• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. Brawl Rumor/Prophecy Thread -- Super Smash Star Fox.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MisterHero

Crushed said:
Forget Young Fink, Simon Belmont is the only worthwhile secret character.
more liek simon smellmont mirite
simon01.jpg

No I only want these guys
Blaziken.jpg

hotdogdan.gif

capsnk-ryu1.jpg

and if they have time

ItPrintsMoneyMoneyMoney_web.gif

Milabrega

MarkMan said:
I'll be sure to ignore any and all! Thanks for the heads up hahaha....

Knowing Nintendo's watching, and you can't confirm/deny any direct information, is it possible to answer broad questions that would spark further speculation?

RagnarokX

MarkMan said:
That list up there is 100% fake.

All I'm going to say is... Sonic is a bitch to unlock. It is true.
But Sakurai said most characters are unlocked via SSE, and when Sonic was added to the Dojo they had a video of Sonic meeting up with Mario in SSE. It could have been a mock-up, I suppose, but it makes more sense that it was Sonic's intro movie.

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
Milabrega said:
Knowing Nintendo's watching, and you can't confirm/deny any direct information, is it possible to answer broad questions that would spark further speculation?

The best question for someone who is unable to actually leak direct information:

Has the REAL roster been leaked anywhere on the internet yet? (I'm guessing the answer is no)

RagnarokX said:
But Sakurai said most characters are unlocked via SSE, and when Sonic was added to the Dojo they had a video of Sonic meeting up with Mario in SSE. It could have been a mock-up, I suppose, but it makes more sense that it was Sonic's intro movie.

It could be an unlockable path that's very hard to unlock.

Fireblend

Banned
Wouldn't it be awesome if the last level had Mario and Sonic together fighting the last boss? Maybe that's the case and that's why it's so difficult to unlock?

PkunkFury

MrCheez said:
Has the REAL roster been leaked anywhere on the internet yet? (I'm guessing the answer is no)

I'm amazed there's been no major leak yet. It wouldn't surprise me if the real roster is floating around somewhere, but with all of the fake lists being posted, there's too much noise. Maybe we'll find out the real roster was leaked after the fact, but it does seem like Nintendo kept this secret

PkunkFury said:
I'm amazed there's been no major leak yet. It wouldn't surprise me if the real roster is floating around somewhere, but with all of the fake lists being posted, there's too much noise. Maybe we'll find out the real roster was leaked after the fact, but it does seem like Nintendo kept this secret

Nintendo is better than any military at keeping secrets.
How many times has news from them just come out of left field without anyone even hinting at it?

Milabrega

MrCheez said:
The best question for someone who is unable to actually leak direct information:

That answer has to be yes. Between Gamefaqs and the forming Smash Nsider forums and their Roster threads, someone had to have guessed right. We're talking 3000+ rosters atleast.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Yes, false ones should feel the hammer...

I can't say anything that already hasn't been announced... ESPECIALLY since it seems someone can easily research who I am lol... But I don't work for Bradygames at all.

Crushed

Fry Daddy
MarkMan said:

I can't say anything that already hasn't been announced... ESPECIALLY since it seems someone can easily research who I am lol... But I don't work for Bradygames at all.
so uh what about the pm system wink wink nudge nudge poke poke present penis wink wink

MarkMan said:

Can't you tell us things that AREN'T true?
:D

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
No third party characters that haven't already been announced... I'll debunk what I know when I see it, but other than that, I don't wanna get crucified for anything...

Nintendo is serious business.

And I will absolutely not reply to any PMs.

Unless it's a PM with sexy pictures, but even then, I'll probably just look at it longer.

Milabrega

Grecco said:
All i want to know is if theres another third party character in it or not. Dont care who or what company

That would be the one question.

AceBandage said:
Can't you tell us things that AREN'T true?
:D

People who post complete rosters are the only things people with info have been shutting down.

PkunkFury

MarkMan said:
No third party characters that haven't already been announced...

are you saying there are no other third party characters, or that you won't talk about the other third party characters?

Milabrega

MarkMan said:
No third party characters that haven't already been announced... I'll debunk what I know when I see it, but other than that, I don't wanna get crucified for anything...

Nintendo is serious business.

And I will absolutely not reply to any PMs.

Unless it's a PM with sexy pictures, but even then, I'll probably just look at it longer.

Could you Debunk Rapscouter and One_Step?

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=137926

Their both "in the know" prophets. Rapscouter skates by being deconfirmed by saying 3 items in each bracket are fake while the rest are real, so if more than 3 in one bracket is fake can you just post "rapscouter debunked" not having to tell us what bracket or whats wrong?

Fireblend

Banned
Ok I have determined MarkMan's profession is writting in as many blogs as possible to keep us from actually finding out what his real profession is.

Firestorm

Milabrega said:
Could you Debunk Rapscouter and One_Step?

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=137926

Their both "in the know" prophets. Rapscouter skates by being deconfirmed by saying 3 items in each bracket are fake while the rest are real, so if more than 3 in one bracket is fake can you just post "rapscouter debunked" not having to tell us what bracket or whats wrong?

That would be helpful yes.

How much of a no-no is telling us the starting roster >_> Something like "No one not on the Dojo is a starter" ors omething.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Milabrega: oh my, thats a lot of stuff there I'm not going to weed through it, cuz thats a bunch of stuff there... Just by reading the stuff that was asked, it's obviously going to lead to me leaking stuff that hasn't been announced/revealed yet. Sorry.

I will say this, 35 characters, 41 stages. That's it.

Fireblend

Banned
MarkMan said:

That would actually be ok by me. I'll believe this man solely because it's too easy to find his real name/AIM and he's actually got a reputation to care for (I think... :lol )

scottnak

MarkMan said:
Milabrega: oh my, thats a lot of stuff there I'm not going to weed through it, cuz thats a bunch of stuff there... Just by reading the stuff that was asked, it's obviously going to lead to me leaking stuff that hasn't been announced/revealed yet. Sorry.

Ooh hoo. We got some goods on our own!!
Willing to put his life on the line too. Good man.

PkunkFury

There was a believable leak on Smashboards said 35 characters as well. It's a good number, though I'll admit I was expecting a bit more. If most of the melee characters return there's not room for too many unknown newcomers.

Meloche

MarkMan said:
This is exactly what I've been expecting, and good man if this turns out to be true. Most characters are returning as well? Bye Pichu, Dr Mario, Roy, and possibly Mewtwo.

I'm assuming that the stage number includes classic stages returning, but is there any way you can just let us know how many of those characters/stages are default? That would be super.

I wouldn't hold out for a leak. The supposed leak for Melee a week before release was actually just an edited intro movie. It confirmed a lot of things for people (like Ganon) and started other rumors (like Ridley), but the one thing no one knew about was Sheik. Sakurai completely cut her out of the "unofficially leaked intro".

PkunkFury

Fireblend said:
http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=928518&topic=40880987

Hmmm... I hate GameFAQs, but do I smell a coincidence? :lol It's either that or she (?) lurks at GAF and was quick to make a new topic over there...

GameFAQs is always watching the GAF smash threads. They are the reason everyone thought that CoroCard confirmed Sheik, when they posted Neo's 2ch rumors as facts. They have done it with a number of other things too.

Firestorm

This is going to go everywhere. I believe this guy. He does have a reputation to uphold, although I think it's more with the Tekken Community.

Edit: I guess this will be on SmashBoards within 10 minutes. Any takers?

Milabrega

MarkMan said:

Thanks, thats greatly appreciated. It also debunked One_step =).

Firestorm said:
This is going to go everywhere. I believe this guy. He does have a reputation to uphold, although I think it's more with the Tekken Community.

Edit: I guess this will be on SmashBoards within 10 minutes. Any takers?

I'm suprised it wasn't there immediately.

Scribble

PkunkFury said:
GameFAQs is always watching the GAF smash threads. They are the reason everyone thought that CoroCard confirmed Sheik, when they posted Neo's 2ch rumors as facts. They have done it with a number of other things too.

That's not true. GameFAQs usually watch GAF for general gaming news threads. However, when it comes to Smash, it's usually SmashBoards or GameFAQs with the newest info.

Firestorm

Scribble said:
That's not true. GameFAQs usually watch GAF for general gaming news threads. However, when it comes to Smash, it's usually SmashBoards or GameFAQs with the newest info.

I'd say it's usually GAF with the newest Japanese news even for Smash. Soniku in Sumabura.

Actually, I want to post this there.
Topic Title: "Shut up about 48 characters. 35 characters, 41 stages"
Topic Body: kthnxbai

Would that be bad?

Scribble

Firestorm said:
Actually, I want to post this there.
Topic Title: "Shut up about 48 characters. 35 characters, 41 stages"
Topic Body: kthnxbai

Would that be bad?

The mods there have suddenly gotten off their asses, so it'll probably be deleted, lol.

PkunkFury

Scribble said:

If by "newest info" you mean people posting fake rosters, you are right. Smashboards has tons of good info from the events and Japanese magazines, but Gamefaqs?

And it is true, similar threads popped up on Gamefaqs when neo found the corocoro card scan and when Sporsks was translating the Whobby blog. Gamefaqs people are watching a number of smash sites so they can post the info in their community, just as we do here, but we usually provide links ;)

MarkMan said:

So ten unannounced characters and and fifteen unannounced stages.

...I actually expected it to be less than that. MarkMan, can you confirm/deny that Brawl is the best game ever?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The only way we can prove whether or not he is a false prophet is to get him fired. The modern forum version of the witch test.

I think he's bullshitting.

Scribble

PkunkFury said:
If by "newest info" you mean people posting fake rosters, you are right. Smashboards has tons of good info from the events and Japanese magazines, but Gamefaqs?

And it is true, similar threads popped up on Gamefaqs when neo found the corocoro card scan and when Sporsks was translating the Whobby blog. Gamefaqs people are watching a number of smash sites so they can post the info in their community, just as we do here, but we usually provide links ;)

There are a few members on GameFAQs who translated that stuff (And found out that the Sheik thing was fake). And, IIRC, the Dragoon leaker first appeared on GameFAQs.

OgnodoD said:
That sucks. :(

Face it, if there was one or two 3rd party characters, you would have been disappointed with which ones anyways. Sonic and Snake have earned their place, have any other characters REALLY?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom