• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2, who is buying it?

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
Who is definitely and without a doubt going to be buying Destiny 2?

If you've played the beta what do you think of it? Has the beta changed your mind?

eizarus

Banned
Me. I'm assuming they'll fix the problem with cool down timers. Other than that, I don't have an issue. Most of the guns were lame, but I don't expect them to show us really good guns during the beta.

Jaraghan

I am 100% in. Didn't even need to play the beta to know this. D1 was one of my favorite (and most played games) last gen. I cannot wait to see what the next 3 years are like with D2 and friends.

Blam

I preordered the game+expansion pass edition on PS4 and PC so I'm set.

2 Preorders is more then enough showing that I'm all ready for the hype train that D2 is gonna be.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
Me. I'm assuming they'll fix the problem with cool down timers.

I guess that can be easily fixed. Didn't they say they fixed the grenade timers? Also, I think once we can customise builds then it'll improve the timings. I'm just worried about supers.

Pass for me. Not a MMO I want to play. MMOs are streamlined enough as it is since WoW changed the genre. But this is takes themepark MMOs to the next level.

Pre-ordered on PC and XBO. Definitely day one. I poured hundreds of hours in to D1, and this seems like a better D1 with more content. The beta's been amazing to me.

Izuna

Banned
Gunna skip it

Did all of Destiny 1 up until RoI

Wish I never did tbh

Unlike other super long games I feel like the game literally deletes your save with each update.

Gator86

Everyone because everyone's friends are buying it. It'll be fine albeit unspectacular. People will declare it amazing and spend 49593 hours grinding the same handful of levels while other people will call it shit. It's still Destiny in the end.

I’ll be buying it, but I’m gonna wait a bit. Im getting the vibe it’s gonna be like the launch of Destiny 1 all over again. Not sure if I’ll wait for the 1 year edition or just grab it during a sale.

CeePhour

Banned
I will, just a matter of "how".

I'm 100% digital, but I have a weakness for white consoles and really like the look of that white PS4 Pro that is coming with Destiny 2. Hoping it's a code and not a disc.
Then there's the "but it's on PC this time!" crowd. That didn't matter to me as I can't stand the MP but enjoyed the more casual SP content, and I've got the Blizzard Bux sitting in the account already, so that is an option as well.

Loved Destiny 1 on PS4, didn't even intend to buy/play it, it just came with my PS4 at the time (TTK). Couldn't convince anyone I know it was awesome so I played by myself for months.

Van Bur3n

Just wait for reviews/impressions of others, gather information based on what you like and didn't like of what you heard, and determine it from there. Very simple. You don't need to be the fool that buys it day one. Doing things like that leads to messes like the first Destiny when it launched. I made that mistake the first time, I won't do it a second time.

Aeqvitas

Nope. Got burned harder on Destiny 1 than any other game I bought (and I bought Aliens Colonial Marines), and Bungie is continuing to go out of their way to dump on the Xbox and PC crowd with the most offensive timed exclusive content policy in the industry. More than happy to wait for anthem and play tons of other games across my 3 primary platforms in the meantime.

eizarus

Banned
I guess that can be easily fixed. Didn't they say they fixed the grenade timers? Also, I think once we can customise builds then it'll improve the timings. I'm just worried about supers.
Me too. I want to be able to hit my Super at least once, regardless of how I perform. It was almost perfect in D1.
Just wait for reviews/impressions of others, gather information based on what you like and didn't like of what you heard, and determine it from there. Very simple. You don't need to be the fool that buys it day one. Doing things like that leads to messes like the first Destiny when it launched.
Have you seen the Cayde statue?

I'm going to wait on PC impressions after release. But I'm grabbing it the moment I can get it for $30-$40. Probably near Black Friday.

NullMoon

Neo Member
Day one for sure, I already paid off the Game and Expansion pass so I'm ready. I put a ton of hours into Destiny solo and had a blast with it. With that said now that my brother got an Xbox One too I'll have someone to play with regularly so I'm excited.

Lgndryhr

Will wait a year this go around. I am sure there will be plenty of people that buy it right away. I am torn PS4 or PC.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
Day uno on PC

60fps is worth the wait

I would prefer to play it on my PC at 60fps. I will play the beta on PC and hope that I can maintain a solid 60fps. I was fine with 30fps on PS4 in D1 but I think 60fps will make it much more enjoyable.

Depends on the reviews and how much of the game I can play on my own. And also if there is no "moose" error code since I can't play the beta because of it.

I will. I actually bought a PS4 for the first game and played it at launch, but thought it was so bad that I sold it within a week. But I've heard so many things about how the game improved after launch, and it's going to be such a big release that my curiosity has gotten the best of me.

PC here. I always said if destiny comes to PC it would be hard not to buy it but since the reveal and what I've seen since I have little to no interest at the moment.

Haven't played the beta yet, but I knew I was going to buy it regardless. I've already got my digital pre-order locked in, but i'm holding off on the expansion pass. I barely played the content from the D1 expansion pass so I wanna see if the game will hold my interest for that long.

Top Bottom