• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. Brawl Rumor/Prophecy Thread -- Super Smash Star Fox.

Status
Not open for further replies.
M3wThr33 said:
Well, two things are there to base off of.

1. It's a Capcom character, so that limits it to a bunch of series.
2. The LEVEL is not from the same game as the CHARACTER. That narrows it further. It's not going to be a side character that only appeared in one game. That would be missing an opportunity. It's got to be a main character that has several different versions.

Example: Jugei Yagyu from Onimusha, but the level is the Eiffel Tower from Onimusha 3, which Jubei wasn't in. (Samanoske was)
It's kinda tough to imagine a game where the main guy wouldn't be applied to a level from his own series. It vexes the mind to think of legends surrounding a character who would be so extrapolated to be able span multiple series and leave zero doubt.
Which is why a Castlevania character, which is a logical choice, would be in SSB.

Wait, did I just associate logic with rumors? :lol

M3wThr33

Banned
Greatness Gone said:
Which is why a Castlevania character, which is a logical choice, would be in SSB.

Wait, did I just associate logic with rumors? :lol
Ah yes, Castlevania, one of the Capcom greats! They needed to make more copies of Aria of Sorrow.

Well, there's other things that Snake and Sonic have in common. They've both been in fighting games. Snake was in DMTVWF and Sonic was in Sonic Championship and Sonic Battle.

If we stick to CAPCOM characters in fighting games, that suggest possibly Viewtiful Joe (Red Hot Rumble), Ryu (MvC), Zero (Onimusha Blade Warriros), and Jill Valentine (MvC2).

M3wThr33 said:
Ah yes, Castlevania, one of the Capcom greats! They needed to make more copies of Aria of Sorrow.

Well, there's other things that Snake and Sonic have in common. They've both been in fighting games. Snake was in DMTVWF and Sonic was in Sonic Championship and Sonic Battle.

If we stick to CAPCOM characters in fighting games, that suggest possibly Viewtiful Joe (Red Hot Rumble), Ryu (MvC), Zero (Onimusha Blade Warriros), and Jill Valentine (MvC2).
I'm getting tired of Capcom milking the Castlevania series as much as I've gotten tired of Konami milking MegaMan.

Still... Capcom doesn't have representation yet, so lets hope Simon's in.

SantaC

Thunder Monkey said:
I'm getting tired of Capcom milking the Castlevania series as much as I've gotten tired of Konami milking MegaMan.

Still... Capcom doesn't have representation yet, so lets hope Simon's in.

I hope simon's in too. There is no rule against having 2 characters from same 3rd party developer.

Zerodoppler said:
And what would be the point of the character then? What powers would he have?

Captain Falcon never had any in the F-Zero series and ended up with a full moveset.
I don't think they would have trouble creating a moveset with the bunch of moves VJ already has in his own games.

HotByCold

Banned
Alright, he told me to take down the information and to stop fucking leaking.
So unfortunately there won't be any more updates from here.

CoolS

HotByCold said:

Aw come on :(

Tell me in a pm. I won't tell anybody!

The Hermit

So, I know this guy who is a translator for the Uk version of the dojo and this is what he told me:

That there will be an detailed explanation of the power up system in SSE this week,
he don't have the exact date since they translated the updates in a groups of 5, and yes it was translated several months ago

If this prediction of his turns out true I'll add some of the other stuff he said( crazy stuff)

So edit Op and add me as a prophet.

Damn he was right...

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
HotByCold said:

Yeah, you forgot that people from Nintendo read this forum. Mentioning where you're source came from was a BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIG nono.

Alright, I'll just ask for one more piece of information from your source before you have to stop. Can you at least give a full roster with detailed explanation of all of their moves and final smashes? I don't think that's too much to ask.

Crushed

Fry Daddy
To everyone confused in here, "Capcom makes Castlevania" is a joke spawning from a thread in which a user demanded that Capcom produce more copies of Dawn of Sorrow.

SantaC

Crushed said:
To everyone confused in here, "Capcom makes Castlevania" is a joke spawning from a thread in which a user demanded that Capcom produce more copies of Dawn of Sorrow.

The joke is older than so

TreIII

sp0rsk said:
Yeah, you forgot that people from Nintendo read this forum. Mentioning where you're source came from was a BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIG nono.

Who DOESN'T read neoGAF, at this rate?

But seriously...too bad. Our one credible source, besides perhaps Serebii, and Nintendo sent their mini-Ninjis to shut the game down before it could even get started. :lol

Ninjii_sprite.PNG

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
ratcliffja said:
Alright, I'll just ask for one more piece of information from your source before you have to stop. Can you at least give a full roster with detailed explanation of all of their moves and final smashes? I don't think that's too much to ask.
Really?

Deadly dealy rumours:

48 characters confirmed?
http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/3058/brawl48dj8.jpg

and a list from Gamefaqs (claiming to be from a Japanese player's guide and from 2ch)
Mario Series:
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Stanley the Bug Man (he's labeled a Mario character)
Wart

Zelda Series
Link
Ganondorf (new moveset)
Zelda/Shiek
Tingle

Pokemon Series
Pikachu
Mewtwo
Jigglypuff
Pokemon Trainer
Lucario

Yoshi Series
Yoshi
Kamek

Donkey Kong Series
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
King K. Rool

Star Fox Series
Fox
Falco (updated moveset with Assault Weaponry)
Krystal

Kirby Series
Kirby
Meta Knight
King DeDeDe

Metroid Series
Samus/ Zero Suit Samus
Ridley

Earthbound Series
Lucas
Ness (special moves have changed while Lucas inherits an altered moveset based off his previous ones)

F-Zero Series
Captain Falcon
Black Shadow

Fire Emblem Series
Ike
Marth
Titania

Wario Series
Wario
Mona

Single Nintendo Character Franchises
Ice Climbers (Ice Climber)
Mr. Game and Watch (Game & Watch)
Olimar and Pikmin (Pikmin)
Pit (Kid Icarus)
Villager (Animal Crossing)
Mii (Uses the DS Icon)
Balloon Fighter (Balloon Fighter, but seems to use the Eggplant as an icon...not surprising after seeing the Fish in the Summit)

Third Party Characters
Snake (Metal Gear)
Sonic (Sonic)
Slime (Dragon Quest)

Fireblend

Banned
flipping_heck said:
Deadly dealy rumours:

48 characters confirmed?
http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/3058/brawl48dj8.jpg

What does it even say there?

and a list from Gamefaqs (claiming to be from a Japanese player's guide and from 2ch)

Anything from GameFAQs (or 2chan, for that matter) is a guaranteed fake for me, but anyway,
Slime?, Stanley? Who is that to begin with?
I don't believe this for a second. If the Japanese guide has leaked we'll be overrun by spoilers anyway, but I won't bet on it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom