• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2, who is buying it?

Anyone know if:

a) There is pre-loading for this game on Xbox One?

b) Is Best Buy opening at midnight?

I'd like to get this game buy I'd like to buy it form BB since I get 20% off. But Gamestop is starting sales at 10pm in Chicago so I may just do it there

Already up for pre-load (29.1 GB) on Xbox.

Mupod

Nvidia driver out now says there's an SLI profile in. I was pretty confident I'd buy it but yeah that probably seals the deal unless the PC version is somehow a disaster.

I will pick it up eventually but I'll wait for the price to drop or a good bundle of some kind. This will be the first Bungie game I don't pick up day one since Halo 2 back in 2004.

Jumeira

Banned
Going to pass I think, not sold on it or the premise.

I've not been a fan of this type of MMO FPS/shooter trend ongoing in gaming at the moment. Sea of Thieves will be my first time playing a game that's built to be shared, I am.looking forward to it because it's more adventure. But Destiny looks...quite similar to D1, which looks quite mediocre.

Rizific

Yep. I liked what I played on ps4 of d1 and always told myself I'd be there day 1 if it ever comes to pc. Just couldn't shake the feeling that it was meant to be played on a PC.

Bluemongoose

Neo Member
I was curious but very intimidated by the first one. Not a big fan of these online , big world games but I had fun with the demo. Might jump into this one.

Ugh I'm double dipping. WoW guild is split between ps4 and pc so I bought the pc version with WoW gold and preordered digital ps4 since I missed out on the limited edition.

Now I just have to decide what classes on which platform I'll be playing. I played all 3 in Destiny 1 but I always tended to favor Titan Defender for pve and striker for pvp. I know the Titan bubble is still in but not a lot of details other than its an alternative ultimate to shield. Hopefully its still great for dropping on dead teammates to revive them. It also doesn't help I don't know what the class exotics will be and I love scout rifles (Tlaloc was one of the main reasons I made a lock alt lol).

ChazGW7

Anyone bought Destiny 2 through CDKeys yet and got a code? Not sure whether my order through them will get me early access to the beta.

V1ctIm

Neo Member
Was going to get a Pro for RDR2 this fall, but with that delay and this release I've got the D2 Pro bundle on reserve. Very very excited. Really great impressions so far.

Nauren

Preordered, preinstalled, and pre-chilled Rockstar Destiny 2 drinks ready to go.

Can't seem to find the Pop Tarts, but there's still time.

I haven't been able to find the pop tarts either here in Delaware/Maryland/New Jersey area. Actually the Rockstars have been hard to find. Only know of one place that carries them but I got plenty.

Def am day 1.

MDSLKTR

Wasn't planning on, but the latest European dead zone trailer sold me and then some. 60fps and kb&m is a game changer

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
Anyone bought Destiny 2 through CDKeys yet and got a code? Not sure whether my order through them will get me early access to the beta.

i don't think you'll get a code for the beta. i think they get their codes from the physical retail boxes and upload them. i just bought F1 2017 from them and the code for the game was a scan of the code from the box. so you won't get the code through for your game until they receive the shipment of retail boxes.

if you have an amazon account you could always pre order it on there (they don't charge until ship), get a code, and cancel the order. That's what I did.

I wonder if buying Destiny 2 with the expansion pass bundle actually saves you money. I bought Destiny 1 that way but I don't remember how much the first 2 expansions ended up costing.

johntown

Banned
Already bought for PC. I played the first one on PS4 and stopped after the Crota raid and other aspects soured me on the game.

I cannot wait to actually play in 60fps.

Flyinmunky

So we are close to launch and i'm yet to see any character creation screens.....

I'm now expecting not being able to edit D1 character and creating a new character will offer no extra options compared to D1.

Everything about this game screams lazy....

Keep trying to find reasons to hype myself up to buy but its just not happening.

Epcott

Was originally planning to just play FFXIV Heavensward and Stormblood this fall and winter, then pick up D2 by next spring and by pass vanilla...

But after watching Polygon's EDZ openworld gameplay today, I'm sorely tempted to pick it up at launch. I think I just might.

Too many games and not enough time 😂😑

Flyinmunky

smh, I really don't think your looking at the same game.

Maybe i just got burned out , i did play a lot of D1.

Watching videos and seeing ppl fight things like the harpys again and the practically the same enemies i fought when the game launched. Was really hoping for new alien races with new tactics to fighting.

Was expecting at min 1 new class to join Titan, Hunters and warlocks.... and then sub class is still 3.

Limited character creator customisation ...

The beta mission was a snooze fest.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
I pre-ordered the game mainly to get into the PC beta, but the more I see of the game the more interested I'm getting. I re-subbed to WoW ealier this year and enjoyed it for a while but the amount of straight-up grinding really got to me, and I unsubbed after two months. However I still have an itch for an MMO-type game where I can explore new worlds, gear up, and team up with others to tackle dungeons and raids. I've tried a bunch of MMOs but haven't been able to stick with any of them (ESO, Wildstar, Guild Wars 2).

We'll see how I feel after the beta though.

Definitely. Hopefully will be a better experience out the gate than the original was. Going to be my main game until October rolls in.

Top Bottom