• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 5 |OT| Open wheel, tyre squeal, orange peel, dat next-gen feel

Daffy Duck

Thanks, also how much is the VIP pass to buy on its own? And if you buy the VIP pack now do you get the F1 car free and the bonus tokens?

Hate how you can't check anything for xbox one on Smart glass without going through the One.

I guess the 50% deal is up? Cars seem to be a lot cheaper. I have all those Tokens from my VIP membership. I might pick up one car worth 500 tokens and then spend the rest on cars that are only worth 20 to 30 tokens. Try to mix them up so they will be good for different events. Then I can just save the in game money after the sale for the really expensive stuff.

zorbsie

Not sure if you guys saw this but t10 is asking people with VIP DLC for their gamertags and if they are missing anything. Saw this on twitter this morning. Hopefully those of us who have it will get the cars and 2x XP we actually paid for. Those are the two things that pushed me over the edge to buy the limited edition, so I he this is cleared up soon.

Klocker

I thought I read that too, but it gave me another 160k CR that expires today. So I might still be good for next month.

Edit: and it just showed up in game. Awesome!

I have 410 points to go today to get my tier 6 reward before it expires today.... wonder if that's possible? Or they said they would have more aggressive December rewards so maybe I should milk it until Sunday?

Also VIP gifts worked pretty quickly for me this week when I bought it digitally, I hope they figure out how to get disc owners fixed up

The suspension and tyre simulation is simply astonishing in FM5.
Every car is unique and his it's own handling characteristics whereas in FM4, that distinction wasn't as obvious.

Yeah, the grip levels, sensation of weight transfer, and the overall driving feel are the best in the series to date, and by leaps and bounds. There's just so much more depth to the handling with all aids off; it's fucking revelatory.

In other news, the Lotus E21 is, for all intents and purposes, a cheat code. It's almost comical the speed you can carry through corners in this thing. Even coming from sports prototypes, this is quite a step up, and it takes some effort to adjust your inputs and response time to the speed. I've long wanted to see Turn 10's take on a Formula 1 chassis, and the E21 has not disappointed in the least.

It is mad. All that downforce makes a massive difference. You can turn towards the Top Gear penultimate bend at full speed and brake at the last moment.

I've played many F1 games before - and never used an F1 car in Gran Turismo - but there's something about being impressed with the speed and power of a Mercedes C63 AMG Black and then stepping into the E21. Having that contrast in one game really brings it home what amazing things GP cars are.

I caved.

The E21 is absolutely fucking glorious. The last street section of Prague full throttle was making me grin like a big kid last night.

That and it made me yearn for some PGR.

Seriously. Running that thing through Prague on my 82" projection screen melts my brain.

Why's the Marlboro writing missing from the M23?

Thought it might be to do with the ban on cigarette advertisment but the logo is still there and Forza 4's Porsche 956 had Rothmans.

I remember back to Super Monaco GP and the removal of Marlboro, wonder if that has anything to do with it.

OrangeOak

That was funny :D
I don't have a game and xbox one (tier 3 country) but from all these vids it looks like AI is really improved or at least it's different then before.It looks like there is a lot more interesting situations and races are less boring.
I would really like to play it but on the other hand it's really hard to accept for me that there is so few tracks and no day/night.

SparksBCN

Neo Member
Why's the Marlboro writing missing from the M23?

Thought it might be to do with the ban on cigarette advertisment but the logo is still there and Forza 4's Porsche 956 had Rothmans.

I remember back to Super Monaco GP and the removal of Marlboro, wonder if that has anything to do with it.

AFAIK, DLC's aren't rated so they can get away with tobacco advertising. The 956 in FM2 and 3 wasn't DLC so it said "Racing" instead of "Rothmans".

zorbsie

VIPs get 2x credits when levelling up - so we get 31,500.

Really? "2x player reward acceleration" sounded more like XP bonus and not credits. But I am getting 31,500 per level. huh, maybe I do have everything. Did you get any cars in you're garage as a VIP or just the opportunity to buy the cars in the marketplace?

zorbsie

I got the three cars from the LE, but no tokens and VIP bump. Been tweeting Turn 10. Getting pretty annoyed.

Are you sure the 3 cars weren't from the forza rewards? I had to buy the day one cars and LE cars. But I thought there were VIP cars that were gifted to us. Oh boy, this is getting confusing. At least there wasn't store specific preorder bonus cars. ugh.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Are you sure the 3 cars weren't from the forza rewards? I had to buy the day one cars and LE cars. But I thought there were VIP cars that were gifted to us. Oh boy, this is getting confusing. At least there wasn't store specific preorder bonus cars. ugh.

I got my rewards cars in my garage and the other 3 from the LE are available to buy (the ford, the lambo and one other one).

Not sure if you guys saw this but t10 is asking people with VIP DLC for their gamertags and if they are missing anything. Saw this on twitter this morning. Hopefully those of us who have it will get the cars and 2x XP we actually paid for. Those are the two things that pushed me over the edge to buy the limited edition, so I he this is cleared up soon.

Exactly how do we go about this? Still haven't gotten anything from my Limited Edition copy and I have all the extra's downloaded. Oh and I don't have twitter.

Sebtrt

Neo Member
Exactly how do we go about this? Still haven't gotten anything from my Limited Edition copy and I have all the extra's downloaded. Oh and I don't have twitter.

This should be the link to the thread on their forums.

They posted an update here. Seems to not be an issue with Forza, but with the Xbox One or Xbox Live.

zorbsie

I got my rewards cars in my garage and the other 3 from the LE are available to buy (the ford, the lambo and one other one).
Feeling a little sheepish now. I think I have everything then. problem solved I guess. lol

Well I guess you could try the forums over at forzamotorsport.net. I haven't looked, but I'm sure there is a thread over there.

Edit: Beaten and with links! Thanks for that Sebtrt.

hadareud

The Translator
You know, I never really got into Forza. I played the first 3 and it's not that they were bad games, they were very good, but this one is really excellent. It's the first Forza I'm really addicted to. The handling is absolutely spot on and the drivestatars are really fun to race against if you up the difficulty (still a bit scared to choose unbeatable, but I'm gonna go for it soon).

Also, the rumble in the triggers makes a huge difference. Breaking feels so much better, almost real.

A few more tracks wouldn't go amiss, but I am absolutely loving it.

Phreaker

Really? "2x player reward acceleration" sounded more like XP bonus and not credits. But I am getting 31,500 per level. huh, maybe I do have everything. Did you get any cars in you're garage as a VIP or just the opportunity to buy the cars in the marketplace?

No cars are "gifted" in the LE. Well, they are going to allow you to pick any car you want since 1,250 tokens didn't cover all the cars. The only cars I was gifted were because of my Forza Rewards. There are some cars available for purchase (some a just tuned versions with livery of existing cars) as part of the LE (VIP and Day One car packs, IIRC)

Raudi

Surprise delivery today - My Walmart ordered Thrustmaster TX arrived.

Spent all day racing my E21 and 787B in multiplayer with the wheel and it was glorious!

Miss the CSRE and CSP but this will do, hopefully it will be even better after the mid-December update from T10.

Raudi

Oh shit wow!

Let us know how it compares to the Fanatec.

I miss the granular adjustability for nearly every setting with the Fanatec...but this wheel gets the job done.

At least I don't feel like such a noob using the controller in online races - It's locked at 270 Degrees in F5 for now, hopefully that will change after the next Forza patch.

p3tran

Banned
wow! bravo raudi! I'm so fucking jealous!! :D

edit
or maybe not bravo! :) fu raudi look what you made me do

ibkdqPtN3uXYuT.jpg

cheers!

edit2:
so, my second tune is up. this time, its LaFerrari

if you thought this car was amazing, just wait :)
tested on bathurst and bugatti very easy top100 times and I didnt even try.
but other than the times, its the joy of driving it like this 8)
Search the tune when in your LaFerrari, either for my gamertag or for "carworks laferrari"

also reminder,
the easiest way to farm some money multiplied by 130% is to get your golf mk2 and search for my "C500 stage2+" tune. so easy its ridiculous ;)

Are there known bugs with the driving line? I'm driving an Audi sedan and I've got breaking only as the driving line.

There are times where I follow the breaking line almost perfectly, and completely overshoot the turn.

p3tran

Banned
Are there known bugs with the driving line? I'm driving an Audi sedan and I've got breaking only as the driving line.

There are times where I follow the breaking line almost perfectly, and completely overshoot the turn.

no bugs. just get my gti tune and draw your own line ;)

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
So I reached Driver Level 10 but the achievement is not unlocking. Are there any known issues with that or am I doing something wrong?

EDIT: Got the achievement, but not right at Driver Level 10.

This game gets way to much shit for its graphics here. The game is stunning most of the time.

Looks great on my set up.

So, did everyone get a free Lotus F1 car? I was mid race and the game crashed (I was trying to earn credits while all cars were half price to but an F40) and when I reset I was browsing to see what I could afford and the price wasn't coming up on the F1 car. Turns out it is in my garage! So... how?

PG2G

Looks great on my set up.

So, did everyone get a free Lotus F1 car? I was mid race and the game crashed (I was trying to earn credits while all cars were half price to but an F40) and when I reset I was browsing to see what I could afford and the price wasn't coming up on the F1 car. Turns out it is in my garage! So... how?

Forza Rewards

Top Bottom