• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2, who is buying it?

Greedings

Despite loving Destiny 1, I think I'm done with Destiny. Without friends to play the raids, it got boring, and in the classic style of old MMOs, people would let you join their PUG if you'd never done the raid before. So lame.

Eric WK

Despite loving Destiny 1, I think I'm done with Destiny. Without friends to play the raids, it got boring, and in the classic style of old MMOs, people would let you join their PUG if you'd never done the raid before. So lame.

There's an entire system in Destiny 2 designed to get solo players into raids with experienced groups.

Plenty of people here on GAF to raid with! Also, it's really easy to find beginner-friendly raid teams on Reddit and the100.io.

Finaika

I'm ready
dg8FyIW.png

Hand Cannons are the best.

mrqs

I won't.

I think this sequel is just uninspiring. I played more than 500 hours of Destiny 1, loved that broken game. Then I went away and came back to the Rise of Iron expansion. Had a good time.

Was excited to see what would they pull off with Destiny 2, but then it got internally delayed. Ok, that's fine, I'll wait.

With the final announcement that your original Destiny 1 character wouldn't be able to go into Destiny 2, I was like: "wow, they will really change a lot". My expectations? Sure, but they make it look like it would be something big.

So the reveal came out and dear lord, it's just the SAME THING. Sure, there are tweaks and supposedly some improvements, but I couldn't get away from feeling disappointed.

So no, there's nothing there that excites me. Gameplay changes weren't what I was looking for. And goddamn, it really looks like they're using cut content from D1 on D2. It sucks! And I really don't dig the art style of the EDZ, it looks like some old gen style, where everything was yellow-ish.

I dig this art style.

4nIIeI2.jpg

This is weird:(

yiuGERY.jpg

Cut content from D1

5TmWIs4.jpg

D2

jTqGnWu.png

They're just trying to catch up. It's just sad for me. I can't really get excited, they tried to improve everything without changing it too much. For me, it's just an standalone expension.

D1 cut content vs D2

mcjeqp7.jpg

HkJEJWT.jpg

I know, I'm being way too negative. But i was hoping to get excited, see visible changes. And using the cut content from D1 really made it worse.

tariniel

Does anyone know if I can buy a Destiny 2 PC code that came with someones GTX 1080, and redeem it for myself? I also have a GTX 1080 FTW that I bought last year.

I'm interested in playing on PC especially if I can get it for cheap. I liked The Taken King on PS4 when it came out a whole lot, my only complaint was 30fps and needing a PS+ sub.

Shredderi

I wasn't really interested in the first one after it launched and this does nothing to attract to hop onto this one. They can propably afford to not entice newcomers if all their current fans jump in.

What system to you play on? If its ps4, id gladly play along side with you.

Bold One

I keep telling myself that i am going to wait until D2 Comet is announced and just buy that. Then i see trailers of Guardians jumping off high things and running through spinning platforms

I will most likely buy it in early October after i finish Yakuza Kiwami

Destiny is the type of game you will play so much that changing the disk will get annoying. Buy a Digital copy and then find a discounted LE later if you really want it.
Wish I could go digital but my connection is so slow the download will take too long.

How many days prior is the pre load?

george_us

I am unless there's something horribly wrong with the game. Beta mission was great and the campaign sounds a lot meatier this time.

Camwi

Day one. Loved the shit out of Destiny, even at launch. Eventually stopped playing and came back to it after a few major expansions, and holy shit did they improve everything.

No need for me to play the beta to know I'll enjoy more Destiny greatness.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
The ๖ۜBronx;246876426 said:
What did you want added that isn't there?

Curious, because these "1.5" posts rarely specify the actual elements they wanted from the sequel.

Brand new stuff, shake up the whole Destiny formular and not release a sequel that has mostly cut content from Destiny 1. They are playing it too safe to call it Destiny 2 imo

How about some new classes? only 1 new raid? GTFO

This could have easily been an expansion pack for Destiny 1.

In my eyes it's an easy cash grab from Activision, nothing more. But hey you guys be hyped for it and enjoy it.

Most people don't have any lists of features and thingies that needs to be in a sequel in order for them to be blown away. What matters is that for some people, what has been shown, is not enough to rouse interest because it looks like too much more of the same. That sentiment isn't invalidated if one doesn't have a specific list of things that the game needed. In turn, that sentiment doesn't invalidate someone feeling excited for the game. But take me for example, who only played the Destiny Alpha. If you showed me D2 and told me it's D1 I would believe you, 100%.

Exactly.

Shredderi

Curious, because these "1.5" posts rarely specify anything they would have wanted adding to something that's a sequel.

Most people don't have any lists of features and thingies that needs to be in a sequel in order for them to be blown away. What matters is that for some people, what has been shown, is not enough to rouse interest because it looks like too much more of the same. That sentiment isn't invalidated if one doesn't have a specific list of things that the game needed. In turn, that sentiment doesn't invalidate someone feeling excited for the game. But take me for example, who only played the Destiny Alpha. If you showed me D2 and told me it's D1 I would believe you, 100%.

bigJP

in day 1
d1 was fun even with all the issues
d2 will have issues and things i wont like but im pretty sure it will be addictive and fun

carlsojo

I mean personally I liked Destiny 1. If Destiny 2 felt and looked like a completely different kind of game then I wouldn't be interested.

PC here. I always said if destiny comes to PC it would be hard not to buy it but since the reveal and what I've seen since I have little to no interest at the moment.
And now that has changed. Beta will still have to sell me on it for the purchase but I feel much more excited for it now.

gspec

Curious, because these "1.5" posts rarely specify the actual elements they wanted from the sequel.

The problem here is that Bungie showcased destiny 1 as one thing but it turned out to be something different from what they promised. Many gamers who bought the game felt somewhat cheated even though it was a good game(see Mass effect Andromeda). The excuse for bungie was development problems along with having to make the game for PS3 and xbox 360 which limited its potential.

So Destiny 2 was suppose to be the game that they originally promised and that means different things to different gamers (MMO, RPG, Action\shooter, MMO\shooter, etc.). Destiny 2 is not an RPG (bungie says its an action game. This has been mention a lot lately) so gamers looking for that will be disappointed. Some just wanted a better balanced game and some wanted PVE and PVP to be separated and so and so forth.

Also Bungie attitude toward destiny gamers has been bad especially sometime after it launched and bungie has been caught lying a number times. They would fix an exploit immediately but leave bugs that hurt the player in the game for months.

It has been a bumpy road for sure.

Too much of Bungie and Activision's handling of the series has been botched. It doesn't make any sense to buy it now. In a year I'll take a look at it if I don't have anything to play. I'm sure they'll have ironed out some of the issues and I can get the DLC for free in whatever they're calling the new edition of the game.

I enjoyed the hell out of the first Destiny, it was repetitive but I think it managed to bring players together very well. I'd play online with my former supervisor and a couple other friends, met some new friends too.

The problem being there is a tonne of good shooters up this fall Call of Duty WWII, Star Wars Battlefront 2. I may have to hold off on Destiny 2 for abit but yes eventually I will pick it up.

Probably not at launch, I did that with Destiny 1 and it wasn't a great experience.

Maybe 1-2 years down the line when there's more to do.

Angelcurio

After paying 60 dollars to beta test Destiny 1 with the really short story mode, and the first 2 DLC's which had the same levels in reverse, i will wait until the reviews land and other Gaf users give their impressions.

Even though i enjoyed and played a lot of Destiny 1, and TTK was what all the DLC should have been like since day 1, no less true was the fact that Vanilla Destiny was a real disappointment and extremely light on content.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I'm planning to get it for PC, but I am actually glad it comes out on consoles first so I can see what the impressions are 1 month out.

Anyone know if:

a) There is pre-loading for this game on Xbox One?

b) Is Best Buy opening at midnight?

I'd like to get this game buy I'd like to buy it form BB since I get 20% off. But Gamestop is starting sales at 10pm in Chicago so I may just do it there

gspec

Anyone know if:

a) There is pre-loading for this game on Xbox One?

b) Is Best Buy opening at midnight?

I'd like to get this game buy I'd like to buy it form BB since I get 20% off. But Gamestop is starting sales at 10pm in Chicago so I may just do it there

a. Yes.
b. Most likely. It is a big AAA title.

Shikoba

Going to pick it up digitally on PS4. After 4 expansions my original Destiny disc felt so useless. Not going to bother with a disc this time around. Judging by how the PC beta goes, I may double dip. Not sure. I feel like every shooter I've tried to play on PC is filled with hackers. Maybe I just get unlucky or something. Definitely picking up on PS4 though.

ZugZug123

As a PC+Nintendo owner, I will make my decision after the PC open beta. Was excited when they announced PC version but with so many games to play I need to check it out before committing.

Top Bottom