• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2, who is buying it?

Steiner

Banned
I just found out after reaching out to Activision that reviewers won't get to play until servers go live on launch day. Did we know this?

Quoting for the new page just in case this gets lost. Was this how reviews were handled for the original Destiny?

My wife was obsessed with playing D1 and would murder me if we didn't get 2 so yes, I'm in.

The PVE in the beta was very promising and felt pretty good for the both of us, her being a hunter and myself a warlock.

Took advantage of the Amazon discount for the bilingual version and preordered two copies for $49 CA each.

Setmeni

I was super into the first one and double dipped even, however the beta just didn't feel good to me. The PvP changes I hated, not having a shotgun was terrible and supers were too slow. The addition of SMGs confused me as it just felt like doubling up on assault rifles as there wasn't enough range in the PvP maps to tell a difference. Not saying I'll never buy it but it won't be a day 1 title for me.

Its more of the same. This fall has too many games, I'll skip Destiny 2 for now. Might get it again at a cheaper price or when they re-release the game with the expansions attached.

The End

Put ~500 hours into the first game, even though I only managed to raid a few times.

I like some of the changes int he beta (Captain Titan reporting for duty) and not others (Crucible feels like Diet Halo now)

Considering how much the first game evolved over ~3 years though I'm fully on board again this time.

Barakov

Even though it's more of the same, I'm in. I'm still playing Destiny here and there so I definitely am on board for the sequel.

I could less about multiplayer, though. I didn't care about it in the first game and since mp in this is a pared down version of that I'll happily ignore it. Nothing they've shown would make me give up TItanfall 2, Battlefield or Overwatch.

UCBooties

I haven't played the Beta but I recently grabbed the Destiny 1 complete collection and I'm having a blast. Ideally I'll get the Pro bundle cuz my launch PS4 really needs to be replaced but I don't know how likely that's going to be at launch. :-/

Ennosuke

I will buy it, but I have no idea for which platform. All of them have pro and cons and I can't really decide.

Nursezero

I've been off the train, but I'll be back in. Day one for me. I also requested a day off from work to play it for a full day.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
destiny lost me before the dlc hit, but i still got a couple of dozen good hours out of it. i expect at least the same from d2, so i'm in - but probably not for the long haul

Saganator

I was a sucker for the first one and bought the Digital Deluxe version, and never touched the game after 2 weeks. So if I ever get D2, it'll probably be GOTY edition on sale.

arevin01

My wife was obsessed with playing D1 and would murder me if we didn't get 2 so yes, I'm in.

The PVE in the beta was very promising and felt pretty good for the both of us, her being a hunter and myself a warlock.

Took advantage of the Amazon discount for the bilingual version and preordered two copies for $49 CA each.

You guys have separate consoles to play with each other?

emrober5

IF i get it, it will be when whatever destiny 2's version of the taken king is out...and at a discount.

I was interested, but they have made some horrible choices in "improving" on Destiny. I could not keep interested in the first one and there are just too many games in my backlog right now.

orborborb

Every single change they've made I am aware of is for the worse, and I doubt I will play it a tenth as much, but I'm still curious about the new planets and arenas. If they are spatially and artistically less interesting I'll just keep playing Destiny 1.

void666

Banned
Got a pc copy with my 1080ti purchase. Upgraded to deluxe. So, i have deluxe both on ps4 and pc.

It's the only game i care right now. Can't wait.

Theorry

Debating if i am gonna get the digital premium edition. For extra 10 bucks you get this. Not sure if its worth it.

8b95k9x.jpg

Theorry

Looks like the Xbox One version download is 29.1 GB. Just pre ordered it.
Destiny 1 was arround 18gb i believe?

Frozone

Yea, I'll pick it up. I never actually played this on PS4 so if it supports 4k on the Pro, I'll get it on that.. otherwise on PC. I'm not sure if I'll like it though.

Holdfing

Tried the beta on PS4, I didn't see the appeal. Haven't played the first one, so I didn't even know what all the characters were talking about.

Guess it's not for me.

zoukka

Tried the beta on PS4, I didn't see the appeal. Haven't played the first one, so I didn't even know what all the characters were talking about.

Don't worry nobody who played D1 does either. This series contains some of the worst writing since Kingdom Hearts.

Still feel burned by Destiny 1s promise. Story and writing was so bad, and content was so limited at launch.
Yeah, the gameplay is fun, but I think I have to sit this one out.

Floex

I can't believe how muted the hype for this game has been. I'm really curious to see how it will sell.

It'll sell gangbusters but boy coming from that beta it has to be the most boring launch for a AAA game.

Still waiting to hear what new things they've added.

Top Bottom