• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ELI MANNING OWNS TIKI BARBER, THE AFC, THE ENTIRE LEAGUE, AND THE UNIVERSE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Branduil

2gybvat.jpg

Edit: stupid tinypic, resizing my image.

worldrunover said:
Great game, great finish, great team. I'm just so excited, this is the best I have felt about a sports team since the '94 Rangers. Simply awe inspiring.

By the way, we need a name for that Manning/Tyree play. My brother came up with "the hat trick" (since he caughti t on his head). But that's only half the play, so we need something else.

Oh, BTW:

Bill Simmons' BITTER TEARS.

Man Bill Simmons is such a bitch.

Chiggs

Gold Member
So this Spygate thing...certainly opens up some interesting cans of worms. Remember how Dan Reeves complained twice that Joe Gibbs had sent scouts to film the Broncos' practices prior to the Superbowl? Eeeeeiiinteresting.

Wellington said:
Dude, Ewing a ring chaser? GTFO.

I don't want to get into a fight about this, because I'm too happy for your Giants right now.

LiveWire

Hey Wellington, Congratulations! :D

Your team is truly the best this year. I can't imagine how it must feel to see your team win a championship in that manner. For a few hours, everyone including myself was a Giants fan. It was awesome.

Starting today however, the Giants are back to being hated division rivals. We're taking it to you next season, so get ready for a beatdown in 8 months! ;P

iapetus

Scary Euro Man
LiveWire said:
How was the atmosphere over there? Did anyone give a shit?

It was pretty tense in this house in the fourth quarter, with much shit-giving, I can tell you. Had five people round watching the game, and although none of us were fans of either team, we'd all adopted the Giants for one evening. :D

Not sure how much it was followed country-wide by people who aren't regular fans, but there's a large and passionate fanbase over here who were very much into it. It was shown on terrestrial TV and in HD on Sky Sports, so that's a pretty wide coverage. In fact I've now seen the game on TV three times - once last night, once this morning and once this afternoon. So they're definitely making the most of the coverage...

SleazyC

Anyone catch Chadiha's article on ESPN?
5. Sour on Seymour

The Giants didn't have anything positive to say about Patriots defensive end Richard Seymour after their Super Bowl win. Apparently, Seymour told some New York offensive players that they "should be ready to go home" before their last drive. That comment irritated Toomer, and it still bothered Giants running back Brandon Jacobs in the locker room.

"I'll give you a quote on Seymour," Jacobs said. "You can write that he's a soft [expletive]. He said we should get ready to go home. Well, now he's on the team that went 18-1."

Chiggs

Gold Member
woodchuck said:
where did he go chase his ring? with the shitty sonics or shitty magic?

You know what? I just checked the records and I have no idea what I was talking about. I'm probably thinking of someone else, but whatever... I was wrong.

Wellington, sorry, bud. :(

Edit:

If anything, Alonzo Mourning is a dirty ring chaser.

Ah-ha!

Karakand

NutJobJim said:
I don't really know anything about Football (I'm a Brit) but I actually enjoyed the game last night. My girlfriends from Boston and is a big Pats fan. She's been going on about how awesome the Pats are, and swooning over Brady, for as long as I've known her. All week I was telling her how funny it was going to be when the Giants steal the Pats perfect season away from them (never really believing it was actually going to happen.) All night I was cheering for the Giants just to piss her off:lol Unfortunately she didn't see the funny side last night at the end of the game-and neither did I, since she denied me sex because of my antics.
That's a shame, mate. I hear NOTHING is a better lube than
BITTER TEARS

Redd

Chiggs said:
You know what? I just checked the records and I have no idea what I was talking about. I'm probably thinking of someone else, but whatever... I was wrong.

Wellington, sorry, bud. :(

QUOTE]

You were probably thinking of Gary Payton. He got a ring with the Heat like Alonzo.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
worldrunover said:
:lol Exactly. The 2000 Sonics weren't exactly big dogs.

If anything, Alonzo Mourning is a dirty ring chaser.
He came back to Miami and won his ring, brah. :kittonwyindifferent.jpg:

Someone needs to put together a YTMND titled "Tom Brady Has Two Weaknesses", and put up pics of Peyton and Eli with that 8-bit Axel F song in the background. Who's with me? :D

Oh, and...
http://tombradyowned.ytmnd.com/

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
I try to watch sportscenter's coverage of the superbowl...

then Emmit smith talks and i have to change the channel.. WTF

jjasper

I would like to thank Archie for giving the world 2 saviors to defeat the evil Brady. And one of the brothers needs to get to work to combat the baby Brady.

Today, when I woke up, I stepped outside and saw the sun. It shined more beautiful today than it has in a long time. The sky was vibrant and people smiled. All is right in the world.

EDIT: Also, BITTER TEARS MOTHERFUCKERS!!!!
am I doing it right?

Karakand

jjasper said:
I would like to thank Archie for giving the world 2 saviors to defeat the evil Brady. And one of the brothers needs to get to work to combat the baby Brady.
s43yo4.jpg

Does the baby daddy get to smoke a cigar when the kid is born too? I am not good with customary behavior.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man

This time around, we were the Rams. We were rooting for the unlikable double-digit favorites with an unstoppable offense. We were the arrogant fans who dismissed the chances of the other team. We had the Super Bowl postgame party looming that had been a hot ticket all week.

The Giants deserved to win. They were better. They peaked at the right time. And watching their fans celebrate afterward, a small part of me actually felt happy for them. Envious, even. It's one thing to win a championship ... it's another to win a championship like that. You can't possibly understand unless it happens to you.

And for those of you saying he wouldnt want to remember it.
where the Ewing Theory has been replaced by the Tiki Theory.

Yea, he's so bitter.
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/080204

Oh and for those feeling sorry for Junior Seau, he's a prick and treats women like shit.

Branduil

The NFL blocked Tivo devices from playing back the Super Bowl, what the heck? I'm going to go download 5 torrents of it just to spite them.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I didn't realize I was such a brash Giants fan. I came to work and everyone's congratulating me. I'll take it but I had nothing to do with it, just a lot of faith. :D

Thanks also to those that sent me PMs, the kind words are appreciated.

So far I have bought three local papers, the Post, the Daily News, and the Newsday. I am going to from each of the covers, could be another 17 years for a championship!

BTW if anyone has a chance read this topic from about post 2450 on to 2600. Hilarious. :lol

I for one cannot wait to hear Chris "Maddog" Russo on WFAN who picked the Pats 49-7.

Also:

tyree3.jpg

09000d5d8067e325_gallery_600.jpg

:D

maynerd

Banned
Branduil said:
The NFL blocked Tivo devices from playing back the Super Bowl, what the heck? I'm going to go download 5 torrents of it just to spite them.

What? I recorded it. I'll see if I can replay it tonight. I don't think they can stop that.

LJ11

SleazyC said:
Anyone catch Chadiha's article on ESPN?

Seymour's a fucking a bitch. Watching the game yesterday, and recalling comments made by the Chargers after the AFC title game, I couldn't help but notice how late he gets into piles. Wrapping his arms around players necks after the play is dead and shit like that. I thought Wilfork was cheap and dirty, but Seymour is on another level.

GuessWho

Wellington said:
I didn't realize I was such a brash Giants fan. I came to work and everyone's congratulating me. I'll take it but I had nothing to do with it, just a lot of faith. :D

So far I have bought three local papers, the Post, the Daily News, and the Newsday. I am going to from each of the covers, could be another 17 years for a championship!

BTW if anyone has a chance read this topic from about post 2450 on to 2600. Hilarious. :lol

I for one cannot wait to hear Chris "Maddog" Russo on WFAN who picked the Pats 49-7.

tell us how it goes.

Karakand

Bill "Bitter Tears" Simmons said:
2. Speaking of Brady, if the Patriots had finished 19-0, I planned to start my column with a scene from the Patriots' postgame party. Through some mutual friends, I had arranged to hang out with Brady's crew for what promised to be a laid-back celebration in somebody's hotel room, probably no more than 15-20 people since Brady's circle is surprisingly and refreshingly small. Because it was a rare chance to catch Brady in an unguarded moment -- and an important moment at that -- I spent most of Friday and Saturday thinking about that first paragraph and all the different ways it could start. I kept seeing Brady sitting in a chair with his right ankle encased in ice, quietly sipping a bottle of champagne with a satisfied smile on his face, and Gisele would be there, and everyone would be recapping 19-0 and remembering the incredible season. I liked the thought of a famous person celebrating a historic night in such a totally normal and relatable way. And that's what it will remain. A thought and only a thought. It never happened.
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Somehow, I forgot to pack my good-luck Wes Welker jersey
After the game, we reacted in different ways: I took the approach of "we didn't deserve to win, we sucked, we choked and I'm not getting distraught over this when the city of Boston has won five titles since 2002"
As Geese Howard would say, "PREDICTABLE". Or was it, "DOUBLE RED FRUIT CAKE"? I'm not sure...

TheDuce22

Banned
That last giants drive was possibly the ugliest drive ive ever seen. 3 dropped interceptions, a miracle catch, a bizarre escape from a sack, a completely blown coverage.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Wellington said:

:D

I sent you an IRC PM, but I think you crashed out or something. Pick me a Giant hat to buy!

BTW, a Super Catch, in the Super Bowl, on the Super Logo.

Oh, and now the downer for after the Super Bowl...

Federal judge rules that Vick's roster bonus can't be recouped by Falcons
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3229782

J2 Cool

TheDuce22 said:
That last giants drive was possibly the ugliest drive ive ever seen. 3 dropped interceptions, a miracle catch, a bizarre escape from a sack, a completely blown coverage.

In a regular season, I'd agree. But in The Super Bowl, against a dynasty, it just becomes something else. Brady also threw a TD on a worse blown coverage the previous drive.

donkey show said:
Helmet catch ftw!!! :D

I hope that's the name. "The Helmet Catch". But it needs to include the escape as well in the name.

Congrats Wellington, and to all the Giants fans!

that wasn't a BLOWN coverage. a blown coverage is a zone play where one or more players simply doesn't cover the proper zone, leaving a huge gap. on this play, it was man to man, hobbs took a gamble and bit on the inside slant, but plax was running the double move and faded into the endzone. no blown coverage here, just a huge gamble that didn't pay off.

jman2050

I'm sorry, but using 18-1 as a term of derision is disrespectful and appalling, and completely diminishes the magnitude of that accomplishment.

I mean, you'd have to agree that the '84 Niners and '85 Bears really don't deserve this, right?

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
TheDuce22 said:

heh I felt the same on the Pat's last TD drive. Midget Welker skittering like a roach when the lights go on over and over and fucking over. *shrug*

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
well it's hard to blame Gay for not making an interception when he's playing with Kurt Warner's bionic left arm.

TheDuce22

Banned
bob_arctor said:
heh I felt the same on the Pat's last TD drive. Midget Welker skittering like a roach when the lights go on over and over and fucking over. *shrug*

Thats crazy talk. Welker is fun to watch. Still pissed the Eagles went after Curtis instead of him. We backed the wrong white guy.

eznark

Banned
NFL Network needs to do another Joe's Diner commercial. Just have the Masshole hanging himself. I'd buy a second subscription.

I'm sorry, but using 18-1 as a term of derision is disrespectful and appalling, and completely diminishes the magnitude of that accomplishment.

the 1 loss was in the superbowl. the 49ers and bears won the superbowl. why don't you ask the pats where they would have liked that 1 loss to come (regular season or the playoffs).

their season is meaningless. they are just like 31 other NFL teams now.

Redd

TheDuce22 said:

It's hard to cover a big guy on a slant. I'm sure if he had help over the top he could've bit on the fake and cover underneath. He was on an island, can't really fault him for seeing slant.

mCACGj

TheDuce22 said:
Thats crazy talk. Welker is fun to watch. Still pissed the Eagles went after Curtis instead of him. We backed the wrong white guy.

I won't deny that Welker is a better player, but they're practically the same player. The Patriots have Moss to free up Welker, if we still had a guy like TO, Curtis would be our Welker. Welker is quicker, faster, more agile, etc, but he's nothing if he's your number one guy, let alone not having someone who can get the ball to him quickly, in stride *cough cough McNabb at the feet cough cough*

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
TheDuce22 said:

no we didnt. you think welker would be putting up the same numbers with us? They could double him everytime out because there is no other threat. Welker gets free because of moss

Milabrega

Branduil said:

Not here. The game gets better and better each time you watch it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom