• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ELI MANNING OWNS TIKI BARBER, THE AFC, THE ENTIRE LEAGUE, AND THE UNIVERSE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
funkmastergeneral said:
I still don't get the hate the Patriots get. I think the only team I actively root against is the Yankees and the Canadians, because there is some deep seeded hatred there (they both always kick our asses).

I don't think you have to look any further than their head coach running off the field before the game was over and pretty much not answering any questions afterwards completely. Or their QB yelling at everyone when it was obvious that part of the problem was his own lack of mobility and his inability to read the defenses quickly enough and get rid of the ball.

Hmm. Quick search suggests this link hasn't been posted yet. Can that really be true?

http://www.rbk.com/us/perfectville/

They actually taped a segment where the Dolphins welcome the Patriots into the neighborhood with a pie. Destroy that tape as well.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
iapetus said:
It was a 50-yard field goal actually mumble mumble field position.
Ok. Punt it and pin them deep. When you are winning, and your defense is doing well, that is typically what you do. NOT go for it on 4th and 13. And FOX reported it as a 49 yard field goal. The kicker for the PATS has made one from 52. The odds of making that field goal are greater than completing a 40 yard pass play in the end zone. IMO, of course.

iapetus

Scary Euro Man
Shard said:
It has been posted.

Then it's been posted again, which isn't a bad thing.

What I really want to see, though, is the alternate ad they prepared in case of a Patriots win. That would be so sweet.

DenogginizerOS said:
Ok. Punt it and pin them deep. When you are winning, and your defense is doing well, that is typically what you do. NOT go for it on 4th and 13. And FOX reported it as a 49 yard field goal. The kicker for the PATS has made one from 52. The odds of making that field goal are greater than completing a 40 yard pass play in the end zone. IMO, of course.

Don't blame me, blame Belichick. That was a paraphrase of his comment on it when asked at the press conference. From ESPN:

Belichick was then questioned about his decision to go for it on fourth-and-13 in the third quarter rather than attempt a 49-yard field goal. Tom Brady tried a deep pass to Jabar Gaffney on the play that sailed out of bounds.

"Yeah, but it was a 50-yard field goal," he said before muttering something about field position.

Redd

SanjuroTsubaki said:
As a Patriots fan I'm not the least sad. Disapointed? Sure. But this was one of the best Super Bowls I have ever witnessed. The Giants in a span of 4 weeks defeat the top 3 teams in the NFL...teams that were distinctly better than the rest of the seeds of the qualifying teams. I still think thats pretty impressive.

On another note. For me its sad to post here. I know there are some people that genuinely like football here but to wade through the random anti-Boston sporting teams. I hate having to defend myself by making a genuine post here. I apologize for the people who wear pink Boston hats and think that they know something about football. We have them and by looking at many of the posts here obviously GAF sells some kind of pink hats too. For me I'm proud the Patriots are one of the elite teams in the league and look forward to them taking the field again next season. But to hear people say they choked while IN the Super Bowl never having a lead more than a touchdown? Nonsense. For me seeing a perfect season wouldn't be about becoming an asshole about it, but would be remembering it for the rest of my life and being able to tell my kids about it when they become fans of the game.

But to be honest all the hate does get to me. Maybe I do miss the lovable loser mentality which has been crushed since the year 2001. I'm truly sorry for the thousands of pink hats who don't even remember who Drew Bledsoe is.

Now I feel kind of bad rooting against the Patriots. I mean even if the Pats when it all next year this loss here will haunt the organization forever. To go perfect all the way to the Superbowl and then lose the one game you have to win.........must suck right now if your a true Patriot fan.

Anyone know if Junior will play another year?

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
iapetus said:
Don't blame me, blame Belichick. That was a paraphrase of his comment on it when asked at the press conference. From ESPN:

Apologies. That answer only makes me wonder even more what he was thinking. Sounds like he was preoccupied with other thoughts (perhaps from talking to his Defense on the sidelines).

Big-E

I am not upset about BB deciding to go for it on 4th and long. Gastowski has been nothing but wonky from anything outside 45 yards. Game was tight then and a 10 yard net punt isn't worth it so take your chances.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Redd said:
Now I feel kind of bad rooting against the Patriots. I mean even if the Pats when it all next year this loss here will haunt the organization forever. To go perfect all the way to the Superbowl and then lose the one game you have to win.........must suck right now if your a true Patriot fan.

Anyone know if Junior will play another year?

see that's what I've been saying. I think the people it'll haunt the most are, Seau, because he never got his ring, asante samuel for dropping a gift of an INT, and rodney harrison for letting that circus act of a catch go through. It came down to 4th down on that drive and they pulled it off. Patriots have certainly got a lot of hate, and this season was to silence people at least somewhat. Like I said earlier though, I'm dissapointed, but mostly because I know the superbowl is no big deal. Go ahead and celebrate though, you won something that at least one team a year wins obviously, it'll happen again next year to a different team, but nobody will go 18-0.

jjasper

jordan0386 said:
:lol 18 straight is still 18 straight!

Sad they couldnt seal the deal though.

All it will get them is the title "best team to not win the Super Bowl." What a great place in history.

Chiggs

Gold Member
I can't wait for this Spygate thing to get blown wide open again. On lunch, I'm going to write Senator Specter and thank him for his vigilant pursuit of justice.

On a side note, today's MMQB article is a joke and so is its author.

The biggest upset in Super Bowl history? I think not. To say this is the biggest surprise ever, I think, is a slight overstatement. On the surface, a six-loss team beating an undefeated team is obviously a stunning development. But think back five weeks. The 38-35 New England win over the Giants -- when the Patriots were playing for history and the Giants for nothing but to get their offense back on track -- was a knockdown, drag-out brawl. If you watched that game, you knew a competitive game was possible in the rematch. Somehow, I can't imagine this being more of a surprise than Super Bowl III, when the Jets shocked the world and beat 17-point-favorite Baltimore.

Yeah, okay...King.

eznark

Banned
jjasper said:
All it will get them is the title "best team to not win the Super Bowl." What a great place in history.

Yep, best losers ever, which puts them right at the 43rd best team ever.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
jjasper said:

they still have plenty of records from this year.

First- 16-0
longest regular season win streak- 19
most points in a season
most TD thrown in a season- 50
most TD receptions by a single player- 23
most TD in a season.

So yeah they will be forgotten quite a bit, which is unfair, but that's the way it works. I just wish they won it mostly for Seau, poor guy.

Chiggs

Gold Member
msdstc said:
So yeah they will be forgotten quite a bit, which is unfair, but that's the way it works. I just wish they won it mostly for Seau, poor guy.

Yeah, poor little millionaire. Gosh, I hope he doesn't kill himself.

eznark

Banned
msdstc said:

First- 16-0
most points in a season
most TD in a season.

Don't forget, biggest choke ever. That's the one that will follow every single 16-0 comment.

I also don't understand why anyone feels sorry for Seau? He's a ring chaser. There is nothing noble in that. He thought he had a chance to ride the Patriots coat tails to a championships. He's a leech, and I hope he retires.

bionic77

DenogginizerOS said:
Apologies. That answer only makes me wonder even more what he was thinking. Sounds like he was preoccupied with other thoughts (perhaps from talking to his Defense on the sidelines).
Dude have you ever heard Bellicheat in a press conference before? The guy is a total asshole and doesn't actually try to answer any questions.

This was on par for Bellicheat.

I guess the Brady/P. Manning era is now coming to a close.

Let the Roethlisberger/E. Manning era replace it!

Chiggs

Gold Member
eznark said:
I also don't understand why anyone feels sorry for Seau? He's a ring chaser. There is nothing noble in that. He thought he had a chance to ride the Patriots coat tails to a championships. He's a leech, and I hope he retires.

Agreed. He's no better than Ewing or Malone.

Also, here's Senator Specter's contact page, just in case you want to thank him for his "vigilant pursuit of justice," which is what I just wrote to him.

http://specter.senate.gov/public/index.cfm?FuseAction=Contact.ContactForm

Remember, Beantown, this is a United States Senator we're dealing with. Stay classy.

msdstc said:

First- 16-0
most points in a season
most TD in a season.

They wore themselves out going for all those meaningless records. All that matters is the big game, and they will be remembered for the choke more than the single season records.

LiveWire

Chiggs said:
I can't wait for this Spygate thing to get blown wide open again. On lunch, I'm going to write Senator Specter and thank him for his vigilant pursuit of justice.

On a side note, today's MMQB article is a joke and so is its author.

Yeah, okay...King.

:lol

BITTER TEARS, KING! BITTER TEARS! :D

firex

DenogginizerOS said:
He's probably pissed that the tapes didn't come in during halftime.

eznark

Banned
Lonestar said:
2005 Seahawks = 2007 Patriots. SUPER BOWL LOSERS!

A more apt comparison is the 97 Packers = 2007 Patriots, as both were statisticall excellent teams who totally blew it in the Super Bowl when they were heavy favorites with years of (varying degrees) of success.

But yeah, point stands. Patriots are just another bunch of super bowl losers (with the least classy guy in all of sport for a head coach).

Game is 60 minutes Bill.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
God I don't know why I still watch First Take.

This is freaking ridiculous. Skip Bayless is actually sounding like the reasonable one here(of course, for a month he's been saying that Coughlin made the worst coaching decision ever by playing his starters for the whole week 17 game) and...uh...the other loud annoying douchebag is screaming about how the Giants didn't win the game, the Pats lost.

Seriously, you jackass? The Giants dominating defensive line performance didn't win the game? Eli's deciding "Hey, you know what, fuck it, I'm going to make some god damned plays" didn't win the game?

eznark

Banned
Archaix said:
God I don't know why I still watch First Take.

This is freaking ridiculous. Skip Bayless is actually sounding like the reasonable one here(of course, for a month he's been saying that Coughlin made the worst coaching decision ever by playing his starters for the whole week 17 game) and...uh...the other loud annoying douchebag is screaming about how the Giants didn't win the game, the Pats lost.

Seriously, you jackass? The Giants dominating defensive line performance didn't win the game? Eli's deciding "Hey, you know what, fuck it, I'm going to make some god damned plays" didn't win the game?

Patriots lost it, Giants won it. It's all academic. The important thing is whiny New England bitches are weeping right now...for that we're all winners.

Andokuky

Banned
Eli Manning crow:

story.jpg

It's so good! Once it hits your lips, it's so good!

Woke up this morning still feeling a slight buzz of happiness ;)

lol at skip being the reasonable one comments because it's true which is the first time that statement has ever been uttered.

As individuals I have nothing against the Patriots. I like Brady, I like Seau, I like Bruschi, etc but as an organization they are just so obnoxious and they ran it up on everybody so hard that's its difficult not to enjoy the slamming they are taking..

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
Goto the bottom of pg 50 in this thread to all of pg 51 if you want to see how the board felt about the "The Play" LOLLLL I have never seen a whole page with 3 word posts... mostly combining the words HOLY, SHIT, O, M, G, EPIC, WOW...

Good reading

LJ11

Anyone remember Eli slapping Brady on the back as he came out onto the field for warm ups and Brady just shrugging him off, staring him down, while Manning jogged away with this big old grin?

Felt like something you would see at HS football game. Loved that moment.

el Diablo

Banned
funkmastergeneral said:
I still don't get the hate the Patriots get. I think the only team I actively root against is the Yankees and the Canadians, because there is some deep seeded hatred there (they both always kick our asses).

I'd imagine to most people the reason is easy, it's Belicheck. The guy comes off as such an arrogant asshole that it makes it easy to hate them. That whole fake humility thing really rubs people the wrong way and it wasn't only him pulling it this year, it was the whole team.

jjasper

el Diablo said:
I'd imagine to most people the reason is easy, it's Belicheck. The guy comes off as such an arrogant asshole that it makes it easy to hate them. That whole fake humility thing really rubs people the wrong way and it wasn't only him pulling it this year, it was the whole team.

I don't know about all that I just hate that he wears sweatshirts with cut off sleeves.

Ok yeah I hate pretty much everything about him, which was displayed by him leaving before the game was over.

h_a_t

DenogginizerOS said:
I am surprised more analysts aren't pointing out how mind-numbingly stupid and arrogant it was for Belichick to go for it on 4th and 13 in a tight game rather than kick a 49-yard field goal. At the very least, they could have punted and tried to pin them deep and send the Defense in to put all kinds of pressure on Eli. If any Pats fan wants to know why they lost, that 4th and 13 sums it up.

On a different note, I caught Tiki interviewing Eli after the game on the Today show this morning. Eli was classy and said that they won because they had the "right guys playing." Suck it down, Tiki.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/22989906#22989906

haha...owned.
I'm not a Patriots fan, but I freakin' hate all NY sports teams with the exception of Eli.
Seriously though, what's up with going for it on 4th and 13 at that point in the game?!

harSon

Banned
LJ11 said:
Anyone remember Eli slapping Brady on the back as he came out onto the field for warm ups and Brady just shrugging him off, staring him down, while Manning jogged away with this big old grin?

Felt like something you would see at HS football game. Loved that moment.

He looked like he had the same old goofy Eli look on his face to me :lol

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
I don't know if this was pointed out already, but the Patsies are the third NFL team to finish 18-1, the other two being the '84 49ers and the '85 Bears. Only thing is, the other two 18-1 teams actually won the Super Bowl. :lol

CRY SOME MORE BITTER TEARS, PATSIES FANS! :D

Great game, great finish, great team. I'm just so excited, this is the best I have felt about a sports team since the '94 Rangers. Simply awe inspiring.

By the way, we need a name for that Manning/Tyree play. My brother came up with "the hat trick" (since he caughti t on his head). But that's only half the play, so we need something else.

Oh, BTW:

Bill Simmons' BITTER TEARS.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Cloudy said:
Almost another miracle catch. This next one will be picked off..

Stated right before the go ahead touchdown by the Giants.

Can anyone deny the Cloudy Jinx? It is written in stone and mortar.

Madman

I'm still waiting for Bellichick to try to turn over the descision. He's probably sitting in a dimly lit room reading everything in the rule book looking for a way to get it all back and do it over again.

18-1. So close, yet so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom