• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. Brawl Rumor/Prophecy Thread -- Super Smash Star Fox.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SantaC

flipping_heck said:
Deadly dealy rumours:

48 characters confirmed?
http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/3058/brawl48dj8.jpg

and a list from Gamefaqs (claiming to be from a Japanese player's guide and from 2ch)
Mario Series:
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Stanley the Bug Man (he's labeled a Mario character)
Wart

Zelda Series
Link
Ganondorf (new moveset)
Zelda/Shiek
Tingle

Pokemon Series
Pikachu
Mewtwo
Jigglypuff
Pokemon Trainer
Lucario

Yoshi Series
Yoshi
Kamek

Donkey Kong Series
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
King K. Rool

Star Fox Series
Fox
Falco (updated moveset with Assault Weaponry)
Krystal

Kirby Series
Kirby
Meta Knight
King DeDeDe

Metroid Series
Samus/ Zero Suit Samus
Ridley

Earthbound Series
Lucas
Ness (special moves have changed while Lucas inherits an altered moveset based off his previous ones)

F-Zero Series
Captain Falcon
Black Shadow

Fire Emblem Series
Ike
Marth
Titania

Wario Series
Wario
Mona

Single Nintendo Character Franchises
Ice Climbers (Ice Climber)
Mr. Game and Watch (Game & Watch)
Olimar and Pikmin (Pikmin)
Pit (Kid Icarus)
Villager (Animal Crossing)
Mii (Uses the DS Icon)
Balloon Fighter (Balloon Fighter, but seems to use the Eggplant as an icon...not surprising after seeing the Fish in the Summit)

Third Party Characters
Snake (Metal Gear)
Sonic (Sonic)
Slime (Dragon Quest)

not believable. I doubt they have that many characters. and slime, wtf? It doesnt make any sense.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Thats a crazy list. Awesome list if true. I'm not putting any stock into it yet, just because of the location where its gathered from.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
That's a very interesting roster and it is very different from what others have been claiming. However, coming from Gamefaqs with 2ch as a source doesn't really sit right with me as being real.

EDIT:
IMG_0869.jpg

According to Brawl Central this is the translation:
Do you remember? Ness left behind? For Super Smash Brother's Brawl we gave Lucas a new moveset based off Ness from Mother 2. Ness isn't appearing in Brawl this time but players will still see him in the background off the Onett level on occasions.

He hasn't been seen in the demo though, even though Onett is playable so take it with a grain of salt.

Fireblend said:
What does it even say there?

Gamefaqs says its from a Japanese newspaper review or something and they accidently listed the number of characters in the game.. but yeah, like everybody else, take it with a big vault of salt.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Titania as a playable? She's a mounted character. I can't see how that would possibly work.

HotByCold

Banned
flipping_heck said:
Deadly dealy rumours:

48 characters confirmed?
http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/3058/brawl48dj8.jpg

and a list from Gamefaqs (claiming to be from a Japanese player's guide and from 2ch)
Mario Series:
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Stanley the Bug Man (he's labeled a Mario character)
Wart

Zelda Series
Link
Ganondorf (new moveset)
Zelda/Shiek
Tingle

Pokemon Series
Pikachu
Mewtwo
Jigglypuff
Pokemon Trainer
Lucario

Yoshi Series
Yoshi
Kamek

Donkey Kong Series
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
King K. Rool

Star Fox Series
Fox
Falco (updated moveset with Assault Weaponry)
Krystal

Kirby Series
Kirby
Meta Knight
King DeDeDe

Metroid Series
Samus/ Zero Suit Samus
Ridley

Earthbound Series
Lucas
Ness (special moves have changed while Lucas inherits an altered moveset based off his previous ones)

F-Zero Series
Captain Falcon
Black Shadow

Fire Emblem Series
Ike
Marth
Titania

Wario Series
Wario
Mona

Single Nintendo Character Franchises
Ice Climbers (Ice Climber)
Mr. Game and Watch (Game & Watch)
Olimar and Pikmin (Pikmin)
Pit (Kid Icarus)
Villager (Animal Crossing)
Mii (Uses the DS Icon)
Balloon Fighter (Balloon Fighter, but seems to use the Eggplant as an icon...not surprising after seeing the Fish in the Summit)

Third Party Characters
Snake (Metal Gear)
Sonic (Sonic)
Slime (Dragon Quest)

Bullshit list.

Jenga

Banned
SantaC said:
not believable. I doubt they have that many characters. and slime, wtf? It doesnt make any sense.
Haha Tingle. Yeah, this must be fake. But still, this roster wins for tingle

Fireblend

Banned
Do you really have to quote the whole thing? Anyway yeah, I'll say it again fake. And no Claus? It's not even a fake list I'd support :lol
Gamefaqs says its from a Japanese newspaper review or something and they accidently listed the number of characters in the game.. but yeah, like everybody else, take it with a big vault of salt.
GameFAQs again? Next please :p

teekay

Note to future roster list fakers: if you want to be even remotely convincing, do not include a character called "Stanley the Bug Man".

teekay

Sciz said:
Stanley's real, though. He's also forgettable and would fall under Donkey Kong.
Yeah, exactly. He might work as an AT, but he's buried at least an order of magnitude deeper in the mires of obscurity than any other playable character confirmed at the moment.

TreIII

Shiggy said:
No playable Ness in the game.

No, that's wrong. Go take a look at Brawl Central again.

They just went and changed the article again, because they know now (if not before) that the original "translation" was from some random idiot on Serebii, and it was wrong.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Shiggy said:
No playable Ness in the game.
Real translators have confirmed that to be false. So the answer to his question is pretty much no, unless you count Pokeball Pokemon and assist trophies.

Scribble

If the roster size was from yesterday's issue of that Japanese newspaper, wouldn't 2ch or somewhere have reported it AGES ago?

TreIII

Scribble said:
If the roster size was from yesterday's issue of that Japanese newspaper, wouldn't 2ch or somewhere have reported it AGES ago?

Not necessarily.

But any way, the translation that most people seem to agree on is that it basically talks about how DX(Melee) had 25 characters, while X(Brawl) has 48 characters.

If true...well then, my wish for the roster to be approaching 50 would definitely come to pass...especially if we don't count possible "multiples" like Sheik, PokeTra's Pokemon and others...

[Nintex]

RoboPlato said:
Here's an interesting one. Someone's claiming to have done an interview with a programmer and gives a list of things that have been cut from the game, as well as reasons why. I don't know if it's legit but it's at least better than claiming that these characters are in.

http://brawlcentral.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=1727
I highly doubt that they had those bugs and problems during development. Nintendo has their best staff working on the game.
His model was done and actually inserted into the game, but all programming of his existence as a playable character was removed due to a serious flaw in design: his wings could not function well in the game. Also, the physics of one of his taunts, him taking off his mask, created further problems in programming.
You do not remove a character because the taunt isn't working. And the team doesn't seem to have any problems with the wings of Pit and Metaknight.
-Banjo and Kazooie: The team was planning on including the duo from the start and wanted to team up with Rare for the designing of the pair. However, complications arose with Microsoft over the rights of Banjo and Kazooie, meaning the Brawl team would have had to make a deal with Microsoft itself. Not willing to go that far for the character, the idea was scrapped.
They didn't seem to have any problems cutting a deal with SEGA and Konami.

Firestorm

How would someone who isn't press get an interview with a Brawl programmer. And how would it be some random person who doesn't live in Japan. And why would they post it on a fansite's forum instead of their own website.

Milabrega

That Ness photo, Theres a purple GC above the picture. So i'm just going to go ahead and assume thats an old magazine article about Melee.

And i doubt Nintendo was unable to work out a deal with microsoft about Banjo. I would hope that Microsoft would probably had bent any which way if they were in talks to get Banjo in there for the sake of promoting Banjo 3.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
[Nintex] said:
They didn't seem to have any problems cutting a deal with SEGA and Konami.

List is definitely fake. However SEGA and konami do not have competing consoles and they aren't Microsoft. I am sure the list is fake but this a plausible outside of this rumors thread if you know what i mean

Grecco

List sounds believable imo.
I said Slime was a perfect rerpesentative from Sauqre Enix ages ago even though i wish it was someone else

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
The image that supposedly comes from "oita godo-shinbun" looks pretty fake to me.

No newspapers print in that format. I'm pretty sure they aren't even written in that format.

Also I can't seem to find "oita godo-shinbun" online anywhere.

Fireblend

Banned
Ok, I think I just discovered undeniable proof as to why this supposed article is fake. Go to wikipedia's Brawl article. Now go the japanese' version of the article. Check out the last two paragraphs:

スネークが登場するのは、任天堂のゲームのファンだった小島秀夫から桜井へ、前作『DX』の発売時期前後より希望があったと語られている。E3において発表された際には、悲鳴にも似た歓声が上がったとのこと。なお、スネークがクロスオーバー作品の対戦アクションゲームに参戦するのはハドソンの『ドリームミックスTV ワールドファイターズ』に続き2度目となる。

ソニックにおいては前作の頃から要望があったが、時間の関係で実現できなかったという話があり、また「世界で最も参戦が望まれていたキャラクター」であったという[5]。なお、ソニックはマリオファミリーとは既に『マリオ&ソニック AT 北京オリンピック』での競演が実現している。

また、新規参戦となるリュカは前作『大乱闘スマッシュブラザーズDX』において参戦する予定だった[6]がNINTENDO64版『MOTHER3』の開発中止のため結局参戦しなかったという経緯があり、その後ゲームボーイアドバンス用ソフトとしてようやくMOTHER3が完成したため参戦となった。

一方、本作に関する情報が公開されて間もないうちに、前作に登場した内の何人かは削られることになると語られている。

Familiar? If I'm not mistaken, those are the last paragraphs of the so-called article. Unless the journalist published a shameless copy-paste just after giving away huge spoilers, that is :lol

Fireblend said:
Ok, I think I just discovered undeniable proof as to why this supposed article is fake. Go to wikipedia's Brawl article. Now go the japanese' version of the article. Check out the last two paragraphs:

Familiar? If I'm not mistaken, those are the last paragraphs of the so-called article. Unless the journalist published a shameless copy-paste just after giving away huge spoilers, that is :lol
:lol :lol

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
That list up there is 100% fake.

All I'm going to say is... Sonic is a bitch to unlock. It is true.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Fireblend said:

Wow, that is one lazy fake. I can't believe that one survived for so long.

MarkMan said:

Hmmm....

Milabrega

MarkMan said:

You speak as if you know. Round these parts, that means your PM box requesting info will be full real soon.

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
I can't wait to look back over all these old 'prophets' and 'leaks' when we know the final roster and see if any of it was real. (I'm doubting it though, thusfar... only reason I'm even curious is due to the fact that Melee's roster leaked so early)

Crushed

Fry Daddy
MarkMan said:

Oh God, please don't tell me they took inspiration from the EGM April Fool's Joke.

PLEASE don't be defeating 20 Alloys in Cruel Melee. PLEASE. NO ONE will unlock Sonic.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Milabrega said:
You speak as if you know. Round these parts, that means your PM box requesting info will be full real soon.

I'll be sure to ignore any and all! Thanks for the heads up hahaha....

Firestorm

MarkMan, I did some stalking/sleuthing, I think you work at BradyGames. I think this means you are working on the Brawl strategy guide.

Confirm/Deny go.

Crushed

Fry Daddy
Firestorm said:
MarkMan, I did some stalking sleuthing, I think you work at BradyGames. I think this means you are working on the Brawl strategy guide.

Confirm/Deny go.
Forget Young Fink, Simon Belmont is the only worthwhile secret character.

Firestorm said:
MarkMan, I did some stalking/sleuthing, I think you work at BradyGames. I think this means you are working on the Brawl strategy guide.

Confirm/Deny go.

Ah. Well, then... I suppose it's time we all packed our bags and took to sleeping in his gutters?

Sciz

Crushed said:
Oh God, please don't tell me they took inspiration from the EGM April Fool's Joke.

PLEASE don't be defeating 20 Alloys in Cruel Melee. PLEASE. NO ONE will unlock Sonic.

The very thought of the sheer irony of it all is enough to make me laugh.

I'll be in tears if it's true, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom