• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

qcf x2 said:
Well, Sakura sucks so you can't ban her. Ditto with Dan. Gouken's throw into super/ultra is cheesy, but I'm not sure it's any worse than Ryu and his five million free ultra setups. But really, if you allow throw into ultra you should at least make it so that the ultra doesn't cleanly connect (like when Ken uses his in a juggle). Oh well.

BTW guys, I am having some kind of psychological problem. I keep losing in ranked, and never ever ever to a better opponent. A few guys messaged me "GG" to which I kinda replied "thx but not really" then they try to give me advice, I challenge them in Player Match and run off double digit win streaks. In Player Matches I'm fine, but for some reason in ranked the last two days, regardless of if the person has 5000 bp or 1500 I lose.

I'm down to 3100 bp from 4100 yesterday. Makes no sense, I feel like Rick Ankiel (baseball reference).
Dont let it get to you.

I played you the other night with my Gen, Fuerte, and Vega.

I won like 3.. you won like 4 and trust me my 3 were pretty flukey I think..

Your Viper is sick and the only thing I could punish was your attempt for flame kick cross ups and elbows with Gens Gekiro. You caught on and quickly adjusted and started punishing me :p

You sir have a awesome Viper and you are just on a bad run at the moment.

GrayFoxPL

Came back from KOFXII thread and holy shit at the take out bandit trollin' SFIV there now. :lol
He must feel so lonely in his crusade against SFIV.

On topic. I wonder if the costumes is the last we see of dlc for SFIV.
Not counting the patch!

Threi

notag
griftersomethingsomething: TEACH ME HOW TO USE MANLY BISON

oh and btw i passed 2k in ranked (although I avoid ranked matches because it wrecks my nerves) Based on what ive played I think my skill level would put me in the 2k-2.5k range so I guess im done with ranked for now.

Arde5643

@grifter: sorry I didn't accept your invite the other day, I was busy getting my ass kicked the bejeesuz out by a very excellent player with the gamer tag : Solsovly.

Don't know if he posts here or not, but dude's just too good. Couldn't win a single match against him.

LakeEarth

Is something wrong with Live or me? Cause I've been searching for 20 minutes for a match (ranked or player) and there's just nobody. I beat the entire game with "search for ranked match" on and I never got challenged. When I try for quick match, it says there is no one there to choose from.

Geezer

Broken water pistol loaded with piss
Every time I get close to 4000BP I go on a losing streak and sink back to 3200/3300ish and build my way up again. Those 1BP wins are beginning to really grate on me:lol

Morph-0

LakeEarth said:
Is something wrong with Live or me? Cause I've been searching for 20 minutes for a match (ranked or player) and there's just nobody. I beat the entire game with "search for ranked match" on and I never got challenged. When I try for quick match, it says there is no one there to choose from.

I'm having the same problem mate my guess is Live is having problems unless there's a new update that I wasn't prompted for.

LakeEarth

It really sucks, I was a 10 ranked game losing streak and I really really wanted a win before suddenly I couldn't find another game. I've never lost so many 3 round nailbiters in a row.

Gantz

Banned
LakeEarth said:

Just create a game and people will find you.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
GrayFoxPL said:
Came back from KOFXII thread and holy shit at the take out bandit trollin' SFIV there now. :lol
He must feel so lonely in his crusade against SFIV.

On topic. I wonder if the costumes is the last we see of dlc for SFIV.
Not counting the patch!
I would like to clarify that the KOF XII Hype thread is not a 'Lets bash SF EX IV' thread.
Just that user is doing it....

MIMIC

Banned
Damn. There has to be an easier way to connect Ken's FADC with his EX Air Hurricane (Hard Trial #5). I mean, other than UF and quickly motioning the hurricane kick. When I practice it, sometimes it works but it NEVER works when I'm trying to do the entire combo. It's just too damn. Maybe if I keep at it, I'll luck up and it'll come out on time :-/

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
LakeEarth said:
How can they find me if they're getting the same "no one is playing" message? It's broke right now.
yeah also broke for me

Yeah, LIVE is still breathing, only the search is busted....which can't be a good thing.

uhhh.. then it's all busted? because if you doing fight requests other people must search for you.

Vdragoon

MIMIC said:
Damn. There has to be an easier way to connect Ken's FADC with his EX Air Hurricane (Hard Trial #5). I mean, other than UF and quickly motioning the hurricane kick. When I practice it, sometimes it works but it NEVER works when I'm trying to do the entire combo. It's just too damn. Maybe if I keep at it, I'll luck up and it'll come out on time :-/

you actually want to buffer hurrcane first then UF.

MIMIC

Banned
Vdragoon said:
you actually want to buffer hurrcane first then UF.

Someone suggested that in this thread and I couldn't get it to work at ALL. Ken kept going backwards. Maybe I was doing it wrong ;_; Can you explain this buffer technique?

Caj814

MIMIC said:
Someone suggested that in this thread and I couldn't get it to work at ALL. Ken kept going backwards. Maybe I was doing it wrong ;_; Can you explain this buffer technique?

I just did UF jump and as soon as he left the ground I did EX Hurricane kick.Took about 20 tries until I got the combo though

Arde5643 said:
You're a sick, sick man that needs to be stopped.

What, I'm just talking about Shaft...

Upgrade time...trifecta...

They release the Championship patch for home consoles. Drop the PC version (which I will play instead of SDF vs. Xbots).

And reveal SFIV:Alpha Revenge of the Grand Master Double Impact

New backgrounds (please)

Specific music themes for the characters

Rebalanced roster like ST (Sagat has reduced damage...no double roundhouse into ultras...Ken, Vega, Guile, Honda, Akuma have useful ultras...)

Hugo and Oro from TS
Geki and Karin from SF and Alpha
Two new characters...

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Shit is pissing me off. capcom fucked up the frames on a bunch of shit, probably because they didn't want to reanimate anything after balancing. When people can focus attack me while they're still in the air, and zangief and SPD me while he's still like 2 feet off the ground in a jump in, it's just fucking ridiculous. In some situations I can't use visual stimuli to play the game.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
What the hell is this (My profile.. a friend told me he saw it):
azhyrc.jpg

Championship? Is this normal?

Won

catfish said:
uhhh.. then it's all busted? because if you doing fight requests other people must search for you.

You still can create lobbies, invite people and play, but that whole championship thing everyone is posting here killed the search, since everyone is running around with it and you can't search for it.
I hope they fix that fast. (or release the patch in a few minutes!^^)

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
LakeEarth said:
How can they find me if they're getting the same "no one is playing" message? It's broke right now.

Hey--good games--sorry my buttons screwed up the first time and then my folks popped in to see my kids so I had to jet. Didn't mean to leave you with that loss to Cammy! Think I will be on tonight...

LowParry

And I wanted to get some games in before heading into work. Ah well. Hopefully it'll be back up and running later tonight or tomorrow. Need more practice time with Bison.

KevinCow

Banned
Spiderjericho said:
Rebalanced roster like ST (Sagat has reduced damage...no double roundhouse into ultras...Ken, Vega, Guile, Honda, Akuma have useful ultras...)
I don't know about the rest, but Honda's isn't that bad. It's not the best, and pretty tough to land, but it can be good for countering blocked Ultras or Shoryukens.

KevinCow said:
I don't know about the rest, but Honda's isn't that bad. It's not the best, and pretty tough to land, but it can be good for countering blocked Ultras or Shoryukens.

It's pretty tough to land...but it can be good for countering blocked ultras or SRKs...hmm...

Why not make his super into ultra...and maybe the old 360 or 2xhcf into his super?

And Dementia, TS Akuma theme>>>300 Grunts mixed in with OG Akuma track.

Now, I want to log onto log to see the chaos...been meaning to start playing on there...

Just letting you guys know, they were in stock earlier today also but sold out very fast. This is the 2nd or 3rd time that I know of today that they have relisted them as instock. Fucking #streetfighter4 on irc banned me from chan cause I said they were in stock and they sold out before I could paste the link =\ fucking losers

KevinCow

Banned
If they include a Third Strike character in the next iteration, I think it should be Elena. Admittedly, half my reasoning is that she's hot and doesn't wear much, but I also think her kicks only Capoeira style is pretty interesting and unique, and she fits the "martial arts styles from around the world" theme better than most SF3 characters.

Threi

notag
sorry i had to bail on you _dementia I got an important phone call and had to take it.

Damn your Bar Log. Damn him to hell.

:(

sonicspear64 said:
Threi, what the hell do you know?!
Your status has the "CHAMPIONSHIP" thing too.
:lol
A glitch in the system i guess, i was on player matches with _dementia. Maybe they are updating the system as we speak?

Top Bottom