I get over 10 and I become conscious of it I can't recall how many fights I've won in a row and I don't get that extra push of trying to break my personal best.

ptown

Shadow780 said:
ggs familymanup, crazy Viper...did you finish Viper's trial by any chance?

-Yes, I did. It was nuts.

But for some reason I can't do a lot of others like Chun Li hazenshu into senkyaku-thang and Balrog stand light punch into heavy kick.

You have any tips for pulling off 360s? Haha

To Gutter Trash,
-Your E. Honda was pretty strong. That headbutt and the splash is crazy.

Oh god, finally, all of Ken's NORMAL trials done :lol

I'm not even gonna touch his hard ones, my mind and fingers just can't work together that well :lol

Shadow780

ptown said:

But for some reason I can't do a lot of others like Chun Li hazenshu into senkyaku-thang and Balrog stand light punch into heavy kick.

To Gutter Trash,

Holy Jeez, I don't think I'll ever finish that shit...:(

I still have her, and Gen's last one's a killer too.

For Grief, well you always can preloop one 360 when blocking the jump attack, but I personally just like to wank it real fast...:lol

Ploid 3.0

How cool are the icons and tags you unlock from finishing all of the trials? It must be really worth it, like cool neon colors. This stuff kill my fingers just for one character.

Shadow780

Ploid 3.0 said:
How cool are the icons and tags you unlock from finishing all of the trials? It must be really worth it, like cool neon colors. This stuff kill my fingers just for one character.

Neh, I haven't seen any real interesting ones. Disappointed about Dan's titles, NOT FUNNY AT ALL.

Zapages said:
How do you guys do the airbone hurricane kick??? I can't seem to figure it out with Ryu... :(

huh? Just jump and qcb kick.

ptown

Shadow780 said:
Holy Jeez, I don't think I'll ever finish that shit...:(

I still have her, and Gen's last one's a killer too.

There are some weird things in her trials like the super jump cancels and one lightning punch cancel into ultra baffled me for a LONG time until I learned how other people did it (buffering motion while canceling the punch...).

So you've done the Balrog light punch/heavy kick link and the Chun Li hazenshu to senkyaku-thang... I can't seem to get these... *essentially* two hit combos.

Zapages

Shadow780 said:
Neh, I haven't seen any real interesting ones. Disappointed about Dan's titles, NOT FUNNY AT ALL.

huh? Just jump and qcb kick.

I don't know why it isn't working with the dpad no matter what... That's why I like keyboard for fighters...

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
henhowc said:
He also made some comments in the podcast that basically indicate that blind select isn't suited for the game and probably won't be coming.

Not suited? Fuck that.

Shadow780

ptown said:
So you've done the Balrog light punch/heavy kick link and the Chun Li hazenshu to senkyaku-thang... I can't seem to get these... *essentially* two hit combos.

Yeah somehow these were not as problematic as Viper's, basically a matter of precise timing, . Damn wish we could share save data...:lol

Guled

I really hate Akuma's who just span hadukens, I faced a ton of ppl who did that today. At least the shoryuken Kens are going down

After using the TE stick for a hour, it's really hard playing on the ps3 now. It's like I can't do my moves all of sudden. 20+ years of playing on a dpad out the window on a friday night lol

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
I shouldnt play friday nights. So full of quitters.

Played 5 ranked games, 4 out of them just disconnected after i won first round. Its getting really bad.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Kintaro said:

SRK mentality.

I can buy the limited lobbies- I don't mind that, but the lack of online penalty for disconnect is bull.

I had 7 straight droppers earlier today.

arstal said:
SRK mentality.

I can buy the limited lobbies- I don't mind that, but the lack of online penalty for disconnect is bull.

I had 7 straight droppers earlier today.

Yeah, that's pretty sad. Even Tekken DR had penalties for droppers working correctly.

LowParry

So hard to get a good game going with anyone tonight. One match, they lose. They drop. Ranked matches, they're about to lose, they drop. Oiy.

iam220 said:
Are the droppings usually at the very start of a new round? A good chunk of those are unintentional.

are you talking about the very first match? if so, then yes. i have a lot of people dropping on char select and the screen after.

ptown said:

To Gutter Trash,

thanks, your pressure play is insane and hard to deal with lol. I still have trouble reading the reversal window while waking-up from the slow wake-up. And i got suckered by the crossups allot too. I best keep practicing :p

iam220

Augemitbutter said:
are you talking about the very first match? if so, then yes. i have a lot of people dropping on char select and the screen after.

Same thing happens at the beginning of the second round at times. Unintentional drops.

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
Wow Gouken is a BEAST. I really hope he doesn't get banned; He's such a complex character, not really offensive or defensive. Though he doesn't have a solid wakeup. But his Demon Flip and srk slide rape shotos.

His counter is probably one of the hardest moves to time right. BUT, the EX version stops Akuma's Raging Demon (!) Not to mention his throw > ultra combo is freaking awesome. People always think you're going for a puny little throw when they have around 40% health left, then BAM. ULTRA COMBO FINISH!11111!

Whew, sorry I'm on a bit of a gaming high right now; I just got done a three hour play session. Got the I got next trophy too. :)

If anyone wants to add me : PSN: Armonix

RedAssedApe

Banned
Either ranked isn't doing a good job at matching with ppl my skill or there are a lot of noobs on tonight. :lol

Just played like ten matches where I only received on average +3BP per win...geez I can't imagine how much I'd lose if I had lost!

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Capcom finally sent me my 360 copy of the game, so Ill be playing that for a while tomorrow. Dont have a stick though, so Ill be padding it up.

x360 tag: Jigglyxavi

Top Bottom